Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Car/Tire guys, need some help:

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Bought a VW golfwagen thru Carvana last year. Have a flat tire now and the lugnuts have a “lock” on them (see pic below)

the key to the lugnuts is not in the car. I called VW and they were no help. Anyone have any clue how to get these things off?

DDF1A9EF-823D-4E75-9E1A-0CF8909363C1.jpeg

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Also lol @ not checking this stuff out when you bought the car. Always check your spare and jack to make sure you can change a tire if needed.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Bought a VW golfwagen thru Carvana last year. Have a flat tire now and the lugnuts have a “lock” on them (see pic below)

the key to the lugnuts is not in the car. I called VW and they were no help. Anyone have any clue how to get these things off?

View attachment 69035
Looks like a star key. Hit autozone they make a piece to link on a rachet. There should be one somewhere in the car. Ck owners manual.
Pin hole in fuel line. Let car run until it ignites. Burn mother fucker burn.. collect insurance.Edmonds car values are up 42% as of last week.

HnstTune

Elite
Founder
Same thing happened to me but I don’t remember what I did. I think I bought something at autozone but it busted the locking nut. I just put standard lug nuts on after that.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
Ive gotten the wife two different sportwagens since 2015 and they’re great. First one was diesel and the second was a gasser I really miss the diesel but it was too much $ to pass up along with a brand new one that had 4x4.

But ya the lug nut key thing is pretty normal. Both VWs were brand new and had a key in the glovebox and a key with the spare tire stuff under the rear cargo. They’re usually shoved inside the styrofoam thing that the jack comes in right by the spare.
Most shops have their own lug keys for all makes but it sounds like ur a bit of a cuck that goes to the dealer to get raped with all their additional services that must be done at a certain mileage.

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Buy a tire repair kit on Amazon and plug it. They also sell mechanical tire inflators.

If it's a side wall puncture you'll unfortunately have to remove the tire.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Ive gotten the wife two different sportwagens since 2015 and they’re great. First one was diesel and the second was a gasser I really miss the diesel but it was too much $ to pass up along with a brand new one that had 4x4.

But ya the lug nut key thing is pretty normal. Both VWs were brand new and had a key in the glovebox and a key with the spare tire stuff under the rear cargo. They’re usually shoved inside the styrofoam thing that the jack comes in right by the spare.
Most shops have their own lug keys for all makes but it sounds like ur a bit of a cuck that goes to the dealer to get raped with all their additional services that must be done at a certain mileage.
you mean I donthave to replace my washer fluid, oil, filters And wiper blades every 2,500miles!!!?

damn I’m glad you told me that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom