Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

H.H. Holmes: Darkness Reserved Episode 2

PleasureMoose

Legendary
What’s the story on the Pitezel family?
its the most insane thing ever. Benjamin Pitezel was HHs bestfriend in Chicago they did a bunch of insurance scams together..I think he even helped HH build the murder castle. they were gonna fake HH's death and do an life insurance claim well instead or using someone elses corpse for the scam, HH just killed Pitezel(his bff) and used his lol and it fucking worked. Holmes was godfather to Pitezel 3 kids i believe so all them then went to HH. He proceeded to torture and murder all 3 kids. The main detective on the HH case didn't find the bodies till like 3 years later. I got the book by Erik Larson called Devil in the White City its about HHs time in Chicago. @DarknessReserved or someone correct me if I'm wrong here...

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
its the most insane thing ever. Benjamin Pitezel was HHs bestfriend in Chicago they did a bunch of insurance scams together..I think he even helped HH build the murder castle. they were gonna fake HH's death and do an life insurance claim well instead or using someone elses corpse for the scam, HH just killed Pitezel(his bff) and used his lol and it fucking worked. Holmes was godfather to Pitezel 3 kids i believe so all them then went to HH. He proceeded to torture and murder all 3 kids. The main detective on the HH case didn't find the bodies till like 3 years later. I got the book by Erik Larson called Devil in the White City its about HHs time in Chicago. @DarknessReserved or someone correct me if I'm wrong here...
In the podcast they talked about some of Holmes early insurance fraud schemes. They would dig up corpses and have their friends fake deaths and collect life insurance.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
In the podcast they talked about some of Holmes early insurance fraud schemes. They would dig up corpses and have their friends fake deaths and collect life insurance.
yup that was his thing. I just didn't remember hearing them say anything about the Pitezel family. They were really close with HH and Benjamin was a big part of his life in Chicago

Belezabro

Elite
Devil in the White City is one of the best books I've read. Any of Larson's books are fantastic.

Top Bottom