Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Electricians

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder
The TS came through last night and knocked out power in part of (my part) our neighborhood. Said we won’t get power back till Thursday but I drive around 3 neighboring towns and everywhere else is up and running.

Are power grids normally separated in developments. Seems odd that a chunk of us lost power while majority of neighborhoods are good

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Not an electrician, however, what you described is not that uncommon around here.
Often times the old neighborhoods have telephone poles while the new neighborhoods have buried lines. The buried lines it seems to stay on longer

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
The TS came through last night and knocked out power in part of (my part) our neighborhood. Said we won’t get power back till Thursday but I drive around 3 neighboring towns and everywhere else is up and running.

Are power grids normally separated in developments. Seems odd that a chunk of us lost power while majority of neighborhoods are good
It could be specific transformers down. We dont make any transformers in the US anymore. They come almost exclusively from Europe. If they are as bad as us with people not wanting to work then there may just be a huge shortage on transformers that normally are stocked by the dozens by different elec co's.

Get ready for all this type of shit to get worse with woke assholes running the world right now. 80000 ford trucks at our local ford plant are parked around the state because they can't get chips for a couple of the electric systems on the new vehicles.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
It could be specific transformers down. We dont make any transformers in the US anymore. They come almost exclusively from Europe. If they are as bad as us with people not wanting to work then there may just be a huge shortage on transformers that normally are stocked by the dozens by different elec co's.

Get ready for all this type of shit to get worse with woke assholes running the world right now. 80000 ford trucks at our local ford plant are parked around the state because they can't get chips for a couple of the electric systems on the new vehicles.
A good friend of mine who owns 7 dealerships says it's the best year he's ever had in the used car business in 30 years. New car business is shit because of the chip situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom