Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Death to Modern Scum

fschmidt

Poster
I will describe my last week which illustrates why modern scum (members of modern culture) should be exterminated.

On Sunday I discovered that registration emails from one of my websites are going to spam in Gmail. This email account is only used for things like registration, not for marketing at all. So there is no justification for classifying these emails as spam.

On Monday I went to Google's Postmaster Tools website and requested a review of my domain. Google sent me a confirmation email, which went to my spam. So Google's spam filter so dysfunctional that it sends Google's own emails to spam. I also researched SMS/texting as an alternative to email. I bought a phone number and then discovered that it has to be verified to ensure delivery in America and Canada. The verification process is insanely overcomplicated and very slow. So this isn't a good option.

On Tuesday, I decided to just scream at users on the website in bold red text to check their spam folder. I don't know if this will work, I have to wait and see. In addition, my business debit card from Wells Fargo is expiring this month and I didn't receive a new card, so I called Wells Fargo. They told me that they could send me a replacement but would have to cancel my card. This is terrible because I have numerous autopay services that could fail if my card is canceled. So I asked if I could get a temporary card at my local branch which is something I have done in the past. But no, they said they no longer offer this service. So I asked if I could pay to get the card as fast as possible. They said no but they could offer expedited service sent by fedex. I said fine, just give me the fedex number so I can track it. They said that they won't have a fedex number until it is sent which should happen within a day, and then I would be sent an email with the fedex number.

On Wednesday I received no email from Wells Fargo. I called to complain, but they couldn't do anything. In addition, I received a new headset from Amazon to replace my old headset which has issues. The new headset is the same product as the old headset. But the new headset didn't work at all, so presumably the quality just declined. I exchanged it for another headset.

On Thursday I checked to see if my website changes were increasing registrations. But I discovered that people aren't even trying to register now. It turns out the now my marketing emails, from a different domain, are going to Gmail spam. Note that this is an entirely new problem unrelated to the registration emails. I asked my sysadmin to look into this. He couldn't find the problem. Solving this is my project for next week.

On Friday I dealt with authentication for my personal bank account with Northern Trust. They used to allow email authentication or SMS/texting authentication. Since my wife and I share the account, I used my email address and her phone number. But they removed email authentication, so now I can't login without my wife. I looked to see if I could add another phone number. Not possible. I also tried to change the phone number. This functionality is on their website but is completely broken and does nothing. So I called Northern Trust and they said that my wife has to set up a separate profile for both of us to have access. She went through this hassle. And then I had to have them manually change my phone number because their website doesn't work.

Modern culture is totally dysfunctional. Death to modern scum!

Mungri

Elite
Yea you have (high functioning) autism for sure. Frustration and agitation over the stupid normie world not making any sense.

But then you aren't at all logical cos yer a mudslime.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I will describe my last week which illustrates why modern scum (members of modern culture) should be exterminated.

On Sunday I discovered that registration emails from one of my websites are going to spam in Gmail. This email account is only used for things like registration, not for marketing at all. So there is no justification for classifying these emails as spam.

On Monday I went to Google's Postmaster Tools website and requested a review of my domain. Google sent me a confirmation email, which went to my spam. So Google's spam filter so dysfunctional that it sends Google's own emails to spam. I also researched SMS/texting as an alternative to email. I bought a phone number and then discovered that it has to be verified to ensure delivery in America and Canada. The verification process is insanely overcomplicated and very slow. So this isn't a good option.

On Tuesday, I decided to just scream at users on the website in bold red text to check their spam folder. I don't know if this will work, I have to wait and see. In addition, my business debit card from Wells Fargo is expiring this month and I didn't receive a new card, so I called Wells Fargo. They told me that they could send me a replacement but would have to cancel my card. This is terrible because I have numerous autopay services that could fail if my card is canceled. So I asked if I could get a temporary card at my local branch which is something I have done in the past. But no, they said they no longer offer this service. So I asked if I could pay to get the card as fast as possible. They said no but they could offer expedited service sent by fedex. I said fine, just give me the fedex number so I can track it. They said that they won't have a fedex number until it is sent which should happen within a day, and then I would be sent an email with the fedex number.

On Wednesday I received no email from Wells Fargo. I called to complain, but they couldn't do anything. In addition, I received a new headset from Amazon to replace my old headset which has issues. The new headset is the same product as the old headset. But the new headset didn't work at all, so presumably the quality just declined. I exchanged it for another headset.

On Thursday I checked to see if my website changes were increasing registrations. But I discovered that people aren't even trying to register now. It turns out the now my marketing emails, from a different domain, are going to Gmail spam. Note that this is an entirely new problem unrelated to the registration emails. I asked my sysadmin to look into this. He couldn't find the problem. Solving this is my project for next week.

On Friday I dealt with authentication for my personal bank account with Northern Trust. They used to allow email authentication or SMS/texting authentication. Since my wife and I share the account, I used my email address and her phone number. But they removed email authentication, so now I can't login without my wife. I looked to see if I could add another phone number. Not possible. I also tried to change the phone number. This functionality is on their website but is completely broken and does nothing. So I called Northern Trust and they said that my wife has to set up a separate profile for both of us to have access. She went through this hassle. And then I had to have them manually change my phone number because their website doesn't work.

Are you modern?
A²+B²=a fucking modern dickbag who should struggle less and do it already

TheFiend

Poster

Yeah nah I'm pretty sure joogles anti-spam measures are a complete load of shit aye mate.

Everyday I find dozens of new spam emails piled up in my inboxes, while more often than not there's also a bunch of non-spam emails they've dumped in the spam boxes.... almost like joogle ain't actually doin' what they claim, and rather more like the opposite.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Yeah nah I'm pretty sure joogles anti-spam measures are a complete load of shit aye mate.

Everyday I find dozens of new spam emails piled up in my inboxes, while more often than not there's also a bunch of non-spam emails they've dumped in the spam boxes.... almost like joogle ain't actually doin' what they claim, and rather more like the opposite.
You should employ him. I just shit canned his ass

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Yea you have (high functioning) autism for sure. Frustration and agitation over the stupid normie world not making any sense.

But then you aren't at all logical cos yer a mudslime.
You should either lick it or touch the tip of it

fschmidt

Poster

I looked into this today and it turns out that Gmail's spam filter is insane. To stay out of the spam folder, you pay a company to fake emails to satisfy Gmail's insanity. So this is what determines what goes to spam - pay to fake out Gmail means Inbox, don't pay means spam folder. Here are the details:

Latest posts

Top Bottom