Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FAA Warns Latest 5G Roll Out Could Cause Airplanes to Crash

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
If this is even true, there is no way they didn't know this would be an issue beforehand. Those frequencies are heavily regulated by the feds, and if the frequencies are so close they could cause problems there is zero chance this was not known until now...what that means, I have no idea.
So here I tried to color on this to show better.

This is just a broad example of how this might happen:

In the plot below the y-axis is power and the x-axis is frequency

The altimeter is not going to have any bandwidth, it’s a single frequency, so it will be a signal line. I drew the green line to represent an altimeter frequency.

5G has bandwidth, you will even hear them talk about it in the commercials. The red line represents the band that the 5G would cover. Even though the claimed bandwidth is only from f1 to f2, the signal still has power outside the band (the tapering red line to the left of f1 and right of f2)

So even though the altimeter frequency is outside the 5G bandwidth, it is still partially covered up by some of the taper from the broadband 5G transmission

C0956744-2FCC-49D6-9E66-3AB6925EBD2D.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom