Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gout

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
They put King of the Hill back on Adult Swim starting at 8 and I look forward to it every night.

I’m sure I could find it on some streaming service, but it just seems more official catching it on cable

I swear I don't work for hulu, but they have King of the Hill, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, Archer...as a fan of adult themed cartoons, I spend alot of time there. Lol Plus it has one of the goats, Always Sunny.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Pretty sure I have fucking gout. How do you get rid of this shit? My foot is throbbing so bad right now I can't sleep.

You think you have gout, or you have gout? Quite possibly you do, but super easy for a doctor to test you so you know for sure, and they can prescribe something to help you out. Probably an urgent care can do that for you on a saturday morning.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Sorry about the gout that sucks. Can we seriously get a KotH discussion going. Bobby is probably my favorite person ever. Peggy also plays a really good villain
1639845020413.gif

Last edited:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

That sucks man. I have no first hand experience, but looking at it under the microscope, gout crystals look extremely painful.

uric-acid-crystals.jpg

TJHall1

Legendary
Ya, its the big toe/ball on my left foot. Its painful to even have a blanket laying on my foot. Read vinegar can help, so I'll chug some apple cider vinegar, and a ton of water.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Go to the doc. They will give you two shots. One for pain and one anti inflammatory then you will get some pills to take for five days.

It will not go away till you do, then you can manage with all the suggestions above. Doc can also prescribe a daily and then you don’t have to follow the advice above.

Worst pain I have ever had. Didn’t sleep for four days till I got the shots.

TJHall1

Legendary
Go to the doc. They will give you two shots. One for pain and one anti inflammatory then you will get some pills to take for five days.

It will not go away till you do, then you can manage with all the suggestions above. Doc can also prescribe a daily and then you don’t have to follow the advice above.

Worst pain I have ever had. Didn’t sleep for four days till I got the shots.
I dealt with it about 15 months ago for the first time ever. Same exact thing. Didnt go to the doc last time. We'll see this time.

noelnole

Elite
Founder
get a uric acid test to make sure but if its gout then you got it for life, wont go away

you can manage it with allopurinal for chronic gout and endomethacin for acute gout

over the counter gout out, celery seed and apple cider vinegar may help, if not the prescription meds above may be warranted

also try to determine what flares it up and decreased or exclude the intake of it

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I swear I don't work for hulu, but they have King of the Hill, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, Archer...as a fan of adult themed cartoons, I spend alot of time there. Lol Plus it has one of the goats, Always Sunny.
That might be my landing spot. All the shows you mentioned are the only shows I ever watch on TV. Rarely I’ll watch some recommended series, but mostly just watch one of those cartoons before bed

TJHall1

Legendary
get a uric acid test to make sure but if its gout then you got it for life, wont go away

you can manage it with allopurinal for chronic gout and endomethacin for acute gout

over the counter gout out, celery seed and apple cider vinegar may help, if not the prescription meds above may be warranted

also try to determine what flares it up and decreased or exclude the intake of it
I've read where people have just changed their diets and its been 5, 10, 15 years since they've had an attack. Something as simple as drinking a couple ounces of black cherry juice twice a week has made it disappear.

sbisteve

Elite
Founder
Pretty sure I have fucking gout. How do you get rid of this shit? My foot is throbbing so bad right now I can't sleep.
A quick relief I use is take two advil gel caps. Wait so many hours and take two more as recommended. They have to be gel caps. Nothing else seems to work. If you have let it get to flared up, you may need to go get a steroid shot and knock it out. I keep a bottle of gel caps with me all the time.

sbisteve

Elite
Founder
I was hunting in Texas several years ago and my gout flared from all the drinking. I ask where a local doctor office is because I needed to go get a steroid shot. One of the guides said I didn’t need a shot that I just needed to take advil gel caps. He had plenty and gave me some and knocked it out. I was blown away by it that it worked so good. So I keep them on me everywhere I go in case of a flare up.

TJHall1

Legendary
I was hunting in Texas several years ago and my gout flared from all the drinking. I ask where a local doctor office is because I needed to go get a steroid shot. One of the guides said I didn’t need a shot that I just needed to take advil gel caps. He had plenty and gave me some and knocked it out. I was blown away by it that it worked so good. So I keep them on me everywhere I go in case of a flare up.
Interesting, will have to look at that. I've read that celery seed extract and black cherry juice work, so gonna try that this afternoon.

sbisteve

Elite
Founder
The black cherry pills over time will help long term if taking daily. Black cherry juice is good. If you ever start to fill the attack coming take gel caps and it will turn it. Most of the time gout gives us a little warning when it starts to flare. Ever since I started using gel caps during a flare, I’ve not been to the doctor in years for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom