Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Beef Wellington. Whose made one before? Updating with Pics..

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
a couple tips:

Salt and dry age the tenderloin in the fridge for max 24 hours. Turn every 8 hours. You want to remove excess water and concentrate the flavor.

Make sure you cook the mushrooms to very well done. Cut small before the saute. You want to remove as much water from the ingredients as possible. After cooking, Let them drain well in a fine sieve strainer to remove any excess oil and water. Well coooked mushrooms do not loose flavor, they concentrate flavor along with more umami tones. Mushrooms also shrink a lot because of water loss, so start with more mushrooms than you think you need. If you have leftover cooked mushrooms, serve them the next day warmed and spread on toasted French bread.

These tips will help insure that you don’t end up with a soggy puff pastry container.

Post pics.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I tried and failed OP. It was a fun failure though as I went to what I’m good at, seafood.

And I failed in inexplicable fashion. Those white pigeons known as seagulls had the best meal of their lives.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
I am interested to find out how the blended mushrooms taste. Mushrooms have a similar enzyme in their cell walls to onions and garlic. The more the cell walls are cut, the spicier the onion or garlic. I have blended raw mushrooms before and did not like the result. The cooking did not reduce the raw onion bite to them. I never tried it again. If I need to blend them, then I blend them after the sauté.

How did they taste?

catreaper

Master Baiter
I am interested to find out how the blended mushrooms taste. Mushrooms have a similar enzyme in their cell walls to onions and garlic. The more the cell walls are cut, the spicier the onion or garlic. I have blended raw mushrooms before and did not like the result. The cooking did not reduce the raw onion bite to them. I never tried it again. If I need to blend them, then I blend them after the sauté.

How did they taste?
No idea yet. Dealing with power issues and the oven going off and on. Hopefully it doesn’t fuck the temps up too much.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
How did it taste OP? And I don’t know how anyone could not taste sautéed mushrooms while you are cooking.

Top Bottom