Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you love your job?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I'm a Computer Engineer. It pays really well, I have pretty awesome work hours, and I'm really good at it. I like it well enough. I mean, it's not testing out sluts for a brothel or anything, but I don't have many complaints.
This, work as a systems engineer for an outsouce IT firm. Make my own schedule, don't answer to anyone (other than clients) or have to rely on others except the occasional project. Always something new to learn and the pay is killer and do not need a shit load of school for it. Not a lot of jobs an Associates degree will pay a 6 figure salary.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I love it sometimes.

I was a applied industrial research and development engineer. I was killer at that job, one of the best in my field.

However, I left for a civil engineer firm where I got an important position. I do miss R&D.

I help rural communities with their infrastructure which is important and I am proud to do it.

However, when I was R&D I would do the work on my own time also because I enjoyed it so much.

BigBucnNole

Elite
I enjoy my job. I do Econ Consulting and policy advocacy. I’m not a lobbyist per se, but we basically take anything from a private business expansion to new policy ideas and tie numbers to them to either get county commissioners to help fund said projects or legislators to vote on said polices.

The work itself is always changing with different markets and polices to learn and the marketing itself is a lot of drinking clubs playing in political circles, chambers of commerce, and economic development councils.

I really enjoy it and we affect millions of lives when doing it. Plus it’s fun to see you mentioned in news papers or quoted by politicians. And you get to meet a lot of powerful people.

I make my own hours which is fun, but when it’s work time the time sink and pressure of cranking out the product at a high quality is pretty stressful. Incredibly stressful because if I fuck up the community is so small it could kill future projects.

poke2001

Poster
Founder
I just started a new role in January that is completely different than anything I’ve ever done. Now, one of our divisions just got a new president and he called me yesterday saying he wants me back in his division and not in sales and has given me 3 choices of positions to take. 1 is similar to what I’ve done prior to this recent change, one is a temporary project that will last 1 year and one is leading an organization in a location I have no desire to move. So...I don’t know what the fuck I’m doing now and seems like I might need to decide on something new, or just ride out the new gig and see what it’s about.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I enjoy my job. I do Econ Consulting and policy advocacy. I’m not a lobbyist per se, but we basically take anything from a private business expansion to new policy ideas and tie numbers to them to either get county commissioners to help fund said projects or legislators to vote on said polices.

The work itself is always changing with different markets and polices to learn and the marketing itself is a lot of drinking clubs playing in political circles, chambers of commerce, and economic development councils.

I really enjoy it and we affect millions of lives when doing it. Plus it’s fun to see you mentioned in news papers or quoted by politicians. And you get to meet a lot of powerful people.

I make my own hours which is fun, but when it’s work time the time sink and pressure of cranking out the product at a high quality is pretty stressful. Incredibly stressful because if I fuck up the community is so small it could kill future projects.
I wanted to do exactly that when i was in college. Opening the shop changed my life trajectory significantly.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I just started a new role in January that is completely different than anything I’ve ever done. Now, one of our divisions just got a new president and he called me yesterday saying he wants me back in his division and not in sales and has given me 3 choices of positions to take. 1 is similar to what I’ve done prior to this recent change, one is a temporary project that will last 1 year and one is leading an organization in a location I have no desire to move. So...I don’t know what the fuck I’m doing now and seems like I might need to decide on something new, or just ride out the new gig and see what it’s about.
Where if i can ask?

Take the yr deal and evaluate you choices
Or
Fuck your boss's wife
Or go back to original.
I will say moving is almost like a cleansing. It makes for an entirely new set of circumstances. Either way goodluck

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Sweet Jesus......Im in Atlanta SO how do I pick the pimps from the standard criminals in ATL.

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder
Do you do drone strikes?
Yeah occasionally but I hate that part too. We carry the AGM-114 Hellfire and a couple variants of guided 500 lb bombs. (GBU-12, GBU-38). I hate how we have evolved tactics so much to rely on this to take out a target. Some of the team guys from certain units that I’ve talked to have been frustrated for years. Our brass no matter who is at the helm is too afraid to lose men. Someone in JSOC said it best. What is the point of owning a Ferrari if you never drive it. One of my shots made it on YouTube. Had 5 brand new ISIS recruits that were on their way to wherever they were going to join. They didn’t make it. Best part was the truck kept going for a few miles cause the driver’s foot was stuck on gas pedal and after hitting bumps his leg started to lose its grip.

Only time I’ve enjoyed this drone shit was in 2016, 2017 when the hunt for ISIS was hot and heavy. Everyone was shooting. There were multiple weeks where I got more than one shot that week. Some other guys shot every damn day on their shift.

1617917539179.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

4n6tox

Poster
Thank you for your service.
Yeah occasionally but I hate that part too. We carry the AGM-114 Hellfire and a couple variants of guided 500 lb bombs. (GBU-12, GBU-38). I hate how we have evolved tactics so much to rely on this to take out a target. Some of the team guys from certain units that I’ve talked to have been frustrated for years. Our brass no matter who is at the helm is too afraid to lose men. Someone in JSOC said it best. What is the point of owning a Ferrari if you never drive it. One of my shots made it on YouTube. Had 5 brand new ISIS recruits that were on their way to wherever they were going to join. They didn’t make it. Best part was the truck kept going for a few miles cause the driver’s foot was stuck on gas pedal and after hitting bumps his leg started to lose its grip.

Only time I’ve enjoyed this drone shit was in 2016, 2017 when the hunt for ISIS was hot and heavy. Everyone was shooting. There were multiple weeks where I got more than one shot that week. Some other guys shot every damn day on their shift.

Thank you for your service and for what you do.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder

That was bad ass.

It took me almost 45 years to find my groove. I love my current job, and will love it more in a few months when I'm co-owner. I have HUGE, BIG plans to expand, and can't wait to get that ball rolling.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Being a full time meme jihadist on The Free Speech Forum is any frog loving patriot's dream.

It's a shame The Free Speech Forum wasn't a thing sooner IYAM.

Last edited:

poke2001

Poster
Founder
Where if i can ask?

Take the yr deal and evaluate you choices
Or
Fuck your boss's wife
Or go back to original.
I will say moving is almost like a cleansing. It makes for an entirely new set of circumstances. Either way goodluck
So...the where is where I used to be, and worked for 15 years. I moved away and commuted for a couple of years until Covid and was able to parlay that into 2 different positions over the past year. The current one, started 3 months ago was the first time I really stepped outside of my comfort zone. Still like the idea behind it, but not sure the company believes in it...and this president told me basically that. So, the offer is to go back but run the entire plant. But I told him I had huge reservations on that...

The temporary one is something that would be somewhat of a big deal for this new business (joint venture) in setting up back office systems. I’m leaning that way right now but have a call next week with 2 of the directors that are both going to sell me on which way I should go.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
So...the where is where I used to be, and worked for 15 years. I moved away and commuted for a couple of years until Covid and was able to parlay that into 2 different positions over the past year. The current one, started 3 months ago was the first time I really stepped outside of my comfort zone. Still like the idea behind it, but not sure the company believes in it...and this president told me basically that. So, the offer is to go back but run the entire plant. But I told him I had huge reservations on that...

The temporary one is something that would be somewhat of a big deal for this new business (joint venture) in setting up back office systems. I’m leaning that way right now but have a call next week with 2 of the directors that are both going to sell me on which way I should go.
Go new and big IMHO but I don't know shit

Tigercub80

Poster
I do enjoy my work. I’ve been selling Laboratoty equipment, mostly PCR for 15 years. It’s stressful at times, but also very rewarding. Met a bunch of great people along the way.

Top Bottom