Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Carnivore Diet

Mvforau

Poster
4 years ago I started out on a strict keto diet. About 2 years ago I transitioned to what I would say is 99% carnivore diet. Heavy on ribeye and ground beef and eggs.

I have blood work done twice a year and everything comes back great. I am 42 and in the best shape of my life.

I work out, run on the mountains and do Jiu Jitsu. I’m not high level on any of that but am able to do all that with no issues. For me no negatives.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Genesis of thread the recent Rogan interview? Only about 30 mins in but has me intrigued.

Desperation really. Heard about this a year or two back because of Peterson’s daughter. I’ve been having a lot of health issues, battling certain demons, and I just feel like shit and hurt all the time.

Last Feb-Apr I did pretty good lifting and eating less than 100 carbs a day. I was making gains but the inflammation in my elbow and knees did me in and I fell off the wagon.

I’ve spent the last four days researching and reading experiences. So many have had huge success with many of the health problems I’m experiencing.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
4 years ago I started out on a strict keto diet. About 2 years ago I transitioned to what I would say is 99% carnivore diet. Heavy on ribeye and ground beef and eggs.

I have blood work done twice a year and everything comes back great. I am 42 and in the best shape of my life.

I work out, run on the mountains and do Jiu Jitsu. I’m not high level on any of that but am able to do all that with no issues. For me no negatives.

This is the kind of thing I’m seeing all the time. My sister knows a couple that did it and they said it helped their health a ton. I’m also 42 and headed for an early death at this rate

hornyleprechaun

Poster
Founder
I started keto in January and have noticed an improvement with my psoriasis/arthritis. My overall carb intake is < 10grams. I eat bacon/eggs, steaks, meatballs, sausage, avocados and other proteins. I'm going to start doing cold baths soon as I know that has helped others with inflammation.

Mvforau

Poster
This is the kind of thing I’m seeing all the time. My sister knows a couple that did it and they said it helped their health a ton. I’m also 42 and headed for an early death at this rate

What got me was a visit to my now health and wellness doctor. My results came back that I was borderline diabetic and he set me in this path. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

Those results really gave me laser focus on getting my diet straightened out.

I will say this type of eating is hard if you can’t or won’t eat the same thing day in day out. I have no problems doing that. My wife on the other hand can’t or won’t.

Good luck and I hope you find something that gets you to a better place.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
I started keto in January and have noticed an improvement with my psoriasis/arthritis. My overall carb intake is < 10grams. I eat bacon/eggs, steaks, meatballs, sausage, avocados and other proteins. I'm going to start doing cold baths soon as I know that has helped others with inflammation.

That’s great! I’ve considered spartan showers in the past but this mountain water is COLD.

I’ve had a stomach bug all weekend. Haven’t been able to eat a lot. I’m already in ketosis. Guess it’s a head start.

Once we complete the third day challenge we will get some veggies back in

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Went hard with Keto since the beginning of this year. I have done it before.

I had some cheating, but Keto + intermittent fasting is the bomb.

Most of the time for lunch I eat eat rotisserie chicken on a salad of just lettuce and spinach.

I add blue cheese and extra virgin olive oil.

The extra virgin olive oil is the thing that satiates my hunger.

I don't eat at night.

I am also drinking a ton of water.

So far it has been good and I have dropped lbs.

I believe the olive oil really helps me stick to it.

I do push ups during the day. I will break down and do 20 every hour or so until I do about 300, but I have to get back to the gym.

I was in a great rhythm before Covid and that fooked up my routine. Trying to get back on it.

If you are only eating lettuce and a little chicken, that is not enough calories. However, if you add olive oil to the salad that adds significant calories (enough to carry you) and those calories are just from healthy fats. Olive oil is anti-inflammatory also. That is my theory anyway.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

That’s great! I’ve considered spartan showers in the past but this mountain water is COLD.

I’ve had a stomach bug all weekend. Haven’t been able to eat a lot. I’m already in ketosis. Guess it’s a head start.

Once we complete the third day challenge we will get some veggies back in, some

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I’m not going to argue with any of you that want to just come and talk shit.

Anyone tried it? How did you feel? Positives? Negatives?
I did this several years ago and went into protein poisoning. That was some serious shit! I lost a lot of weight but it had other repercussions. Even the people living in the bush on the Alaskan shows like Life Below Zero will say they cannot live exclusively on meat.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
I did this several years ago and went into protein poisoning. That was some serious shit! I lost a lot of weight but it had other repercussions. Even the people living in the bush on the Alaskan shows like Life Below Zero will say they cannot live exclusively on meat.

How was your fat intake? From what I’ve read your fat should be high and protein moderate.

Rabbit starvation occurs when protein is high and fat is low.

Last edited:

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
How was your fat intake? From what I’ve read your fat should be high and protein moderate.

Rabbit starvation occurs when protein is high and fat is low.
I was doing Atkins (Keto) and had done it successfully before. This time I went too heavy into meat, bacon, eggs and not much more. Previously, I had included salads with some veggies. I didn't include the rabbit food this time.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Alright. We did week one on strict carnivore. Hell week is what it was. Had some alcohol withdrawal and the keto flu. Puking and shitting at the same time for three days. Felt fuggin’ awful.

Wife only had one bad day. Other than that she was just tired and drained. Both of us feeling really good since Saturday.

This week we are adding in some anti-inflammatory veggies in low moderation to make the meals more appetizing. This is the posture we plan to hold until we hit our goals. Overall, today was a good day tater.

Oh, my taste buds changed. I had two green olives today. I hate olives. But they tasted delicious. I don’t remember that happening when we did keto.

My joints feel really good. Even my most troubled ones feel better than they have in a long time. IBS has chilled out drastically compared to usual. Alcohol induced dementia seems to be improving by the day. Still waiting/hoping for some of the other benefits.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I have had real success on Keto this year. However, I have been under attack from these the past two weeks. It is an attack I tell you!!!!

I have stopped twice for these and consumed a whole bag each time! The Twizzler company is evil for putting these out.

If you can't sell heroin legally, it should not be legal to sell this shit.

ddf341a9-9b2b-4494-b2a1-9bdc09f380ca.fcc68c0b84702068fa9cf7f60b8ff86f.jpeg

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
I have had real success on Keto this year. However, I have been under attack from these the past two weeks. It is an attack I tell you!!!!

I have stopped twice for these and consumed a whole bag each time! The Twizzler company is evil for putting these out.

Those look delicious. Oreo’s are the devil too.

I dropped thirty pounds. Need to drop 20 more but haven’t got back on the wagon

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I had back chronic back pain. I read about some of the benefits and thought I'd try it. After about 3 weeks on the diet my back pain went away, and I lost about 5#. After 3 months I lost about 20#.

It gets old real quick though. Never thought I'd get tired of steak or fish but it happened. I did cheat occasionally with fruit after about month because I was going crazy with cravings. Other than tea and coffee all I drank was water too.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder

Fuck you for making me aware of these.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Fuck you for making me aware of these.
LOL, well there is some good news. I tried the key lime flavor and that particular flavor is disgusting. It taste like shit and I actually love key lime pie. It tastes nothing like actual key lime pie. They have this chemical taste.

However, the orange crème is every bit as good as it sounds. I mean they are every bit as good as they sound. I dare you to try and just take two out of the bag and quit. Can't be done.

The bastards at Walmart have the orange creme twizzlers right by the self checkouts. I have to hold the steering wheel straight not to turn into walmart. If I get into the parking lot, I am buying a bag of those bastards.

I also like how they put "Low Fat Snack" on the package. I guess that is better than "High as Fuck in Carbs"

e38ab9b9-0b95-4885-831d-5fe28b70fbc7.d9046a609e3fed3d51d167a610658ac2.jpeg

Last edited:

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
I had back chronic back pain. I read about some of the benefits and thought I'd try it. After about 3 weeks on the diet my back pain went away, and I lost about 5#. After 3 months I lost about 20#.

It gets old real quick though. Never thought I'd get tired of steak or fish but it happened. I did cheat occasionally with fruit after about month because I was going crazy with cravings. Other than tea and coffee all I drank was water too.

It helped me a lot. IBS pretty much went away, joint pain stopped, my elbow was so inflamed I couldn’t hold a cup of water straight out in front of me. Some of those things are creeping back in now that I’m off of it but I’ll get back on once we finally get to go back home.

Top Bottom