Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you love your job?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Yeah occasionally but I hate that part too. We carry the AGM-114 Hellfire and a couple variants of guided 500 lb bombs. (GBU-12, GBU-38). I hate how we have evolved tactics so much to rely on this to take out a target. Some of the team guys from certain units that I’ve talked to have been frustrated for years. Our brass no matter who is at the helm is too afraid to lose men. Someone in JSOC said it best. What is the point of owning a Ferrari if you never drive it. One of my shots made it on YouTube. Had 5 brand new ISIS recruits that were on their way to wherever they were going to join. They didn’t make it. Best part was the truck kept going for a few miles cause the driver’s foot was stuck on gas pedal and after hitting bumps his leg started to lose its grip.

Only time I’ve enjoyed this drone shit was in 2016, 2017 when the hunt for ISIS was hot and heavy. Everyone was shooting. There were multiple weeks where I got more than one shot that week. Some other guys shot every damn day on their shift.

View attachment 14167
So glad to have you on here sir!

I fucking love my day job, but I would sacrifice anything to move the effort we have going here forward to make a positive impact in this country.

I’m a missile guy through and through and get up close and personal with certain platforms on a daily basis.

44Bobcats55

Elite
Founder
Interesting question. At 58 they pay me for what I know versus what I do. I hope to ride this wave to the the shore. I am at the point where I can justify my worth in very few hours. I can’t think about retirement yet. I guess I love what I do for what I am expected to do.

316what

Poster
Founder
Yeah occasionally but I hate that part too. We carry the AGM-114 Hellfire and a couple variants of guided 500 lb bombs. (GBU-12, GBU-38). I hate how we have evolved tactics so much to rely on this to take out a target. Some of the team guys from certain units that I’ve talked to have been frustrated for years. Our brass no matter who is at the helm is too afraid to lose men. Someone in JSOC said it best. What is the point of owning a Ferrari if you never drive it. One of my shots made it on YouTube. Had 5 brand new ISIS recruits that were on their way to wherever they were going to join. They didn’t make it. Best part was the truck kept going for a few miles cause the driver’s foot was stuck on gas pedal and after hitting bumps his leg started to lose its grip.

Only time I’ve enjoyed this drone shit was in 2016, 2017 when the hunt for ISIS was hot and heavy. Everyone was shooting. There were multiple weeks where I got more than one shot that week. Some other guys shot every damn day on their shift.

View attachment 14167

Shit like this makes me love my job. Makes the day to day bullshit of acquisition security well fkn worth it.

Acquisition Security: protecting the technology that allows this shit to happen.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

I fucking love my day job, but I would sacrifice anything to move the effort we have going here forward to make a positive impact in this country.

I’m a missile guy through and through and get up close and personal with certain platforms on a daily basis.
so-let-it-be-written-so-let-it-be-deployed.jpg

poke2001

Poster
Founder
Go new and big IMHO but I don't know shit
I’m leaning that way. The other role offered is probably a better position right now, but the temporary role allows me to leave a bigger impression and could lead to bigger things down the road. I was told that several people threw my name in the hat for both...and I really respect this new President so I’ll probably lean on him a bit to guide me.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder

View attachment 14167
Holy Shit man. I’ve seen this video before and we all came away complimenting that strike! Awesome shot 👏 . Pretty cool to be able to tell you we loved that shit man!!

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
If anyone with a STEM degree is looking for a change of scenery and wants to work on missiles in Huntsville send me a DM and we can exchange info

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Getting my masters in accounting. My buddies wife is high up in HR for Ernst and Young and promised me some major consulting job not too far off from reaching partner. I figured fuck it, if it works it works.
You get tons of flexibility with accounting, just gotta find something you like

spf84

Poster
You get tons of flexibility with accounting, just gotta find something you like
I have a rather successful 15 year sales career going for me, and she tells me they keep losing people before the cut off of partner, because you need to know how to sell. I told her if she ever tries to put me in audit I’d burn their house down.

BigBucnNole

Elite
I wanted to do exactly that when i was in college. Opening the shop changed my life trajectory significantly.

Its fun, no denying it. After finishing grad school I actually thought I was going to go into underwriting. I thought my career path was to get into private investment or what ultimately became PE. That was August of 2008 and I think everything came crashing down in Sept/ Oct. The guy I was talking to at the time said something to the effect of “blood in the streets” so I pulled back.

About 4 months later I reached out to the alumni network and some of my former professors. The one who was a part time professor, part time financial advisor for el presidentes, and part time economic advisor to Lebanon and a number of other mideast countries, suggested I go the PhD route. I was about to do it too, and I wanted to sort of be that particular professor. Guy was loaded and had the coolest life travelling the world and dealing in policy. And I wanted an academic/ expert field outside of the university system.

Hopefully in the next 3 to 4 years I can have things where my job is to just sell the product, enjoy the drinking clubs, design the methodology and do oversight while I let grunts beneath me do the number crunching.

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder
Holy Shit man. I’ve seen this video before and we all came away complimenting that strike! Awesome shot 👏 . Pretty cool to be able to tell you we loved that shit man!!
Thanks man were you in the team TOC when we took that shot? JTAC was with ODA if I remember correct

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder

Are you in developing 114s or different systems?

Dawg88

Legendary
Founder
I’ve been a financial advisor since I was 22 so that means 20 years now which is crazy to think. You can do well financially in that field. But man it’s a crooked game. I do love helping families and my clients. Wall Street is a crooked game so it’s interesting
And don’t get me started on the federal reserve. That’s the only reason the stock market has not crashed

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I’ve been a financial advisor since I was 22 so that means 20 years now which is crazy to think. You can do well financially in that field. But man it’s a crooked game. I do love helping families and my clients. Wall Street is a crooked game so it’s interesting
And don’t get me started on the federal reserve. That’s the only reason the stock market has not crashed
Are you AthensDawg?

Top Bottom