Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HBARMY HQ - Everything About HBAR Here - Q&A Articles Information - Open to Everyone to Post

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Interested in seeing what kind of return one can get by staking. If you're buying for long term growth, it only makes sense to do this to get some short term gain off your investment.

I should probably do some homework.......
Hedera says that the staking return will be minimal because you're not providing much compared to setting up and running a node which will earn the majority of HBARs.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Hedera says that the staking return will be minimal because you're not providing much compared to setting up and running a node which will earn the majority of HBARs.
Interesting. I know a couple of real estate investors in Louisville that are planning on setting up mining operations in their AirBNB's. Curious if I could do the same with a node. That way my utility/internet costs are a write-off.

Like I said...lots of homework.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Interesting. I know a couple of real estate investors in Louisville that are planning on setting up mining operations in their AirBNB's. Curious if I could do the same with a node. That way my utility/internet costs are a write-off.

Like I said...lots of homework.

I don't think its profitable to mine the proof of work coins on a small scale. Probably not worth your time.

You could write off those expenses especially if you have another LLC such as an airbnb to run them through. Just say you bought a new computer for your airbnb.

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
What does it all mean, Basil?

That means someone took 1.5 billion HBAR off of the exchange and moved them to their "Cold Storage" wallet.

If you are going to sell or trade you leave them on the exchange - you usually do that if you think price is going down and you need them on the exchange to sell them.

Opposite is true when you take them off the exchange - you think the investment/project is good and the price is going to go up - so you move them to the safety of your "cold" storage wallet.

Think of it this way...

If you own a piece of art and think the value might go down or you want to sell it you have to have it with "Sotheby's' or an auction house to sell it - these are like crypto exchanges they are the place you have to have the artwork to sell it in the open market.

If you think the value of your art is going up and don't want to sell it you keep it in your home or other secure place - think of your home as the "Cold Storage Wallet"

Basically someone just took $329,000,000 worth of HBAR home with them because they are going to hold it as they anticipate the value going up and don't want to sell now.

Someone with a shit-pile of money/HBAR just indicated they think it's time to sit at home and enjoy the ride.

Hopefully the above helps.

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
FKUdQdzXoAILdj7

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
You have to use a specific style like. It's like if you search it from trading view itself it takes you to the wrong style chart, but if you search it from a search engine it takes you to the right place

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
You have to use a specific style like. It's like if you search it from trading view itself it takes you to the wrong style chart, but if you search it from a search engine it takes you to the right place
Interesting. So it allows the basic charts for a ticker then, not a custom chart with different lines, etc.?

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Damn, 150K HBAR will be nice some day.
My goal is to have 100K by EOY. I may not get there, but gonna make a good run at it.

Pissed I lost out at sub .20, but got a bunch at .20. Soon as I can deposit in bittrex again I'll grab some more. I'll probably keep buying til .50 or I hit my 100K. Its gonna be a long term play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom