Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BBQ joint thread

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Any Greenville/Spartanburg recs? I'm moving back home to Spartanburg next weekend, after being gone for about 25 years...not alot of great Q in Spartanburg, but do plan to try Bearded Bros BBQ as well as tons of Greenville spots. Never had BBQ anywhere in Greenville.

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
I’m from Tuscaloosa. Most people know about Dreamland…and yeah, the original is pretty good, but the best in Tuscaloosa is Archibald’s

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
May be the best burger in the midlands and they (Maurices) have some tasty onion rings too.

I buy their original BBQ sauce by the case when I'm there and use it when I cook BBQ chicken.

I will eat any style of pork bbq but mustard is my least favorite of the main 3...but it is delicious on chicken, I concur.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
May be the best burger in the midlands and they (Maurices) have some tasty onion rings too.

I buy their original BBQ sauce by the case when I'm there and use it when I cook BBQ chicken.

Hard to believe the best burger in the midlands might be a mediocre bbq place, but I think you are correct.

Haven't lived in Columbia in about a decade, but from my time there I don't recall a better burger, off the top of my head. Not Rockaways, not Edna's(RIP), surely not Rosewood Dairy Bar, or any of the other supposed great spots. Maurice's might be the best.

Hard to believe the best burger in the midlands might be a mediocre bbq place, but I think you are correct.

Haven't lived in Columbia in about a decade, but from my time there I don't recall a better burger, off the top of my head. Not Rockaways, not Edna's(RIP), surely not Rosewood Dairy Bar, or any of the other supposed great spots. Maurice's might be the best.
I've been gone 30 years but there are 3 places I go back to. Zesto, Rush's, and Maurice's.

Astragalus

Poster
Founder

I've been gone 30 years but there are 3 places I go back to. Zesto, Rush's, and Maurice's.
I’ve never tried a burger from Maurice’s. Now you’ve got my curiosity piqued. Gonna have to try one. My personal favorite is Pawley’s Front Porch in Five Points.

I’ve never tried a burger from Maurice’s. Now you’ve got my curiosity piqued. Gonna have to try one. My personal favorite is Pawley’s Front Porch in Five Points.
They used to have a beefalo burger that was half Buffalo and half beef. It was pretty good too.

Reading your earlier post brought back some old, old memories. Had not thought about Edna's, #1 or #2, in a long while.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
OH SHIT BOYS! Buc-ees bbq sandwich is on its way straight from Florence. Friend is coming into town and she stopping.
hallelujah-praise.gif

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
kinda-iffy.gif
OH SHIT BOYS! Buc-ees bbq sandwich is on its way straight from Florence. Friend is coming into town and she stopping.
View attachment 167280

View attachment 167280

Viking

Legendary
Founder

Haven‘t been to Sweatmans in years, but it’s fantastic. Used to go hunting in Vance, SC some. Would always stop by.
The shield maiden has kin out that way. We make a point to bring back all we can. Love their hash too. Fudge, i got the munchies and the only good q up here is two hours to seward. Texss boy doing it up right. If you ever in Seward check him out. SKOL!

Viking

Legendary
Founder
Bessinger's in Mt. Pleasant has a legit burger. I get a double with fries and call it good.

Top Bottom