Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Great White doing Great White thingz....

D

Deleted member 2886

Hey

Hey @CuriousFiend ,,, is this the black language of mordor?? I can't get a thing honestly.guess am too dumb,🤣🤣
Oh I forgot to mention,...check out;
-phrontistery.info-
It's where I get these crazy looking grandiloquent words.
I originally got into learning these words especially to mess with a super-obnoxious-arrogant troll on another forum.
This particular troll makes Rube creeper & America1st seem like comical kittens.

TJHall1

Legendary
View attachment 95253
My great grandfather still holds the record for the largest great white ever caught by one man. Also, he was a WW2 vet. Got to hang out a lot before he passed and loved listening to his stories.https://thebradentontimes.com/sunday-favorites-shark-tale-p15752-133.htm
Awesome post, but unless I'm mistaken there has never been a great white over 20 feet ever recorded, let alone caught. Not sure what that Florida institute is talking about in that post. Even in the picture that shark doesn't look nearly 20 ft.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Still the largest shark caught on rod and reel was at the cherry grove pier.
View attachment 95251

1700+ lbs

As I mentioned above, it was likely pretty close to 2000lbs. They could not find a scale big enough to weigh it until a day or so after it was caught. Found a cotton scale in Aynor, I believe. Lost alot of water weight by then.

That guy was a hard core fisherman...they were fishing for sharks using live skates as bait, and rowing the baits out like a quarter mile past the end of the pier.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

Emma tenywa

Elite
Oh I forgot to mention,...check out;
-phrontistery.info-
It's where I get these crazy looking grandiloquent words.
I originally got into learning these words especially to mess with a super-obnoxious-arrogant troll on another forum.
This particular troll makes Rube creeper & America1st seem like comical kittens.
Here, you don't have to worry much about trolls coz @Tjhall always got your back. He has that special ability of trolling the trollers

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Okay?
Why the unnecessary stultiloquence?
Is there any particular point as to why you didn't just post this "...reason why it's called a Great White."?
Just seems so damn weird you've chosen to post such highfalutin floccinaucinihilipilification flummadiddle.

FYI: Yes, these are real words.
I'll translate, if you like.
Crafty oratory skills....

Great Whites are the apex.

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
View attachment 95253
My great grandfather still holds the record for the largest great white ever caught by one man. Also, he was a WW2 vet. Got to hang out a lot before he passed and loved listening to his stories.https://thebradentontimes.com/sunday-favorites-shark-tale-p15752-133.htm

Awesome post, but unless I'm mistaken there has never been a great white over 20 feet ever recorded, let alone caught. Not sure what that Florida institute is talking about in that post. Even in the picture that shark doesn't look nearly 20 ft.
Ya, the linked Bradington Times article states 20 ft. It's been a long time, but my grandfather used to fish those sharks and sell their oil to the Pharmaceutical companies and other industries. My family has a lot of history fishing in the Gulf. There's always a lot of dispute of the size just due the the era and scales they used back then.

I'm not sure if you clicked the link, but it's a cool story about how he caught it on Christmas.

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Ya, the linked Bradington Times article states 20 ft. It's been a long time, but my grandfather used to fish those sharks and sell their oil to the Pharmaceutical companies and other industries. My family has a lot of history fishing in the Gulf. There's always a lot of dispute of the size just due the the era and scales they used back then.

I'm not sure if you clicked the link, but it's a cool story about how he caught it on Christmas.
You ruined that avatar with the gang colors

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
That really cracked me up mate, cheers.
Regarding your previous post, I'm possibly a little confused maybe,...which is actually a very common occurrence.😅
NZ, where I live, aka Mordor, there's no Crocs here aye, and it's a pretty decent swim -"across the ditch"- to Aussie.
View attachment 95127
I definitely can point out some choice beaches around NZ, like Golden Bay.
If y'all think Crocs are nasty, the Māori believe there's these mythical serpents called Taniwha lurking the waterways here.
Basically water dragons.
View attachment 95151View attachment 95153
Did ya'll know there used to be giant birds in NZ?
Check it out👇
View attachment 95152View attachment 95149View attachment 95150
Didn't those eagles recently go extinct? Like last 200 years or so?

Top Bottom