Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Edibles for a newb

RaiderRedTTU

Poster
Traveling to Cali next week and want to pick up some edibles for me and the wife. We don’t smoke, only drink.

Open to advice and suggestions on where to look/what to look for, etc.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
If you don’t smoke much stick with something around 10mg. You will find that there are all kinds of choices. Gummies, breath mints, chocolates, rice crispies etc.

Everything from 5mg up to 50mg I have seen. Takes anywhere from 20min to an hour or two to kick in. I usually like to enjoy mine with a drink or two.

Cali is nice, no limits on how much you can buy, so have at it.

I wish I would have read a thread like this before I tried edibles for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I don’t smoke and had never tried any form of the stuff. I ate a 20mg gummy. It took 90 minutes to kick in. But when it did, I was useless. Extremely sleepy but with the slight spins. I didn’t enjoy the experience at all. I woke up the next morning and was still tired and foggy. Taking 20mg was a big mistake.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
Traveling to Cali next week and want to pick up some edibles for me and the wife. We don’t smoke, only drink.

Open to advice and suggestions on where to look/what to look for, etc.

Edibles are known to be weaker & not last long. Good ones will be fast acting. If you don’t feel anything within 10 minutes of ingestion double up on another. If still noting after 20 minutes eat some more.

Gump_Tiger

Poster
I wish I would have read a thread like this before I tried edibles for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I don’t smoke and had never tried any form of the stuff. I ate a 20mg gummy. It took 90 minutes to kick in. But when it did, I was useless. Extremely sleepy but with the slight spins. I didn’t enjoy the experience at all. I woke up the next morning and was still tired and foggy. Taking 20mg was a big mistake.
LOL I’m taking around 100mg a day these days

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
If you don’t smoke much stick with something around 10mg. You will find that there are all kinds of choices. Gummies, breath mints, chocolates, rice crispies etc.

Everything from 5mg up to 50mg I have seen. Takes anywhere from 20min to an hour or two to kick in. I usually like to enjoy mine with a drink or two.

Cali is nice, no limits on how much you can buy, so have at it.
I have smoked weed and hash (not in a long time) and find the idea of an edible weird. Only because of the lag time to get high. Smoking is immediately. Like smoke a quick one and drift off to bed

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Get 10mg gummies and start with half. They’ll take 45min to an hour to kick in so don’t eat more 20min in thinking you didn’t eat enough

This is the exactly correct advice. They also might take 1.5 hours to kick in, so just take 1/3-1/2 the first time regardless.

I have also found that contrary to what you would think, they work better if you have some food in you as opposed to an empty stomach.

Cards1968

Founder
This is the exactly correct advice. They also might take 1.5 hours to kick in, so just take 1/3-1/2 the first time regardless.

I have also found that contrary to what you would think, they work better if you have some food in you as opposed to an empty stomach.
I always eat well before a smoke or edible, wait 30 min then ingest. Acting on munchies kills the peak high IMO, unless chocolate which can actually enhance the peak.

Cards1968

Founder
You might want to vape if you haven't been turned off by cannabis altogether. Much easier to dose and much less 'hangover' issues.

TigerDentGuy

Poster
Founder
I've got some 400mg nerd ropes. I don't recommend taking a whole one. You'll be comatose for a week probably. I usually take about 40-50mg for sleep. 75-100mg if trying to get chill out and tv high.
That's basically with any gummy or edible.

CJB1950

Elite
Founder
Serious answer - if you've never smoked weed before - start with 5mg and give yourself an hour. If you enjoy it, leave it alone. Next time take 10mg and so on. It's quite easy to build up a tolerance if you partake quite a bit, but you'll be safe with small doses unless you really get into edibles. In other words ease into it or you'll most likely hate it like @joethegamecock

Serious answer - if you've never smoked weed before - start with 5mg and give yourself an hour. If you enjoy it, leave it alone. Next time take 10mg and so on. It's quite easy to build up a tolerance if you partake quite a bit, but you'll be safe with small doses unless you really get into edibles. In other words ease into it or you'll most likely hate it like @joethegamecock

I tried dropping all the way down to 5mg and it made me feel relaxed and tired. In my short experience with edibles, it feels like a valium experience. I certainly don't feel an energetic buzz with it. I like the way an alcohol buzz makes me feel. At first, at least, I feel energized and happy. But I don't like what it does to the liver and I don't like the hangover feeling if I drink too much. I am pretty good about not drinking too much. I was hoping to enjoy the tpc buzz, but that hasn't been my experience so far. It is relaxing. I will admit that. It is something that I can take if I want to get to sleep quickly.

Top Bottom