Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Conference Realignment Thread

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
I want to see 4 super conferences in football. The 4 conferences could break away from the NCAA and set their own rules.

• SEC is done at 16
  • ACC needs to add Notre Dame and West Virginia
  • Big 10 needs to add Iowa St. and Kansas
  • PAC 12 needs to add Texas Tech, Oklahoma St., Boise St. and Houston

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Whether it's true or not being in the ACC is your best place. Makes you a playoff participant every year.
Doesn't matter if it is or not apparently. Clemson is fully committed to the ACC. Hell, Clemson might even be the last team in the ACC if it were to fall apart.

TTUcamper

Elite
I want to see 4 super conferences in football. The 4 conferences could break away from the NCAA and set their own rules.

• SEC is done at 16

Jmo, the pac would be better off with kstate than either Boise or Houston. They have a pretty decent vfanbase and Houston is a huge school that nobody cares about and the Boise market is already captured

TJHall1

Legendary

• SEC is done at 16
It would be idiotic for the big 10 to add Kansas and iowa st.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Doesn't matter if it is or not apparently. Clemson is fully committed to the ACC. Hell, Clemson might even be the last team in the ACC if it were to fall apart.
Agreed and it really wouldn’t make any sense for them to switch.

They have a good gig right now.

Juro

Elite
What if B1G school Presidents said no to Kansas? That means the current Big 12 stays where they're at. And then do they absorb the AAC?

Fever757

Poster
Founder
What if B1G school Presidents said no to Kansas? That means the current Big 12 stays where they're at. And then do they absorb the AAC?
They would likely cherry pick the AAC. Take BYU from independence and then UCF, Cincy and Memphis/Houston. And stick at 12. I see that as a last resort though.

TTUcamper

Elite
Ok State board is where I saw the info. I’m a member of the Rivals Board. Honestly, no damn clue at this time. Maybe PAC. Maybe ACC. Maybe some merger. Maybe add teams. Maybe we are all fucked.

I get the sense that the remaining 8 teams are going to be motivated for a little bit to stay together to get the money from OU and UT leaving as it's a pretty big windfall and may be able to stabilize everyone for a smaller paycheck going forward post big12.

The way I look at it is that there is only one p5 conference that has to expand and that's the PAC. They are already borderline irrelevant and the west coast doesn't give a shit about sports.

JMO, I think the PAC could do much worse than adding KU, Kstate, Okielite and TTU. Gives them a growing market in the middle of the country and schools that are all serious about their sports.

I'm not sure the B1G needs to do shit, but I'm sure NU is sure hoping they take somebody for them to play.

CJB1950

Elite
Founder
JMO, I think the PAC could do much worse than adding KU, Kstate, Okielite and TTU. Gives them a growing market in the middle of the country and schools that are all serious about their sports.

PAC isn't taking any of those schools. I understand the athletics argument and it's a cleaner way to get to these "Super Conferences" - but the PAC Presidents will not be convinced unless you're backing up a brinks truck with money. None of those schools do that.

Remember, a decade ago Boren at OU with his famous wallflowers blast? PAC Presidents were not interested in OU and Lite without 100% assurance Texas would come too. Without both OU and Texas, it ain't happening.

Always with the qualifier - we'll see just how badly they can ruin a once great sport. CFB is on death's doorstep and even if you're an "elite" program at the moment, I just can't imagine being happy with how badly $$ has ruined CFB.

TTUcamper

Elite
PAC isn't taking any of those schools. I understand the athletics argument and it's a cleaner way to get to these "Super Conferences" - but the PAC Presidents will not be convinced unless you're backing up a brinks truck with money. None of those schools do that.

Remember, a decade ago Boren at OU with his famous wallflowers blast? PAC Presidents were not interested in OU and Lite without 100% assurance Texas would come too. Without both OU and Texas, it ain't happening.

Always with the qualifier - we'll see just how badly they can ruin a once great sport. CFB is on death's doorstep and even if you're an "elite" program at the moment, I just can't imagine being happy with how badly $$ has ruined CFB.

I don't disagree with you, I just think it's short sighted of the PAC. KU is an elite bball brand and the rest of the schools are all around top 30 or 40 in eyeballs. I've seen TTU's and Okie states brand grow dramatically in my lifetime as the population in Texas has exponentially grown, I don't see this going away unless it's forced away by banishing those programs to a defunct conference.

The reality is the PAC has spent the last ten years destroying their brand with terrible decisions, when they used to be a premier conference. They need some new markets that care about sports and will push competition. The reality is Okie state could win the Pac12 in football and KU would win in basketball and that's not a stretch, it's closer to a fact. TTU, Okie lite and kstate would all be top tier teams in terms of attendance in the PAC currently as well.

I know the academic side runs a lot of this shit, but for the life of me I don't know why if teams agree to play each other in sports they have to for some reason share in research grants. Just invite teams in and let them know "this is just for sports fuckers you can't touch our research dollars" I can tell you Texas Tech wouldn't give a shit.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
No ACC teams are moving because of the GOR agreement that lasts until 2036. The move would cost from $130 to $160 million per team.
It’s everywhere that certain schools could pay a dumbass lawyer that barely graduated high school about 35 bucks and get them out of the ACC GOR. Read the GOR. It’s hilarious.

CJB1950

Elite
Founder
I don't disagree with you, I just think it's short sighted of the PAC. KU is an elite bball brand and the rest of the schools are all around top 30 or 40 in eyeballs. I've seen TTU's and Okie states brand grow dramatically in my lifetime as the population in Texas has exponentially grown, I don't see this going away unless it's forced away by banishing those programs to a defunct conference.

The reality is the PAC has spent the last ten years destroying their brand with terrible decisions, when they used to be a premier conference. They need some new markets that care about sports and will push competition. The reality is Okie state could win the Pac12 in football and KU would win in basketball and that's not a stretch, it's closer to a fact. TTU, Okie lite and kstate would all be top tier teams in terms of attendance in the PAC currently as well.

I know the academic side runs a lot of this shit, but for the life of me I don't know why if teams agree to play each other in sports they have to for some reason share in research grants. Just invite teams in and let them know "this is just for sports fuckers you can't touch our research dollars" I can tell you Texas Tech wouldn't give a shit.

Full disclosure - I'm a Buff (since it's not in my handle)

I don't dislike the idea of Tech making the move and still have an affinity for KU. I just don't see how it works with the current configuration, but things could get turned upside down over the next couple years.

For academics, my source is on that side and has been involved with these discussions in the past. (no longer) His take has always been the same - Presidents of AAU and competitive schools are a snobby bunch. They think they work much harder and are quite elitist. Mentioned in the other thread, research money and grants dwarf the athletics side. It's where they focus. Right or wrong - and most likely wrong. ;)

TTUcamper

Elite
Full disclosure - I'm a Buff (since it's not in my handle)

I don't dislike the idea of Tech making the move and still have an affinity for KU. I just don't see how it works with the current configuration, but things could get turned upside down over the next couple years.

For academics, my source is on that side and has been involved with these discussions in the past. (no longer) His take has always been the same - Presidents of AAU and competitive schools are a snobby bunch. They think they work much harder and are quite elitist. Mentioned in the other thread, research money and grants dwarf the athletics side. It's where they focus. Right or wrong - and most likely wrong. ;)

I think with all the transfer rules relaxing the every conference is currently in danger of becoming a feeder conference for the SEC. you are going to start seeing SEC teams take 10 to 15 recruits and 10 to 15 transfers every year.

There are a million ways to configure it, east/west, Pod system... But if your conference can't be competitive with the SEC and B1G, the good players are going to get poached every year. It's already happening in basketball.

I get that all the presidents of the Pac schools want to sit on dildo's all day and sniff each others farts but at some point inaction will probably lead to the consistent erosion of the conference until nobody is willing to pay even mediocre money for a conference that loses all it's best players every year to other conferences.

that's where the PAC is headed if they do nothing and even maybe if they add teams.

Texas Tech, Okie state, Kstate still have relevant brands but 3+ years in a defunct conference will erode those as well, So if the Pac doesn't do something now the teams like TTU won't be the same add they are right now.

Last edited:

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

ISU kicked KSU’s ass in viewers last season. Now, whether or not they can sustain that who knows.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Whether it's true or not being in the ACC is your best place. Makes you a playoff participant every year.
UL has destroyed every conf they have joined for the last 20 years. Its not just a curse.... Its a law.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
All of this is fuckery. I get it. Some of you are worried where your school will land. The bottom line is there are about 65 schools with any relevance. Get them into 4 conferences, ignore the NCAA, and let's all move on to the next phase.

TJHall1

Legendary
@Juro

How old are you? 19?
You claimed someone else posted the dumbest thing you've seen. Well you posted some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen:
Not to mention, these "academic" schools have stronger followings than SEC schools. No one cared about Florida enough until Meyer and Tebow. No one cared about Bama until Saban.

You ever hear of Steve Spurrier and what he had Florida at?
And the alabama thing, im not even gonna comment.
This is where the Billy Madison you made everyone dumber gif comes in. Are you retarded?

And this is all coming from a big ten person.

TJHall1

Legendary
All of this is fuckery. I get it. Some of you are worried where your school will land. The bottom line is there are about 65 schools with any relevance. Get them into 4 conferences, ignore the NCAA, and let's all move on to the next phase.
I'd agree, except I'd say there's about 25 teams with any relevance. And I'm sick of this bullshit, not even really following college or pro sports anymore, except for college wrestling.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
@Juro

How old are you? 19?
You claimed someone else posted the dumbest thing you've seen. Well you posted some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen:
Not to mention, these "academic" schools have stronger followings than SEC schools. No one cared about Florida enough until Meyer and Tebow. No one cared about Bama until Saban.

This is where the Billy Madison you made everyone dumber gif comes in. Are you retarded?

Do not see the insanely stupid comments that you reference...got a link or can you quote this? That shit about UF & Bama is some of the absolute dumbest nonsense I have ever heard.

Cards1968

Founder
@Juro

How old are you? 19?

Tilt at windmills often?

Juro

Elite
@Juro

How old are you? 19?

Congrats Big Ten person. It took you a couple of days to find this thread and reply.

Yes, Florida and Bama's images blew up nationally around those times. Attracted a bigger following. Same with a lot of schools.

And I'm 33. Obviously you can't be near that, because you act like a 23 year old with that grammar issues or a 67 year old who is learning how to use a message board correctly.

TJHall1

Legendary
Congrats Big Ten person. It took you a couple of days to find this thread and reply.

Yes, Florida and Bama's images blew up nationally around those times. Attracted a bigger following. Same with a lot of schools.

And I'm 33. Obviously you can't be near that, because you act like a 23 year old with that grammar issues or a 67 year old who is learning how to use a message board correctly.
LOL

BigBucnNole

Elite
I'd agree, except I'd say there's about 25 teams with any relevance. And I'm sick of this bullshit, not even really following college or pro sports anymore, except for college wrestling.

lol, hates the pawg threads, doesn’t like AOC’s tits, and then only watches college wrestling.

I think we’ve got our answer here folks. Lol.

BigBucnNole

Elite
I love the pawg threads, you dumb fuck
Because i don't like a fat, gross, cottage cheese ass? Guess I'm gay.

1c0.gif

Top Bottom