Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

orng_blud

Legendary
Founder

Newsweek

Follow
1.4M Followers

The Bloodless Coup of Joe Biden Will Not Work Out Well for Democrats | Opinion​

Opinion by Josh Hammer
• 9h • 4 min read

Democratic presidential candidate, U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris speaks to supporters during a campaign rally at West Allis Central High School on July 23, 2024 in West Allis, Wisconsin.

Democratic presidential candidate, U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris speaks to supporters during a campaign rally at West Allis Central High School on July 23, 2024 in West Allis, Wisconsin.© Jim Vondruska/Getty Images
The Democratic Party ruling class's bloodless coup of their own democratically elected presidential nominee, who also happens to be the nominal sitting president of the United States, is one of the most astonishing political developments of my lifetime. Joe Biden, though clearly physically and mentally impaired, has sought the presidency for quite literally longer than I have been alive. Biden had been defiant ever since the June 27 presidential debate debacle that he was not going anywhere, despite overwhelming pressure from party elites and sycophantic media lapdogs demanding he do precisely that. He has a Lady Macbeth-like wife who craves power, and he has a felonious son in desperate need of a presidential pardon.

Yet the coup succeeded. Biden became the first incumbent president to not seek re-election after his first term since Lyndon B. Johnson in 1968. Biden made the much-anticipated announcement not with a solemn Oval Office address—that came three days later, and he didn't even explain his decision. Rather, he issued a bedridden tweet—from a personal, not even official, account. It's the equivalent of divorcing your wife over text message. As if that weren't crazy enough, the announcement came smack in the middle of a five-day period in which Biden was not publicly seen, and during which he apparently experienced an unspecified medical emergency. Suspicious much?

The Democrats' decision to coup their own president is a curious one, on the political merits.

Hold aside the galling hypocrisy of the purported party of "democracy" trying to remove former President Donald Trump from the ballot under an outlandish constitutional theory while simultaneously attempting to bankrupt, prosecute, and incarcerate him on equally spurious grounds. Hold aside the self-proclaimed party of "democracy" feigning ignorance over how its overheated rhetoric laid the seeds for their political opponent's recent near-assassination, and its continuing to depict that opponent as an existential threat to the American constitutional order. And hold aside that purportedly "democratic" party deposing its own presumptive elected nominee—a stark reversal from its presidential primary, when party poobahs worked hard to shut out all viable competition. Somewhere in Minnesota, Dean Phillips would like a word.

Hold all that aside. Because even on its own terms, the coup of Biden for cackler-in-chief Kamala Harris is going to spectacularly backfire on the Democrats.

Already, Democrats and the corporate media have been working hard to "define" Harris for the American people. At times, this has included some rather dubious retconning, such as magically pretending she wasn't the Biden administration's appointed "border czar." (She was.) But the even bigger problem for Democrats is that Harris is not an unknown commodity. On the contrary, she is a very well-known commodity—one who just happens to be about as popular with the American public as venereal disease.

Harris' current average approval rating is under 38%, and an NBC News poll last June found her to be the single least popular vice president in American history—only 32% of Americans had a positive view of her, putting her 17 points underwater. Harris' 2020 presidential campaign was an absolute dud, self-imploding well before the first primary votes were cast. And as recently as a month or two ago, Democratic elites were openly discussing whether she could still be dropped as Biden's 2024 running mate. Funny how quickly one can go from weakest link to great savior of "Our Democracy."

Practically, the path to winning 270 Electoral College votes still runs through the Rust Belt states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. It is frankly bizarre for Democrats to swap out the man who talks ceaselessly about his hardscrabble Scranton upbringing for a Californian who boasts the most left-wing voting record of any presidential nominee in modern history. Do Democrats really think Harris' support for the Green New Deal and a national fracking ban will play well in the Marcellus Shale of Pennsylvania, or in the auto factories of Detroit? Will white working- and middle-class voters concerned about skyrocketing crime look favorably upon Harris' enthusiastic support for the 2020 Black Lives Matter riots, which racked up $2 billion worth of property damage?

It's not that Uncle Joe, seemingly about to keel over and die at any moment, found himself in much better political shape. But in addition to the gross hypocrisy of their coup that has dealt yet another fatal blow to their specious claim to "defend democracy," Democrats have also set themselves up for political failure. They would have been better off trying to limp across the finish line with their grievously wounded incumbent of a nominee, rather than changing horses mid-race.

The 14 million people who voted for Biden in the Democratic primaries ought to be livid. Rust Belt voters ought to be bemused. But Trump and running mate J.D. Vance ought to be ecstatic.

Josh Hammer is Newsweek senior editor-at-large, host of "The Josh Hammer Show" and "America on Trial with Josh Hammer," a syndicated columnist, senior counsel for the Article III Project, and a research fellow with the Edmund Burke Foundation. Subscribe here for "The Josh Hammer Report," a Newsweek newsletter, as well as Josh Hammer's Subtext text message group. X: @josh_hammer.

The views expressed in this article are the writer's own.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

On PPV I hope
I'll light the match on Reiner.

Ear lobes tell the story.

GarneT&GolD1978

Finer Things Club President
Founder
I could have used this knowledge decades ago.

Nahfuckallthat.gif

I have a skillet full of melted butter, bacon grease, or any assortment of meats all heated up and ready for me to crack some eggs on the side of said skillet and dump that shit in. Scramble in the skillet. Fuck a shell or two getting in there. Zero fucks given.

Outside-the-skillet-scramblers are the probably the same people that bleach their assholes. Hell I’d wager upwards of 50% of the dudes out there that bowl-scramble their eggs are sitting on a cock this red hot minute. Prove me wrong.

Hope this helps.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Nahfuckallthat.gif

I have a skillet full of melted butter, bacon grease, or any assortment of meats all heated up and ready for me to crack some eggs on the side of said skillet and dump that shit in. Scramble in the skillet. Fuck a shell or two getting in there. Zero fucks given.

Outside-the-skillet-scramblers are the probably the same people that bleach their assholes. Hell I’d wager upwards of 50% of the dudes out there that bowl-scramble their eggs are sitting on a cock this red hot minute. Prove me wrong.

Hope this helps.
IMG_2748.gif

Viking

Legendary
Founder
Nahfuckallthat.gif

Hope this helps.
Let me simplify, if I may? If you don't scramble in the pan your commie faggot! Haha Skol!

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder

Paris Olympics - Behold, a Pale Horse

In Revelations, the fourth horsemen rides a pale horse and is identified as Death.

Whatever they have planned, God is greater.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
Bingo

1722037528061.png
What red-blooded American man doesn’t hit a gay soul cycle class when the wife is out of town?▪️No big deal … Did you know the last two firms Emhoff worked for: 1. ) DLA Piper is connected directly to Smartmatic and their list of clients reads like The Who’s Who in China 2.) Venables is the biggest lobbying firm for Qatar, which hosts both Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood

1722037604689.png

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
THIS FUCKING SOW JUST ALLOWED THE AMERICAN FLAG TO BE TORN DOWN IN FRONT OF THE CAPITAL AND REPLACED WITH HAMAS FLAGS AND YOU'RE GOING TO VOTE FOR THIS FUCKING PIG AMERICA? YOU GOING TO VOTE THIS DAMN FUCKING PIG AS A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AMERICA????????
1722037667248.png

Viking

Legendary
Founder

Paris Olympics - Behold, a Pale Horse

In Revelations, the fourth horsemen rides a pale horse and is identified as Death.

Whatever they have planned, God is greater.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

After watching videos on the London Olympics and seeing the imagery and what they were showing. This one has me on edge. The last supper? The pale horseman of death? What are these sick fucks planning? These people are sick and evil and need to be destroyed. Skol!

Let me add: whatever it is I WILL NOT COMPLY!

Last edited:
Top Bottom