Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Got a new cc, can you beat it?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I had a ruger 45 that i liked. Im working on getting guns back.
What is best for shooting a hawg or something like that. I four wheel some and there's nothing worse than being knee deep in s hit and seeing a monster coming at ya.
I also need a rat shot gun but palmetto armory has a 22 for less than 200. I just need to grab some
My favorite gun for trekking in the woods is my judge, good for snakes or small to medium animals and aiming is optional. I alternate buck shot with these. Easy to kill snakes too, also doubles a my night stand piece...

393924.jpg

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
My favorite gun for trekking in the woods is my judge, good for snakes or small to medium animals and aiming is optional. I alternate buck shot with these. Easy to kill snakes too, also doubles a my night stand piece...

View attachment 12836

I don't know how you can shoot those loads. They kick worse than a 44 magnum from an N frame IMO, just brutal.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I had a ruger 45 that i liked. Im working on getting guns back.
What is best for shooting a hawg or something like that. I four wheel some and there's nothing worse than being knee deep in s hit and seeing a monster coming at ya.
I also need a rat shot gun but palmetto armory has a 22 for less than 200. I just need to grab some

Would be hard to beat a 10mm Glock for hogs. Loaded with hard cast ammo from Underwood or Buffalo Bore, and it would easily get the job done. Or any number of .357 and up revolvers, if you want a wheelgun. For rats, have you ever tried CCI shotshells? They make em in about every caliber, but like everything else are hard to find right now.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
So I went with the Glock 43x. My outdoor range is closed on Tuesdays, but they left the gate open...so I went back and ran a few rounds thru it.

I'm a fan.

Full disclosure...if they would have had a Sig, I probably would have went that route. But after shooting it I'm not disappointed at all.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
So I went with the Glock 43x. My outdoor range is closed on Tuesdays, but they left the gate open...so I went back and ran a few rounds thru it.

I'm a fan.

Full disclosure...if they would have had a Sig, I probably would have went that route. But after shooting it I'm not disappointed at all.

Glock is not a bad option, especially as a starting off point. Very reliable and not a lot of kick. Grats, on a side note I took mine out last night and was not very good at using the reflective dot sight.... That thing is going to take some practice.
1617144069196.png

Last edited:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Glock is not a bad option, especially as a starting off point. Very reliable and not a lot of kick. Grats, on a side note I took mine out last night and was not very good at using the reflective dot sight.... That thing is going to take some practice.
View attachment 12985

How do you like the clip holster, or whatever you call it on the right side of your gun? Have always been interested in those, but never tried one.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
How do you like the clip holster, or whatever you call it on the right side of your gun? Have always been interested in those, but never tried one.
Absolutely love it, easy access and it is almost unnoticeable with an untucked shirt. Even tucked it is hard to see, only 2-3" of handle is visible and easy to access. Used to use an ankle holster but takes to long to access IMO. Not bulky like the IWB holsters either.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Absolutely love it, easy access and it is almost unnoticeable with an untucked shirt. Even tucked it is hard to see, only 2-3" of handle is visible and easy to access. Used to use an ankle holster but takes to long to access IMO. Not bulky like the IWB holsters either.

Have thought about trying one on my J frame. Only problem is I pocket carry it alot & love my Milt Sparks holster, which won't fit with the clip. Don't want to take the sideplate screws in & out alot. Hmm...I think the obvious solution here is to purchase a second J frame🤔😅

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Have thought about trying one on my J frame. Only problem is I pocket carry it alot & love my Milt Sparks holster, which won't fit with the clip. Don't want to take the sideplate screws in & out alot. Hmm...I think the obvious solution here is to purchase a second J frame🤔😅

Actually it is pretty good for pocket carry if you have an untucked shirt, keeps it from dropping to the bottom of you pocket.

Just ordered 500 rounds from here for $268. Almost half of what the local shops are asking, $40 for a 50 ct box here right now. First time ordering online so hope I didn't get took

www.ammoseek.com

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Actually it is pretty good for pocket carry if you have an untucked shirt, keeps it from dropping to the bottom of you pocket.

Just ordered 500 rounds from here for $268. Almost half of what the local shops are asking, $40 for a 50 ct box here right now. First time ordering online so hope I didn't get took

www.ammoseek.com

Didn't think about the clip in my pocket with a untucked shirt. Although most of my shirts aren't long because I am 6'4" and thin. Where did you buy the ammo from? Ammoseek is very reputable, but don't they aggregate info from other sites & you buy from wherever? Sound like a great price, what caliber?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Didn't think about the clip in my pocket with a untucked shirt. Although most of my shirts aren't long because I am 6'4" and thin. Where did you buy the ammo from? Ammoseek is very reputable, but don't they aggregate info from other sites & you buy from wherever? Sound like a great price, what caliber?
Yeah I got them from www.sharkcoasttactical.com they are steel not brass primer but I was getting them for range use not to carry around in the mag all the time. 9mm Luger, already out of stock though

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Yeah I got them from www.sharkcoasttactical.com they are steel jacket not brass but I was getting them for range use not to carry around in the mag all the time. 9mm Luger

That website sounds very familiar. Think I read about them when everyone was desperately looking for any ammo they could find last fall...everyone still is, sadly. I remember they had stock when no one else did, but I do not remember their reputation. Let us know if it gets shipped in a timely manner.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
That website sounds very familiar. Think I read about them when everyone was desperately looking for any ammo they could find last fall...everyone still is, sadly. I remember they had stock when no one else did, but I do not remember their reputation. Let us know if it gets shipped in a timely manner.

Used my Amex so I could dispute the charges just in case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom