Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Conference Realignment Thread

BigBucnNole

Elite
Only KU fans think they are going to the B1G. They are in denial about bball being irrelevant in conference realignment. KU's best landing spot is keeping the Big 12 together and being one of the big dogs.

They could make noise in the MACtion. They’d become top dawg overnight.

Last edited:

Emmo496

Elite
Founder
Only KU fans think they are going to the B1G. They are in denial about bball being irrelevant in conference realignment. KU's best landing spot is keeping the Big 12 together and being one of the big dogs.
I pretty much think any talks of expansion for the B1G have either stalled or the Presidents of the Universities just aren’t interested. At least, not enough to win the vote.

KU is already the Big Dog of Big 6/8/10/12 basketball and has been. No one else is even close. They aren’t shit in any other sport, and football has been a hot mess since Mangino left. Basketball and AAU status is what KU has going for them, and that may be enough to land them somewhere.

I’m an Ok State alum and things are pessimistic for us and the remaining teams right now. Regardless of what anyone wants to believe, we are the best football school remaining, and arguably the best overall Athletic Prog (wrestling, golf, soccer, baseball, softball, track, CC) as well.

- We have the 12th most wins of a P5 conference teams in the last decade.
- Six 10 win seasons.
- Avg over 2.2M viewers per game.
- #4 in overall Nat’l Championships with 52.
- #1 draft pick in 2021 Bball draft with BBall starting to look like it used to under Sutton.
- Academics and research are getting better but still not up to par of B1G or PAC. Ironically, This might be the death blow to our expansion.

What does all this mean? It may not amount to shit simply because we aren’t OU or Texas. Same goes for the remainder of the conference members as well. Only time will tell.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Maybe ku should invest some of that money and buy ut-normans wrestling program. They're not going to need it anymore and it could help with your BIG resume.
They can still have wrestling programs even though it won’t be in the SEC. I doubt they will since UT is run by leftists that will be glad to get rid of male only sports.
OKC might, but not sure how big wrestling is in the southwest compared to Midwest and might not have interest in keeping it.

TJHall1

Legendary
When you decide to understand revenue components, let me know so we can have an intelligence discussion. We have better 3rd tier revenue than OU and only trail UT because of the Longhorn Network. Our streaming revenues were far above expectations which will be huge to those who know how future revenues will be generated.
Any updates on a timeline for when the move will be announced??

🤣

TJHall1

Legendary
Who are you confusing me with?
DBU to the B1G

The B1G has to make the first real move. Apparently ESPN is working behind the scenes to get either the B1G or the ACC to take DBU to help blow up the Big12 and avoid having to pay UT and OU’s Grant of Rights through 2025. DBU fits all of the B1G’s academic requirements and would be extremely valuable when the schools wrestle away the basketball tournament from the NCAA. We also just finished our first two years of streaming services (which is a key revenue source for the future) and proved to be very valuable. But until the B1G decides to make a move for the future, we are in waiting mode.

I have a couple of good sources who are pretty certain that when expansion decisions are made following the UT/OU move, DBU will be end up in either the B1G because it makes sense, or the ACC to create a basketball super conference version of the SEC football conference.

Jayhox

Legendary
Founder
Those are my posts. What fuck are you talking about? Is it as simple as you think I said it was imminent when I said no such thing?

1628457353278.gif

Top Bottom