Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College teams with a player drafted in every NFL draft

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Cool stat, I guess. But, it's an odd thing to be proud of. How many of those years resulted in a National Championship?

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
2. MSU had 4 of the top 8 draft picks in 1967.

Correction: 3 championships
I meant how many have resulted in AP recognized titles:
Michigan - 1948, 1977
Michigan St - 1952
Southern Cal - 1962, 1967, 1972, 2003, 2004
Florida - 1996, 2006, 2008

So, they've each had a title during that 85 year period. That's pretty good. But, in that same period:
Alabama has 12
Notre Dame has 8
Oklahoma has 7
Miami has 5
Ohio State has 5

That's 5 programs with more or equal to the same number of National Championships as the best of your list (Southern Cal). After that,
Nebraska with 4
Minnesota with 4
Clemson with 3
Florida State with 3
LSU with 3
Texas with 3

All of those with more or equal to the same number as the 2nd best (Florida).

So yeah. Cool stat, but I think the list of Natties is more impressive.

Honestly I think the stat you posted with your 2nd comment is more impressive: "MSU had 4 of the top 8 draft picks in 1967"

Just my opinion.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
I meant how many have resulted in AP recognized titles:
Michigan - 1948, 1977
Michigan St - 1952
Southern Cal - 1962, 1967, 1972, 2003, 2004
Florida - 1996, 2006, 2008

So, they've each had a title during that 85 year period. That's pretty good. But, in that same period:
Alabama has 12
Notre Dame has 8
Oklahoma has 7
Miami has 5
Ohio State has 5

That's 5 programs with more or equal to the same number of National Championships as the best of your list (Southern Cal). After that,
Nebraska with 4
Minnesota with 4
Clemson with 3
Florida State with 3
LSU with 3
Texas with 3

All of those with more or equal to the same number as the 2nd best (Florida).

So yeah. Cool stat, but I think the list of Natties is more impressive.

Honestly I think the stat you posted with your 2nd comment is more impressive: "MSU had 4 of the top 8 draft picks in 1967"

Just my opinion.
MSU has 3 NC

spf84

Poster
MSU has 3 NC
source.gif

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Now do total first rounders

🐐

Now do college football game that had the most players ultimately drafted into the NFL on the field at the same time. :cool:

Hint: it's widely considered to be the greatest college football game of all time. (Also, it may have been overtaken since then and I missed it)

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Now do college football game that had the most players ultimately drafted into the NFL on the field at the same time. :cool:

Hint: it's widely considered to be the greatest college football game of all time. (Also, it may have been overtaken since then and I missed it)
Help us out. Since googling "college football game that had the most players ultimately drafted into the NFL on the field at the same time" doesn't turn up the intended result, which game is it?

Chief_Trojan

Poster
Founder

My first guess would be USC v Texas, but I wouldn't count out a Miami v FSU game.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Help us out. Since googling "college football game that had the most players ultimately drafted into the NFL on the field at the same time" doesn't turn up the intended result, which game is it?

There were 49 players on the field and sideline for the 2006 Texas-USC Rose Bowl who were drafted into the NFL. To my knowledge, that's the most ever in any one single NCAA game. There is a Bama-LSU game somewhere around 2012 that may have supplanted it.

Top Bottom