Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DeSantis OUTLAWS big tech censorship!

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday signed a measure that he says will protect state residents from Silicon Valley’s "power grab on speech, thought and content."

"This session, we took action to ensure that ‘We the People’ — real Floridians across the Sunshine State — are guaranteed protection against the Silicon Valley elites," DeSantis said in a statement. "If Big Tech censors enforce rules inconsistently, to discriminate in favor of the dominant Silicon Valley ideology, they will now be held accountable."

The Big Tech Bill, as DeSantis calls it, allows residents to fight back against de-platforming and censorship, allowing them to sue tech companies for up to $100,000 in damages for each proven claim in a bid to ensure companies are more transparent about their content moderation practices.

The law requires companies to detail how they reach conclusions about content moderation and stick to those standards consistently, DeSantis said during a press conference on Monday.

The Florida Attorney General will also be able to bring action against tech companies that violate the law, which prohibits the de-platforming of political candidates as well.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Gonna be interesting to watch this play out. I imagine this could turn in to a big supreme court ruling down the line

I get the social media companies, but what are they going to do about search engines?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Gonna be interesting to watch this play out. I imagine this could turn in to a big supreme court ruling down the line

I get the social media companies, but what are they going to do about search engines?
If the majority of people start to migrate to DuckDuckGo and other new and emerging search engines you will see Google fall back and regroup. Same with Facebook and the other social media cock sucker. FOLLOW THE MONEY!

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday signed a measure that he says will protect state residents from Silicon Valley’s "power grab on speech, thought and content."

"This session, we took action to ensure that ‘We the People’ — real Floridians across the Sunshine State — are guaranteed protection against the Silicon Valley elites," DeSantis said in a statement. "If Big Tech censors enforce rules inconsistently, to discriminate in favor of the dominant Silicon Valley ideology, they will now be held accountable."

The Big Tech Bill, as DeSantis calls it, allows residents to fight back against de-platforming and censorship, allowing them to sue tech companies for up to $100,000 in damages for each proven claim in a bid to ensure companies are more transparent about their content moderation practices.

The law requires companies to detail how they reach conclusions about content moderation and stick to those standards consistently, DeSantis said during a press conference on Monday.

The Florida Attorney General will also be able to bring action against tech companies that violate the law, which prohibits the de-platforming of political candidates as well.
Doesn't go nearly far enough but it's at least a start.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
If the majority of people start to migrate to DuckDuckGo and other new and emerging search engines you will see Google fall back and regroup. Same with Facebook and the other social media cock sucker. FOLLOW THE MONEY!
I really think that google has way overplayed their hand lately. Even outside of this site, there is a revolution happening on the internet

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
I really think that google has way overplayed their hand lately. Even outside of this site, there is a revolution happening on the internet
People are stupid and lazy. The vast majority are going to have to get hit over the head with obvious search engine bias over and over before they change their habits. I’m not sure who can do that.

Top Bottom