Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Explain Whataburger to me

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I usually like Whataburger. Yesterday, I went and ordered the chili cheeseburger. It was not good. The chili had no taste -- Sonic's is much better. They put frito's on it along with mustard which is only good on corny dogs and hot dogs.

I won't be ordering it again.

Braum's screwed the pooch the other day too. Braum's burgers are good and they have crinkle fries. Their fall special is a jalapeno double cheeseburger. It comes with fries and a choice of drink, yogurt or shake. I ordered it and the clerk wanted to charge me for the shake as an upgrade. I pointed to the poster ad which said I got a choice and a shake was part of the choices. The clerk said, "Oh, that's only advertising." Duh. She wouldn't budge. Haven't been back since and I used to buy a lot of stuff from them.

Timothy

Elite
As a guy that grew up on Whataburgers in Dallas, I can say without doubt that they used to be the best in the genre.

Today, not even close. And it is not because the competition got better.

It amazes me the level to which nostalgia influences what people believe and say decades later.

We had no White Castles in Dallas when I was a kid, and based upon the nostalgia, I was convinced I was missing out on something great.

when I finally found one, I immediately stopped to sample one of the worst burgers ever.

Last edited:

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Tbh now that I’m gettin little older and have destroyed my body, a meal like that at night creates a hangover itself.
Most mornings I have to run to the bathroom to explode my asshole just cuz I had a pbj after 10pm. Life’s not fair
Starting to happen to me. At least it’s a good reason to keep from eating junk all night

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
As a guy that grew up on Whataburgers in Dallas, I can say without doubt that they used to be the best in the genre.

Today, not even close. And it is not because the competition got better.

It amazes me the level to which nostalgia influences what people believe and say decades later.

We had no White Castles in Dallas when I was a kid, and based upon the nostalgia, I was convinced I was missing out on something great.

when I finally found one, I immediately stopped to sample one of the worst burgers ever.
I think there was a White Castle on Garland Rd. Basically a poor man's bare bones slider.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Can't do the spicy ketchup. It doesn't taste good spice or not. Found bottles of the regular on sale and got several. Plus the pepper sauce and honey mustard sauce. Pepper sauce, butter and cheese on a baked potato is very good.

Top Bottom