Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Biden coming after cryptos (@America 1st was right again)

Chief_Trojan

Poster
Founder
dogecoin%20elon%20musk%20twitter.jpg

CadetHawk

Elite
Founder
Alrighty! Perfect opportunity for me too see if any of the brilliant minds here can help. What does this mean and how do I fix it. I have roughly $45 in my btc wallet and tried to make a purchase for $25. Are the fees more than the purchase?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210221-165934_BTC Wallet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210221-165934_BTC Wallet.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 10

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Alrighty! Perfect opportunity for me too see if any of the brilliant minds here can help. What does this mean and how do I fix it. I have roughly $45 in my btc wallet and tried to make a purchase for $25. Are the fees more than the purchase?
Many exchanges have bumped up the minimum amount of BTC purchased, sold, sent to complete the transaction

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
My holdings:

ADA
HBAR
ATOM
ETH

I like a bunch more and will be buying more on this dip.

Who is holding what and why do you like it?

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
Not sure why I was included ITT. I am a Non-Coiner.

My opinion: Crypto coins are just a confidence game who’s value is public. As the public disclosed value decreases or increases, their are buyers and sellers. The only value in any crypto is in its ability to be a value exchange. This value is directly controlled by who will exchange cyrpto for real currency.

Crypto is not an investment. Nothing like an equity. It not a business creating products. It’s only utility is that of a medium of exchange with extremely high volatility. And confidence.

I have played the craps tables and roulette, but it’s just for fun.

My only advice would be make sure you sell a bit of your crypto to insure that there is a path for you to exchange for real dollars that can be spent on mortgage, gas, food, etc. Otherwise, your digital currency is as valuable as a level 120 dark elf on WOW.

Any deposits over $10k to your bank are reported to the IRS. How do you show a cost basis on a crypto purchase and sell on your tax return. If you think that the IRS is not focused on crypto, you are naive.

Nothing is real until you have the cash in your hand.

Crich73

Poster
My holdings:

ADA
HBAR
ATOM
ETH

I like a bunch more and will be buying more on this dip.

Who is holding what and why do you like it?

Right now I have

Btc, biggest percentage around 35%
Link, around 30%
Eth, around 15%
Zrx, around 10%
Xlm, around 10%

I was on binance but as we know assets froze in US.
I had several coins there.

Omg,
Hbar,
Lto,
Srm,
Matic,
Ceb
Xrp

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

My opinion: Crypto coins are just a confidence game who’s value is public. As the public disclosed value decreases or increases, their are buyers and sellers. The only value in any crypto is in its ability to be a value exchange. This value is directly controlled by who will exchange cyrpto for real currency.

Crypto is not an investment. Nothing like an equity. It not a business creating products. It’s only utility is that of a medium of exchange with extremely high volatility. And confidence.

My only advice would be make sure you sell a bit of your crypto to insure that there is a path for you to exchange for real dollars that can be spent on mortgage, gas, food, etc. Otherwise, your digital currency is as valuable as a level 120 dark elf on WOW.

Any deposits over $10k to your bank are reported to the IRS. How do you show a cost basis on a crypto purchase and sell on your tax return. If you think that the IRS is not focused on crypto, you are naive.

Just a poster I saw comment in dancing.

Good thoughts tho!

America 1st

Founder
@Hoppo

Tagging you here since you said something in dancing.

To your point tho event 'fiat' is based on resources. Petro, gold, silver, or the goods and services involved in an economy are just a few examples.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
In for later.

Good way to think of Crypto or Coin by the way is like a movie on Netflix. It’s distributed to everyone in the same form, has a common thread and history and plot so we can discuss it and agree on certain points

That’s just a good way I’ve heard it been explained for a layman just getting started

JordanPetersHorn

Founder

You’re forgetting the utility of insulation from government fuckery and the general fraud of centralized currencies but I don’t really disagree with u at all here

America 1st

Founder
You’re forgetting the utility of insulation from government fuckery and the general fraud of centralized currencies but I don’t really disagree with u at all here
This has already proven not true. Just one example.

Also it's not the currencies you have a problem with but the central banks that issues currencies.

Remove the central banks and currencies have a chance to return to their best form.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
This has already proven not true. Just one example.

Also it's not the currencies you have a problem with but the central banks that issues currencies.

Remove the central banks and currencies have a chance to return to their best form.
That’s not a good example since it looked like the dude just lost his keys in the first place which is why they can’t account for those coins

https://quillette.com/2021/02/21/can-governments-stop-bitcoin/

Here’s a more comprehensive Article about why Gov can’t stop it

America 1st

Founder
That’s not a good example since it looked like the dude just lost his keys in the first place which is why they can’t account for those coins

https://quillette.com/2021/02/21/can-governments-stop-bitcoin/

Here’s a more comprehensive Article about why Gov can’t stop it
Your article seems to suggest there would be many easy ways to drop it like a hot potato.

I think we are at that agree to disagree phase but I appreciate the article and all the back and forth we've had!

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
I think a lot of people are failing to see how deep the IRS has already got it's hands into crypto. There is going to be massive tax revenue from short term capital gains taxes on crypto trades.
That’s why they’re leaning more toward integration of crypto than the pure expulsion of it. More money to be gained and a lot easier in the short term

America 1st

Founder
You do understand that TRUST is a pillar of Block-Chain - You can't do fuckery with it - it's immutable.

The fact that you have yet to grasp this fact is shocking and not shocking at the same time.
This simply isn't true.

We've already proven it can be fucked with and is already manipulated in countless ways.

America 1st

Founder
Being immutable isn't even a benefit in most real world applications. Would never want any part of my info put on blockchain (I don't trust government or corporations). All these points hold even more true today.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
This simply isn't true.

We've already proven it can be fucked with and is already manipulated in countless ways.
There’s a difference between the coin itself can be fucked with and government doing what they can to stop it

And after reading into it more yesterday you even need to step back on the policing the exchanges point. There are peer to peer exchanges that can be done through tors where the government would have zero way to shut it down

America 1st

Founder
Im trying very hard to follow this. Where does Bitcoins' value come from? How is it mined and found. What is backing the bitcoin?
Tagged you in here so people don't flip out.

Here watch this to start:

Then read my aboves, along with Jordan and Mortgage's posts.

America 1st

Founder
There’s a difference between the coin itself can be fucked with and government doing what they can to stop it

And after reading into it more yesterday you even need to step back on the policing the exchanges point. There are peer to peer exchanges that can be done through tors where the government would have zero way to shut it down
Agree to disagree.

The tors exchange doesn't change anything if whatever crypto you're trading in has no real world application (like can't be converted to money or resources) which is what every government controls and can change in the blink of an eye.

America 1st

Founder
@sanfordipa

Tagging you in since you just brought it up in dancing.

The great irony of cryptos is they're even more fiat than "fiat" currencies.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Sharing a fun crypto story. I got a new phone a few months ago and neglected to consider that I would lose my 2FA connection that I have set up with all of my accounts. I was able to activate new 2FA codes on Gemini, Coinbase and Bittrex fairly easily. I had opened up a Kucoin(South Korean exchange) account to buy DRGN about 3 years ago. They had all of these odd requirements to prove my identity in order to get access to my account again and it took a couple of months to get everything squared away and for them to grant access to me. Logged in this morning for the first time and found that I had more than a half of a BTC that I wasn't expecting. Nice little Friday morning windfall given the current price of BTC.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Sharing a fun crypto story. I got a new phone a few months ago and neglected to consider that I would lose my 2FA connection that I have set up with all of my accounts. I was able to activate new 2FA codes on Gemini, Coinbase and Bittrex fairly easily. I had opened up a Kucoin(South Korean exchange) account to buy DRGN about 3 years ago. They had all of these odd requirements to prove my identity in order to get access to my account again and it took a couple of months to get everything squared away and for them to grant access to me. Logged in this morning for the first time and found that I had more than a half of a BTC that I wasn't expecting. Nice little Friday morning windfall given the current price of BTC.
Very nice!

America 1st

Founder
That's tits!

Wish I could find 25k in my proverbial jean pocket lol

You buying the first round now when we get to Vegas?

Top Bottom