Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blockchain and voting

Crich73

Poster
As I'm learning more and more about crypto and blockchain it seems like blockchain technology might solve voter fraud issues.

Please tell me what you guys feel about this, but its secure, and I would guess that elderly folks can have a blockchain ID assigned to them and get to vote by mail or in person.

No more mystery ballots or voter machine addons. Would be similar to SS# and the tabulation can't get messed with.

Tell me how you guys feel about this?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
As I'm learning more and more about crypto and blockchain it seems like blockchain technology might solve voter fraud issues.

Please tell me what you guys feel about this, but its secure, and I would guess that elderly folks can have a blockchain ID assigned to them and get to vote by mail or in person.

No more mystery ballots or voter machine addons. Would be similar to SS# and the tabulation can't get messed with.

Tell me how you guys feel about this?

Have thought the same thing.

It makes too much sense and Democrats won’t be able to cheat with it, so probably won’t happen.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Feels like a pipe dream with the current leadership in each of the parties.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Was listening to the X22 report from a couple of days ago and Dave had, what seemed like a guy as old as dirt. However he seemed smart as hell and as plugged in as any right now.
He spoke about BlockChain and basically summarized it as, once a BlockChain is installed on any digital item(software/hardware), it can not be altered in any way. He made it sound like the perfect protection for the digital world moving forward.
I'm not sure how long this technology has been around but it seems like it would certainly replace any Anti-virus programs that are out there. Almost like the miracle cure for computers/digital, but has been suppressed for various reasons.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Was listening to the X22 report from a couple of days ago and Dave had, what seemed like a guy as old as dirt. However he seemed smart as hell and as plugged in as any right now.
He spoke about BlockChain and basically summarized it as, once a BlockChain is installed on any digital item(software/hardware), it can not be altered in any way. He made it sound like the perfect protection for the digital world moving forward.
I'm not sure how long this technology has been around but it seems like it would certainly replace any Anti-virus programs that are out there. Almost like the miracle cure for computers/digital, but has been suppressed for various reasons.
So I scoffed at the crypto movement for years. And then finally this past year sat down to figure out what was really going on. It’s a very interesting tool, but I believe it needs to be reimagined for how it’s used. Of the things it can most help are trust and transparency. Trust and transparency are accomplished through things like complex encryption algorithms, publicly available ledgers, and general models of decentralization. The decentralization is important because if someone tries to cook the books it is glaringly obvious.

Once I started to see the functions, I started to look at crypto currencies each as their own digital countries in a way. They provide a means of facilitating a rapid complex "transaction-based” system for a community that decides to support it. And many of the crypto currencies function in a way that the ones that hold the specific currency govern the rules and regulations of that community.

However, due to these dangerous things that these cryptos enable, like trust and transparency, I imagine we see a big push back from global governments pretty soon. Fortunately the cats out of the bag, because at their essence, they are just uniquely-implemented algorithms and techniques.

Last edited:

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
Requiring people to show up at the polls and produce identification, along with paper ballots, has been a pretty foolproof method for a couple centuries.

The problem we have is a lack of will to have legitimate elections. That is not a problem that will be solved through layering on a new, complex system.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
The problem has been voter rolls not being purged since the millennium started. I was under the impression from a year orbso ago they had secured blockchain for this oast election. So wtf knows? Not me
Requiring people to show up at the polls and produce identification, along with paper ballots, has been a pretty foolproof method for a couple centuries.

The problem we have is a lack of will to have legitimate elections. That is not a problem that will be solved through layering on a new, complex system.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

This x 1000

No. I don't want some sorta big government approach to voting.

People need to sack up and get their state legs to implement paper ballots, with full audits post election and prior to certification (including the removal all ballots cast by the dead, out of state, ect). Increase the poll watchers, video the whole process, and never allow the counting to stop for any reason short of a nuke.

If 1980 had sacked up as opposed to getting cute with their fancy machines we wouldn't be in this mess.

Tech is the problem. More tech isn't going to fix the problem and it's definitely not going to make anyone more confident in the voting process.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
This x 1000

No. I don't want some sorta big government approach to voting.

People need to sack up and get their state legs to implement paper ballots, with full audits post election and prior to certification (including the removal all ballots cast by the dead, out of state, ect). Increase the poll watchers, video the whole process, and never allow the counting to stop for any reason short of a nuke.

If 1980 had sacked up as opposed to getting cute with their fancy machines we wouldn't be in this mess.

Tech is the problem. More tech isn't going to fix the problem and it's definitely not going to make anyone more confident in the voting process.

The reason I hate technocrats is they distill everything in life into a problem that they alone must solve for everyone.

I marvel at the response to "fixing" the election process with all sorts of complex and high-tech systems. 100% of the time the simple solution is preferable to the "clever" one. (see: towing a plane backwards instead of putting a reverse gear system on it).

Top Bottom