Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Got an interview with Philip Rivers on Tuesday

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
Best of luck dude
Thanks man, I’m kinda nervous. I played football from the age of 9 till I was a senior in hs. Had a few small college opportunities but ultimately chose the Army after 9/11. My only experience coaching was my boy’s flag team this past fall. I wouldn’t call myself an Xs and Os kinda guy. There’s def gonna be a learning curve.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Thanks man, I’m kinda nervous. I played football from the age of 9 till I was a senior in hs. Had a few small college opportunities but ultimately chose the Army after 9/11. My only experience coaching was my boy’s flag team this past fall. I wouldn’t call myself an Xs and Os kinda guy. There’s def gonna be a learning curve.
You going after coaching a specific position? Gonna study up on some fundamentals?

catreaper

Master Baiter
Ask him to do the interview in the shower. Stare at his junk and lick your lips. Make him promise you the position before you actually touch it though.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Wish St Michael's was built when my kid went to HS, had to send her to a non demoninational one and was not happy with the school.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
tenor.gif

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Wear late 80's/early 90's Bike coaching shorts and put your hand in the front and bend over forward in the traditional coaching stance throughout the entire interview. Water tight fool proof way to get the job. Put a can of snuff in the back pocket for max dollar amount on the offer.

Nas

Poster
No matter how much the game changes the fundamentals stay the same.

Always liked Rivers. One of the best trash talkers and he was clean. Still remember him and TA McClendon taking the eventual national champion buckeyes to the wire.

Tide In The ATL

Poster
Founder
My high school (Grissom) played Athens when Rivers was a senior there. They absolutely stomped us like 48-0.
He seems like a pretty cool dude so I’m sure that interview will be fun.

Spc311

Poster
Just make sure you convey that it's all about the kids. And don't kiss his ass or ask him any questions about his playing; he's there to still be part of the sport.

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
Just make sure you convey that it's all about the kids. And don't kiss his ass or ask him any questions about his playing; he's there to still be part of the sport.
Thanks man, this is what I was looking for.

I’ve got more fire fights than I can put a number on, and a bronze star for valor to go on top. But I’m nervous af bro.

Q

Spc311

Poster
Thanks man, this is what I was looking for.

I’ve got more fire fights than I can put a number on, and a bronze star for valor to go on top. But I’m nervous af bro.

Q
Is this a paid position or a volunteer role?

I coach, and any volunteer that shows up is welcome with open arms assuming they're not a meth head. If it's a paid position then, again, convey the importance of wanting to help the kids and try to be proactive in showing interest for the vision of the program and what you can soecifically do to help his vision.

WARfn3AGLE

Elite
Rivers is now the head coach at our local Catholic high school and I’ve got an interview with him to be an assistant on Tuesday! Hopefully you can start calling me Coach Chris Farley. Wish me luck e-bros!
BA! Hope it goes well!

Last edited:
Top Bottom