Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CA Diesel Regulations

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Wife used to work for Penske and she used to come home so pissed over the bullshit DEF and how difficult it made keeping units live.

Congress needs to pass federal laws to regulate tractors (at least) so the California can’t fuck the whole country without recourse.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Wife used to work for Penske and she used to come home so pissed over the bullshit DEF and how difficult it made keeping units live.

Congress needs to pass federal laws to regulate tractors (at least) so the California can’t fuck the whole country without recourse.
Not following how congress regulating tractors can keep California from fucking the whole country

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder

So you want MORE federal over reach and regulations? Please tell me you are joking.

America 1st

Founder
Not following how congress regulating tractors can keep California from fucking the whole country
California’s state regs dominate the shipping industry because of the traffic in the state.

If they pass some sorta crazy reg (DEF for example) then the whole industry has to follow (essentially) because of the unpredictable nature of shipping and truck traffic.

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder

Have you ever considered NOT having an opinion on every topic that comes up?

America 1st

Founder
So you want MORE federal over reach and regulations? Please tell me you are joking.
No you would pass a law to set the standards (low) as a matter of national security to keep Cali from stymying the country with heavy-handed laws.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
Greatness leads.

This is one where you need to step back and shut up, or share some links about it.
California can do what they want, they will just have less interstate commercial traffic with the more regs they have, and it's pretty bad as it is now. Most trucking companies wont even go to Cal unless it includes an obscene amount of money .
The Def fluid being a part of the emissions is a federal regulation that started back in 2011 to meet the ridiculous standards set by the EPA, and it has been an absolute nightmare for the otr trucking industry. The technology starts to catch up with the regulation just as they make it more strict. Has absolutely destroyed and removed the small ma and pop companies because they cannot afford the trucks and the downtime. This does not even factor in the electronic logging that has been forced onto the transport industry and how much that has cost. The govt has successfully removed the little guy.
Could buy a brand new OTR fleet truck top of the line Kenworth for 93k in 2010. That same truck this year costs 168k.
Just shows that when the govt finds an industry that we have to have, they really put the squeeze on it and suck every penny they can out of it. They had to get rid of the little guys "outlaw truckers" to make it easier to regulate and keep complete control, and it's only going to get worse.

Last edited:

America 1st

Founder
This is one where you need to step back and shut up, or share some links about it.
California can do what they want, they will just have less interstate commercial traffic with the more regs they have, and it's pretty bad as it is now. Most trucking companies wont even go to Cal unless it includes an obscene amount of money .
The Def fluid being a part of the emissions is a federal regulation that started back in 2011 to meet the ridiculous standards set by the EPA, and it has been an absolute nightmare for the otr trucking industry. The technology starts to catch up with the regulation just as they make it more strict. Has absolutely destroyed and removed the small ma and pop companies because they cannot afford the trucks and the downtime. This does not even factor in the electronic logging that has been forced onto the transport industry and how much that has cost. The govt has successfully removed the little guy.
Could buy a brand new OTR fleet truck top of the line Kenworth for 93k in 2010. That same truck this year costs 168k.
Just shows that when the govt finds an industry that we have to have, they really put the squeeze on it and such every penny they can out of it. They had to get rid of the little guys "outlaw truckers" to make it easier to regulate and keep complete control, and it's only going to get worse.
No.

National security trumps state’s “doing what they want”.

Moving goods out of California is in the nation’s security interests (it effects the economy which is a massive part of national security). Google the stories about freighters being stacked up outside Port of LA and the amount of goods that go through there.

California likely leads the country in traffic although IDC to duckduck the stats.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
You know why yore Meta costs more?

Cuz every truck in the country has to match California’s regs to move.

Let’s make Metamucil great again?!

HappyFalseDrever-size_restricted.gif

champsballs

Elite
Founder
No.

Moving goods out of California is in the nation’s security interests (it effects the economy which is a massive part of national security). Google the stories about freighters being stacked up outside Port of LA and the amount of goods that go through there.

California likely leads the country in traffic although IDC to duckduck the stats.

Here is just one example:

Take another lap, wrong again. I think I'll go ahead and let you debate yourself on this I your own little world.
If anyone else is interested in the OP discussion I'll join in

America 1st

Founder
Take another lap, wrong again. I think I'll go ahead and let you debate yourself on this I your own little world.
If anyone else is interested in the OP discussion I'll join in
I’ll take that as you admitting defeat.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
I’ll take that as you admitting defeat.

You might be an actual retarded person. Not only was that article written for a middle school class to understand the basics of transportation, but it also backed up my claims that California has a shitload of regulations that no other state has. I'm a little curious if you can make yourself look anymore clueless and desperate.

America 1st

Founder
You might be an actual retarded person. Not only was that article written for a middle school class to understand the basics of transportation, but it also backed up my claims that California has a shitload of regulations that no other state has. I'm a little curious if you can make yourself look anymore clueless and desperate.
But that was my point…

champsballs

Elite
Founder
But that was my point…
No.

America 1st

Founder
Dear lord you're one desperate lonely sob. I think I'm replying out of pity because this is all you have.
You're Shit posting used to be a little amusing. But now it's coming off a little bit weird and very cringe.
Yore*

Top Bottom