Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Got a new cc, can you beat it?

scanodd

Poster
Founder
I rarely carry anymore but when I do it's my HKP7 or sometimes a Kahr K40. The HK was the first pistol I ever bought about 1979-80. So many nice guns out there. I've always lusted after a Bren 10 and/or a Smith 610. BTW, I like your new toy.
1616896477401.png

Mmal7777

Elite
Founder
to late, fell overboard 3 hours after I got it.... also I really like the belt clip, lets you CC inside your wait band without a bulky holster.
Lake Martin I’m guessing? seems to be a lot of them down there.

Damn. That seems to be happening a lot lately. Well like they say “life’s a bitch and then you marry one”

Mmal7777

Elite
Founder

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Lol @ the Glock haters. I'm no Glock fanboy, but their guns are very good. They are plenty accurate for a combat pistol, and extremely reliable. Certainly not on par with Taurus, unless the newest Taurus pistols have improved to Glock's level.

I will say though that their insane market share is due in large part to their marketing strategy, especially with law enforcement. No denying that. Now Glock is definitely a step behind on ergonomics and capacity...maybe 2 steps behind.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
Lol @ the Glock haters. I'm no Glock fanboy, but their guns are very good. They are plenty accurate for a combat pistol, and extremely reliable. Certainly not on par with Taurus, unless the newest Taurus pistols have improved to Glock's level.

I will say though that their insane market share is due in large part to their marketing strategy, especially with law enforcement. No denying that. Now Glock is definitely a step behind on ergonomics and capacity...maybe 2 steps behind.
I agree. I had a Gen 5 G19 with Ameri-glo sights. Got it from a blue label connection. Thought I loved it until I shot a CZ-75. Better grip for me personally. I now have a CZ P-10C as well, which is a poly frame like the G19. Love it because of the grip. Personal taste.

Last edited:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I agree. I had a Gen 5 G19 with Ameri-glo sights. Got it from a blue label connection. Thought I loved it until I shot a CZ-75. Better grip for me personally. I now have a CZ P-10C as well, which is a poly frame like the G19. Love it because of the grip. Personal taste.

I feel like everyone I've ever talked to who has handled any model CZ, has said it fits their hand like a glove. Glock and others should take note of CZ's ergonomics...but Glock will not, and will continue to rest on their 30+ year old laurels, while their competition continues to move forward.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
I feel like everyone I've ever talked to who has handled any model CZ, has said it fits their hand like a glove. Glock and others should take note of CZ's ergonomics...but Glock will not, and will continue to rest on their 30+ year old laurels, while their competition continues to move forward.
Agreed. The Glock continues to think a 2x4 is the right design for a grip. Great guns - always work, but shitty ergonomics. I am glad CZ is a bit of a mystery.

Icculus

Poster

Not a hater, I want to like them because of the price range but I’ve just never shot one I liked or felt good in my hand (weight is off and grip sucks). They just feel cheap IMO, hence my Taurus comment. All of my SIGs fit like a glove and are weighted perfectly.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Not a hater, I want to like them because of the price range but I’ve just never shot one I liked or felt good in my hand (weight is off and grip sucks). They just feel cheap IMO, hence my Taurus comment. All of my SIGs fit like a glove and are weighted perfectly.

Fair enough, but they are definitely a notch or two above Taurus. Definitely a notch or two below Sig too, though. I agree their grips suck. Maybe in 1986 they were good enough, because their capacity and/or reliability were such an improvement over the guns they were replacing that no one cared about the grips...almost every gun I pick up that is made these days feels better than a Glock.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Fair enough, but they are definitely a notch or two above Taurus. Definitely a notch or two below Sig too, though. I agree their grips suck. Maybe in 1986 they were good enough, because their capacity and/or reliability were such an improvement over the guns they were replacing that no one cared about the grips...almost every gun I pick up that is made these days feels better than a Glock.
Yeah them partnering with LEA really put them on the map, low cost, reliable and easy to break down and clean made them top notch in the 90's-2000's.... They just stopped all innovation it seems like. Same gun now that they had 20 years ago almost.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Yeah them partnering with LEA really put them on the map, low cost, reliable and easy to break down and clean made them top notch in the 90's-2000's.... They just stopped all innovation it seems like. Same gun now that they had 20 years ago almost.

It was a genius move. The guns were as reliable as a semi-auto had ever been, and had very high capacity. Easy sell to the LE market if the price was right. So they sold them for next to nothing, taking the old S&Ws, or whatever on trade and reselling those on the secondary market. This was all profitable enough on its own, but when nearly every LEA across the country was carrying Glocks, naturally the civilian market would follow. Private citizens want the same things in a gun that a cop does, for the most part.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
It was a genius move. The guns were as reliable as a semi-auto had ever been, and had very high capacity. Easy sell to the LE market if the price was right. So they sold them for next to nothing, taking the old S&Ws, or whatever on trade and reselling those on the secondary market. This was all profitable enough on its own, but when nearly every LEA across the country was carrying Glocks, naturally the civilian market would follow. Private citizens want the same things in a gun that a cop does, for the most part.
This was my first sig and won't be my last. Have always been a fan of ruger in the past as a low cost reliable made in usa brand. Can definitely tell where the extra money goes with sig though.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
This was my first sig and won't be my last. Have always been a fan of ruger in the past as a low cost reliable made in usa brand. Can definitely tell where the extra money goes with sig though.

Love my GP100, 10/22 and Ruger MKIV. I feel like this is where Ruger shines- revolvers & rimfires. Itching for a Sig 365, which would be my first Sig, but have a few more responsible things to take care of before I buy another gun. The P210 is another I'd like to have, even if an American model.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Love my GP100, 10/22 and Ruger MKIV. I feel like this is where Ruger shines- revolvers & rimfires. Itching for a Sig 365, which would be my first Sig, but have a few more responsible things to take care of before I buy another gun. The P210 is another I'd like to have, even if an American model.

I have a P95 (full size 9mm) I really like and an LCP-LM 380 that is a great pocket pistol. Looks like a cellphone in your pocket. low capacity and 380 but great pistol to stick in your pocket and not be noticeable if you have to tuck your shirt.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I had a ruger 45 that i liked. Im working on getting guns back.
What is best for shooting a hawg or something like that. I four wheel some and there's nothing worse than being knee deep in s hit and seeing a monster coming at ya.
I also need a rat shot gun but palmetto armory has a 22 for less than 200. I just need to grab some

Top Bottom