Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bond yields dropping again

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I did Nazi that coming

Also LOL at the image they used for the article. Had to squeeze in the pondering glasses-wearing black man and a couple vaccine vials - poetic to say the least

1625749201530.png

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Wonder what the implications of this are?

Just ANOTHER indicator that everything is overvalued? Or something else ...

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

What you thinking?

edit: as in big picture. I won’t hold you to it

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
What you thinking?

edit: as in big picture. I won’t hold you to it

I just think everything is overvalued right now. The government has pumped our economy full of steroids, i.e. free money.

There will be a cost to that free money, I just don't know what it is yet, nor when it will rear its ugly head. My most immediate concern is inflation and I see real estate as good a hedge as any. You will always value the roof over your head in proportion to other expenses. And with rentals or leases you can re-negotiate them usually on a yearly basis.

I'm not a big bond guy so don't know the implications of the junk bond market going below inflation. Here is a 5 year chart of junk bonds .... it seems pretty steady. So inflation rising is probably the bigger story in reference to the original post.

Acknowledging that this may be "Captain Obvious" but its my opinion that inflation is running a lot hotter than the official numbers being released.

1625925049391.png

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I just think everything is overvalued right now. The government has pumped our economy full of steroids, i.e. free money.

There will be a cost to that free money, I just don't know what it is yet, nor when it will rear its ugly head. My most immediate concern is inflation and I see real estate as good a hedge as any. You will always value the roof over your head in proportion to other expenses. And with rentals or leases you can re-negotiate them usually on a yearly basis.

I'm not a big bond guy so don't know the implications of the junk bond market going below inflation. Here is a 5 year chart of junk bonds .... it seems pretty steady. So inflation rising is probably the bigger story in reference to the original post.

Acknowledging that this may be "Captain Obvious" but its my opinion that inflation is running a lot hotter than the official numbers being released.

View attachment 31284
I’m hedged very well with RE. Not particularly worried about myself and I’m in good position to really profit off inflation, but have enough reserves to capitalize on a popped bubble scenario.

I’m worried about how much this financial experiment is going to fuck those with no real assets. And then the government is going to tax the middle class harder to push them down. I figured out how to side step a lot of bullshit taxation by running side businesses, but the lower and middle class is looking pretty fucked in the long term.

Tell_Sackett

Poster

One basic implication would be that the bond market is screaming inflation is highly transitory. I don't agree, but the BLS can smooth the CPI to whatever number strikes their fancy so they may be able to make it look transitory.

Rates in all bond asset classes should be way higher.

Capture+_2021-07-10-10-18-58~2.png

Top Bottom