Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

And the U.S. isn't part of it

Goldhedge

Legendary

What is Department of Defense Directive 5240.01? Pentagon's Military Update​

Published Oct 25, 2024

he Pentagon has denied claims running rampant online around an updated Defense Department (DOD) document outlining how military intelligence can be shared with local and federal authorities, after numerous sources claimed the directive opened the door for the use of force against civilians ahead of the U.S. elections.

"The policies concerning the use of force by DOD addressed in [the directive] are not new, and do not authorize the DOD to use lethal force against U.S. citizens or people located inside the United States, contrary to rumors and rhetoric circulating on social media," Department of Defense spokesperson Sue Gough told Newsweek.

"While the paragraph that's been most frequently referenced on social media is new to this directive, it does not reflect any change to DOD's policy regarding the use of lethal force by DOD personnel."

What is Directive 5240.01?​

The Pentagon updated Directive 5240.01, a document setting out how military intelligence could be used by local law enforcement and other U.S. authorities, in late September.

The Secretary of Defense can approve "assistance in responding with assets with potential for lethality, or any situation in which it is reasonably foreseeable that providing the requested assistance may involve the use of force that is likely to result in lethal force, including death or serious bodily injury," in the official wording of the document.

more

MIZCDB

Elite
Founder
I’m an hour into Trump on JRE and it’s predictably awesome. Even more awesome is that tomorrow I am going to vote early for DJT with my 19 year old son. He came home for the weekend from the GOAT Mizzou so that we could go vote for the greatest president of all time together for his first time voting. Can’t even tell you how excited I am. The. He and I will have some beers and watch UFC before MIZ takes it to Bama. What a weekend. See you all in Vegas soon!

Latest posts

Top Bottom