Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Biden wants to reopen schools quickly, but Teachers union aren't having it

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Now Dems want to reopen everything that Trump is out of office. Teachers are going to bitch and moan demand special pay and or get bailed out for coming back to work. LOL at the suburban moms that voted for Biden.

In Chicago, the nation's third-largest school district has until Saturday to vote on a collective union action on whether to effectively go on strike and refuse to return to classrooms on Monday - and would instead continuing to reach remotely. Over 80% of Chicago Teachers Union delegates support the resolution against the district's reopening plan, which requires elementary school teachers to begin working in person Monday for the first time since March. Approximately 70,000 students in kindergarten through eighth grade are preparing to return to school, while the union estimates around 10,000 educators are affected.

If the school district starts locking out staff who refuse to teach in-person classes, as they already have, the resolution authorizes a strike until a deal can be reached. That means all CPS staff, including high school teachers who have not been called back yet, would not log into their virtual classroom.
“Our members are resolved to continue working, teaching their students and doing so safely,” CTU President Sharkey said in a statement. “Only the mayor can force a strike, and if it comes to that, that’s her choice. We choose safety.” -WBEZ

Both the Chicago Sun Times editorial board and a Chicago Tribune Op-Ed from acclaimed Liberty Justice Center attorney Jeffrey Schwab vehemently oppose the Chicago Teachers Union resolution - with Schwab calling it "likely illegal."

After nearly a full academic year without students receiving in-person learning drawn out by CTU’s threats of illegal strikes — on top of 11 missed days of school in 2019 — it has become clear that kids are collateral damage for the union’s political and financial leverage. CPS leadership should hold fast in the face of these threats because they are illegal. Parents, meanwhile, need to let CTU know that they refuse to let their kids become victims to CTU’s unlawful tactics. -Jeffrey Schwab, via the Chicago Tribune
Elsewhere, teachers and their unions are questioning the overall plan, or lack thereof.

"Here you have the most lethal health emergency that we’ve had in 100 years, and there is so little guidance that everyone is doing different things," said Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, who added that a national strategy "costs money, it requires good management, and it requires working together."

Taggart

Elite
Founder
1*mppRR0mMXjHmjbsOgtScXg.png

Ostate4life

Poster
Homeschooling makes more sense now than ever before.

Not because of COVID, but because of the lower rung, screeching Marxists in our public school systems.
This is why it’s more important than ever that conservatives get involved in local elections, especially for school boards, and quit being solely focused on national elections

Molon Labe

MAGA Man
Founder
Now Dems want to reopen everything that Trump is out of office. Teachers are going to bitch and moan demand special pay and or get bailed out for coming back to work. LOL at the suburban moms that voted for Biden.

In Chicago, the nation's third-largest school district has until Saturday to vote on a collective union action on whether to effectively go on strike and refuse to return to classrooms on Monday - and would instead continuing to reach remotely. Over 80% of Chicago Teachers Union delegates support the resolution against the district's reopening plan, which requires elementary school teachers to begin working in person Monday for the first time since March. Approximately 70,000 students in kindergarten through eighth grade are preparing to return to school, while the union estimates around 10,000 educators are affected.

Both the Chicago Sun Times editorial board and a Chicago Tribune Op-Ed from acclaimed Liberty Justice Center attorney Jeffrey Schwab vehemently oppose the Chicago Teachers Union resolution - with Schwab calling it "likely illegal."

Elsewhere, teachers and their unions are questioning the overall plan, or lack thereof.

"Here you have the most lethal health emergency that we’ve had in 100 years, and there is so little guidance that everyone is doing different things," said Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, who added that a national strategy "costs money, it requires good management, and it requires working together."
Let those cunts eat their own.

Shithole city gonna shithole city.

Glad I am in the GOATexas

Yep, was texting with a buddy in NoVA today, and he mentioned that his kids being home was driving him nuts. Mentioned that mine started back Sept 8 of 2020, and I just finished eating at Lupe Tortilla after watching my son's basketball game inside a gym - with other people in it. I really don't think people understand the degree to which TX & FL are living life normally right now.

RHT 3

Elite
Public Employee Unions should be abolished. It's a shame that generally tax-payers have no idea what their taxes are wasted on.

I get why people hate some unions, because of shit like these sorry ass teachers.

But believe me when I say, you better be glad firemen and cops have them.

If you think cops act bad now, wait until they are working for peanuts because the cities aren't forced to negotiate.

Cops have a lot of power, and can ruin lives easily. I prefer cops to be well paid and happy.

Firemen are retards anyway so they don't count.

lucio

Poster
Founder

So finally. People are going to stop treating teachers like fucking heroes? They are fucking worthless pieces of shit. I mean most of them, not all of them

Rusty Strings

Poster
I get why people hate some unions, because of shit like these sorry ass teachers.

But believe me when I say, you better be glad firemen and cops have them.

If you think cops act bad now, wait until they are working for peanuts because the cities aren't forced to negotiate.

Cops have a lot of power, and can ruin lives easily. I prefer cops to be well paid and happy.

Firemen are retards anyway so they don't count.
I can see wisdom in that.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
So finally. People are going to stop treating teachers like fucking heroes? They are fucking worthless pieces of shit. I mean most of them, not all of them
There is no group of people who hold more responsibility for the sad state of America than teachers.

Swamp creatures are a close second.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

Of course he does. We have to get some serious school shootings going again to jump start the debate on taking guns away ASAP while they have complete control.

Top Bottom