Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gas station food. anyone else have a weakness for this

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Do you know why they are poboy's?
This is as good an explanation as I have seen

A po' boy (also po-boy, po boy, or poor boy) is a traditional sandwich from Louisiana. It almost always consists of meat, usually roast beef, or fried seafood (shrimp, oysters, crawfish or fish). Served on baguette-like New Orleans French bread, known for its crisp crust and fluffy center. Po-boys come dressed with mayo, lettuce, tomato & pickle.

A submarine sandwich, also known as a sub, wedge, hoagie, hero, grinder, baguette, or one of many regional naming variations, is a sandwich that consists of a long roll of Italian or French bread, split widthwise either into two pieces or opened in a "V" on one side, and filled with a variety of meats, cheeses, vegetables, seasonings, and sauces.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
This is as good an explanation as I have seen

A po' boy (also po-boy, po boy, or poor boy) is a traditional sandwich from Louisiana. It almost always consists of meat, usually roast beef, or fried seafood (shrimp, oysters, crawfish or fish). Served on baguette-like New Orleans French bread, known for its crisp crust and fluffy center. Po-boys come dressed with mayo, lettuce, tomato & pickle.

A submarine sandwich, also known as a sub, wedge, hoagie, hero, grinder, baguette, or one of many regional naming variations, is a sandwich that consists of a long roll of Italian or French bread, split widthwise either into two pieces or opened in a "V" on one side, and filled with a variety of meats, cheeses, vegetables, seasonings, and sauces.
That's the description of it. the reason why they are called poboys is because there was a labor strike in Louisiana and 2 brothers made a business of feeding the poor(they were shrimpers). They would take extra shrimp from their catch and would walk around and find the people looking for something to eat(strikers) and say " here comes a poor boy" and feed them.
That is a very simple explanation but that's the best I can do on phone.

Last edited:

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
That's the description of it. the reason why they are called poboys is because there was a labor strike in Louisiana and 2 brothers made a business of feeding the poor(they were shrimpers). They would take extra shrimp from their and would walk around and find the people looking for something to eat(strikers) and say " here comes a poor boy" and feed them
themoreyouknow-more.gif

TJHall1

Legendary
Holy hell, I worked up I40 from there and got my road beer there frequently.

Talk about a shit hole side of town. Even the church's have guard dogs.

What were you doing in that part of the world.
It was only 2 miles off i-35 and was told their gyros were awesome so stopped quite frequently for that and beer. And I liked the mooslims who worked their. But yes, people from the apartments across the street would try to rob them frequently. Shit hole was an understatement.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Just don't get one in Snyder on your way to Lubbock. It's about 80 miles before the next gas station and rattlesnakes in the bushes on the roadside.

Man, I love the Snyder, lamesa, Stamford Area. If I ever leave oklahoma that is where I will go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom