Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

College football week 3!

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
It’s Bama, Georgia, Texas, Ole Miss and Tennessee and then everyone else. You have Ohio State, Oregon and Miami outside the SEC.

Georgia looked like shit tonight, but we all know they are still a top team.

Any of these teams can choke basically any game, but here is what I’m seeing right now:

I’m confident all 5 of those top SEC teams can take 2 losses and make the playoffs.

Texas and Ole Miss only have to play Georgia of that group, so they are both playoff locks. Even if they take the L to Georgia, these teams also have a good shot at making the SEC championship game because of their schedules

Alabama and Tennessee are in similar spots where they play 2 of the top SEC teams. Bama has UGA and Vols. Vols have UGA and Bama. If either of these teams loses both games, they are still comfortably in the playoffs as long as they don’t lose both and choke in another game. I could still see either of these teams making it in with 3 L’s in some cases as well, as long as we don’t have multiple upsets in conference championships

UGA is gonna have the toughest road. They have to play all the other top tier SEC teams: Bama, Texas, Tennessee and Ole Miss. I still think UGA can take 3 L’s there and finish in the playoff field, but they really don’t want to get in that position.

I’m not buying Mizzou as near the top tier as their ranking would indicate, but I do think they are gonna be a critical game and tough out for anyone. LSU is meh and a notch below Mizzou. Oklahoma is not good this year so I don’t see them being a huge threat for anyone

As far as the SEC championship goes, that’s gonna be wild to see how it plays out, but it could become a pretty big disadvantage to play in the game and lose. UGA is best trying to avoid that game altogether because they have so little success in the SEC championship

Last edited:

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I streamed a couple of events w a friend’s ESPN+ account. I’m old and hate streaming though so glad to have traditional tv back.
You can also watch games of all sports from around the world for free using Buffstreams.sx. The link I eventually get to is (https://buffstreams.sx/live-now) without ( ). Don't have to subscribe to ESPN+. It's takes some maneuvering and refreshing sometimes. They will want you to sign up for a bunch of shit but you can close the windows that pop up. I use Brave (built-in ad blocker) as the browser but others may allow it.

Edit: Games don't come on until the networks actually start the broadcast.

Last edited:

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I think it's pretty clear who the top team in the country is after week 3. It's a well oiled machine. The two deep is better than 90% of the FBS first teams.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I think it's pretty clear who the top team in the country is after week 3. It's a well oiled machine. The two deep is better than 90% of the FBS first teams.
Here is where I’m at right now

1. Texas
2. UGA
3. Vols
4. Bama
5. Ole Miss

All five of those teams are really good. Most parity (at least at the top) that we’ve had in a long time.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Here is where I’m at right now

1. Texas
2. UGA
3. Vols
4. Bama
5. Ole Miss

All five of those teams are really good. Most parity (at least at the top) that we’ve had in a long time.

If I take my shit talking glasses off and put my real ones on, I have to keep UGA at 1. That game in Austin will be a big one.

Top Bottom