Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buddy got a golf simulator. Took 5 shots for someone to miss the net and hot the ceiling

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
happy-gilmore-you-hit-that-guy.gif

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
My buddies dad got one years ago and broke the tv, the ceiling fan, 2 windows and countless clubs. It didn't help that his bar was in the basement with the simulator.
Yeah. We started at noon and by 4pm was about tanked and hitting shots all over the place. Then the kids came over and my buddies daughter missed the net and it ricochet off the steps. We had to use the duck and cover method from middle school.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
How much was it? Is it accurate?

Why did you miss the net?
Buddy works at fort Jackson. It was a 15k unit. Corporal is getting moved to another Base so we got it for 4k. I didn't miss the net. Buddy hit under a driver and hit it straight up. It's pretty accurate. Accounts for backspin side spin and other things.

We're playing Carnoustie and Pebble Beach tomorrow. Will update with more info

denn

Legendary
Founder
Buddy works at fort Jackson. It was a 15k unit. Corporal is getting moved to another Base so we got it for 4k. I didn't miss the net. Buddy hit under a driver and hit it straight up. It's pretty accurate. Accounts for backspin side spin and other things.

It’s pretty cool how far simulators have come. Great for night time practice and for us up north, the winter months.

Have fun destroying your buddies basement my friend! It’s completely worth it.

Taggart

Elite
Founder

The GC3 is a great simulator, but not a 15k unit... believe they go for 7k new. Still, 4 grand for one is a very good deal. Anyway, you should get the GSPRO software. They currently have over 500 courses and new courses are uploaded all the time... current course list is linked below. My buddy did the same thing w/ his driver... came over one time kinda drunk/high and hit the ceiling in the garage on his first swing.

https://simulatorgolftour.com/courses/

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Started the morning by burying some equipment in the creek. All in all solid day
View attachment 182795
I bet that was fun. I had a shit day 2 weeks ago. Coming over a bridge I must have hit a patch of nails or something. Tire blows out. I put the spare on. Jump in my truck. Front tire is dead also. Drove 1.5 miles on the rim. Had to get a new rim and 4 tires.
Nice tractor though

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
It’s pretty cool how far simulators have come. Great for night time practice and for us up north, the winter months.

Have fun destroying your buddies basement my friend! It’s completely worth it.

Can you recommend one? I have a media room that I use for nothing more than storage right now. I imagine it would be perfect for a simulator.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I've never broken at TV but I've seen Many tvs die horrible deaths. I've seen at least a dozen controllers thru screens.
I once had a wild dog named Peanut that did not like tvs on walls. Each time she ripped one down. I'd buy a bigger. I think it is a 48 or 52 now

Top Bottom