Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Elon Musk asks 'is a new platform needed?' after Twitter free speech criticism

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

Musk's 79.1 million followers immediately called on him to either buy Twitter himself or build a new platform.​

Seeing Twitter destroy or purchased by MUSK would be a dream come true. Agreed?

Wait What

Elite
Founder

Musk's 79.1 million followers immediately called on him to either buy Twitter himself or build a new platform.​

Seeing Twitter destroy or purchased by MUSK would be a dream come true. Agreed?
Fuckin' A Bubba.

Ponder

Poster
I don't agree or disagree but I don't see it happening for the following reasons:

Totally get the vibe for it. Although I am ignorant of the mainstream feed [including twitter], I've been objectively watching Elon for some time now as I follow the space program with technical interests and ethical concerns.

Whilst it may be a very appealing idea Elon buying out Twitter, what I have read and seen is that Elon has stated as seen in Elon News, that his main projects will be delayed due to increased activity and dealings with the US military including the newly devolved Space Force. Other reports indicate that if the US get involved anymore than they already are, that the result in re 'escalations' will see the US dollar drop across the world. It seems to be a very real issue with financial news and the impact on Elon would mean this may not be the time for him to be spending outside of his main interests which a quite huge and for him - apparently very pressing.

The concept in question here makes for great headlines - but the financial aspect as above and even Elon's propensity to play along with contaversy makes it hard to rely on his own tweets. This is well known in space news.

Other than the constraints re financial aspects is the ethical question which I am sure he has to factor in too. What role does he want to play? Although he is not a politician (some say he wants to be and or others wish it be - I think more that latter ... he is simply too busy) Think in terms of a president owning a social media platform - OR - a Main Stream News Outlet owning Facebook - which many think may as well be the case.

Whilst those examples may not fit - (I know they don't) it does show the ethical issue Elon would have to consider in terms of where he want's to go in the future. Additionally how he wishes to sell himself later down the track with AI in mind may make this proposal not the best move for him.

Of course I don't know but based on what I have been watching regarding Elon (that being the only interesting thing in terms of news for me) is that I don't think he'll buy out Twitter, but he will milk the headlines.

Whether I agree or not, that is a sure bet for me.

Wait What

Elite
Founder
What would be awesome is if he bought it and then turned it off. World would be so much better.
giphy.gif

Wait What

Elite
Founder
I don't agree or disagree but I don't see it happening for the following reasons:

Totally get the vibe for it. Although I am ignorant of the mainstream feed [including twitter], I've been objectively watching Elon for some time now as I follow the space program with technical interests and ethical concerns.

Whilst it may be a very appealing idea Elon buying out Twitter, what I have read and seen is that Elon has stated as seen in Elon News, that his main projects will be delayed due to increased activity and dealings with the US military including the newly devolved Space Force. Other reports indicate that if the US get involved anymore than they already are, that the result in re 'escalations' will see the US dollar drop across the world. It seems to be a very real issue with financial news and the impact on Elon would mean this may not be the time for him to be spending outside of his main interests which a quite huge and for him - apparently very pressing.

The concept in question here makes for great headlines - but the financial aspect as above and even Elon's propensity to play along with contaversy makes it hard to rely on his own tweets. This is well known in space news.

Other than the constraints re financial aspects is the ethical question which I am sure he has to factor in too. What role does he want to play? Although he is not a politician (some say he wants to be and or others wish it be - I think more that latter ... he is simply too busy) Think in terms of a president owning a social media platform - OR - a Main Stream News Outlet owning Facebook - which many think may as well be the case.

Whilst those examples may not fit - (I know they don't) it does show the ethical issue Elon would have to consider in terms of where he want's to go in the future. Additionally how he wishes to sell himself later down the track with AI in mind may make this proposal not the best move for him.

Of course I don't know but based on what I have been watching regarding Elon (that being the only interesting thing in terms of news for me) is that I don't think he'll buy out Twitter, but he will milk the headlines.

Whether I agree or not, that is a sure bet for me.
That's a lot to ponder.

Top Bottom