Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GUN Thread

Nayat

Elite
does it have an aluminum receiver, or steel? Post a picture of it. They are clone of the HK91, with mixed reviews on reliability, depending on a few factors.

if it does have the aluminum reciever, you can demill the gun and replace it with a steel one. If it does have aluminum, I suggest not shooting it much.
I'd have to double check, but probably aluminum. Gun is accurate and cycles well.

TheResister

Elite
I've never owned one. But you already know the reputation of HK. From the pic it looks like the standard AR setup. So, from a survivalist perspective I would be asking about parts availability and interchangeability.

Other than that, is it a good weapon? I can't see HK putting junk on the market. I can build a really great rifle that is dependable and features things like a cold hammer forged chrome bore barrel, nickel boron bolt and a Geissele trigger with decent sights for just over half the price of that HK. The difference would be that the HK will probably be a shade more accurate.

Then again, most quality built rifles have an accuracy potential greater than most casual shooters are capable of. Should you buy it? That depends upon why you're buying it and, more importantly how you plan to employ it. In any event, in about two to three years, Uncle Scam will be wanting you to fork it over.

A small edit here: Unless you have a lot of patience, do not do business with PSA. They have the worst customer service in the firearms industry and they are damn proud of it. I got a defective upper from them once and it took five months to get the issue resolved. Check on YT. Many of those people will confirm the lack of customer support. AND, if you complain, they will quit doing business with you.

Last edited:

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
bond-arms-lever-1.jpg

If you live in cali or some commie hell hole maybe check into a lever action that uses AR mags. Not perfect but it protects part of your investment...

TheResister

Elite
Got a message from GOA today:

TELL CONGRESS: REPEAL THE VETERAN GUN BAN!​

As you may recall, both the House and Senate passed bipartisan amendments last year to repeal the Veteran Gun Ban after an intense lobbying campaign by GOA and our members.

However, anti-gun extremists haven’t backed down, and they’re plotting to sabotage our victory by removing that amendment as Congress negotiates the final passage of the omnibus continuing resolution funding bill!

Attachments

• 1709091904926.png
    1709091904926.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 1
The AR15 is perhaps the most scienced out and tested firearm in history. By that I mean the American civilian consumer market. The regular DI Palmetto State AR, will likely perform just as good as the HK.

Yes the HK will have some "better parts" and better fit and finish, but by in large, the only thing I would say about the HK that would have an edge over the standard DI Ar15, is barrel life. A chrome lined hammer forged barrel will out last and out perform a nitrided barrel, but the AR15 is a very easy rifle to do a barrel change on.

If I had a choice, and it was the last rifle I could buy, between the HK and others like the PSA, I would choose the HK, simply due to longevity, but no other reason. If I could use the same funds, I would choose to buy 6 PSA AR!5s, and would never have to worry about a rifle again.

Nice gun though.

Top Bottom