Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bakhmut

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
@PeytonMooning

Ukraine war: Bakhmut 'not occupied' by Russia, says defiant Zelensky​

Related Topics
Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky
IMAGE SOURCE,EPA
By Tessa Wong, James Waterhouse & Oliver Slow
Hiroshima, Kyiv, London

A defiant Volodymyr Zelensky has insisted Bakhmut "is not occupied" by Russia after a Moscow-backed mercenary group had claimed control.
Ukraine's president was speaking during a scene-stealing visit to Hiroshima, Japan, for the G7 summit.
Wagner founder Yevgeny Prigozhin had earlier claimed victory in Bakhmut.

Last edited:

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
You mean the strategically meaningless town that took Russia over six months and 20k lives to capture?

And it wasn't even the Russian military technically, it was a private military company.

I'm not impressed, especially if regular Russian troops get surrounded in Bakhmut. Russia's military leadership is completely incompetent. They don't even tell Putin the truth about what's going on while they line their pockets with military funds and leave Russian troops undersupplied.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
You mean the strategically meaningless town that took Russia over six months and 20k lives to capture?

And it wasn't even the Russian military technically, it was a private military company.

I'm not impressed, especially if regular Russian troops get surrounded in Bakhmut. Russia's military leadership is completely incompetent. They don't even tell Putin the truth about what's going on while they line their pockets with military funds and leave Russian troops undersupplied.
Half the money we sent Ukraine has been stolen...

Emma tenywa

Elite
@PeytonMooning

Ukraine war: Bakhmut 'not occupied' by Russia, says defiant Zelensky​

Related Topics
Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky
IMAGE SOURCE,EPA
By Tessa Wong, James Waterhouse & Oliver Slow
Hiroshima, Kyiv, London

A defiant Volodymyr Zelensky has insisted Bakhmut "is not occupied" by Russia after a Moscow-backed mercenary group had claimed control.
Ukraine's president was speaking during a scene-stealing visit to Hiroshima, Japan, for the G7 summit.
Wagner founder Yevgeny Prigozhin had earlier claimed victory in Bakhmut.
He's now a puppet who wull never accept defeat or a truce

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
I find it interesting that Bakhmut became strategically unimportant the moment it finally fell.

It’s just as interesting that the fact is this battleground was encircled for months under constant heavy shelling in a cauldron formation by an army that had no ammunition, armed with only shovels, & the defenders somehow managed to lose this strategically unimportant city after pouring brigade after brigade into it under that constant shelling with little to no losses.

It’s amazing

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
I find it interesting that Bakhmut became strategically unimportant the moment it finally fell.

It's always been strategically unimportant. NATO was advising Ukraine to retreat from the area months ago. Bakhmut is low ground, just West of the city the land elevates and it's much easier to defend. Ukraine's policy is to not give up territory unless absolutely necessary. Although there may be some strategy involved with them trying to bog Russian troops down while they were waiting on Western aid.

If you are just now hearing that Bakhmut is strategically unimportant, you haven't been paying attention.

The vast majority of the aid NATO is sending Ukraine is arms. Any money sent to them is being spent on weapons and ammunition. Ukraine is the most corrupt country in Europe, so of course there's fuckery afoot. Our Lord and Savior Zelensky has actually sacked people for corruption, over charging the military for food and taking money, which blew my mind when I read it. Zelensky knows that's the key to becoming the supreme leader of the one world government I'm assuming.

Am I doing it right?

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
It's always been strategically unimportant. NATO was advising Ukraine to retreat from the area months ago. Bakhmut is low ground, just West of the city the land elevates and it's much easier to defend. Ukraine's policy is to not give up territory unless absolutely necessary. Although there may be some strategy involved with them trying to bog Russian troops down while they were waiting on Western aid.

If you are just now hearing that Bakhmut is strategically unimportant, you haven't been paying attention.

The vast majority of the aid NATO is sending Ukraine is arms. Any money sent to them is being spent on weapons and ammunition. Ukraine is the most corrupt country in Europe, so of course there's fuckery afoot. Our Lord and Savior Zelensky has actually sacked people for corruption, over charging the military for food and taking money, which blew my mind when I read it. Zelensky knows that's the key to becoming the supreme leader of the one world government I'm assuming.

Am I doing it right?
not sure if youre doing it right or not.

Jtrain80

Legendary

It’s just as interesting that the fact is this battleground was encircled for months under constant heavy shelling in a cauldron formation by an army that had no ammunition, armed with only shovels, & the defenders somehow managed to lose this strategically unimportant city after pouring brigade after brigade into it under that constant shelling with little to no losses.

It’s amazing

Bin Laden
Gaddafi
Hussein

We supplied each with weapons, then killed them. Best of luck to Zelensky. I bet he lives lives a long and peaceful life.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

Am I doing it right?
We know they are weapons. the point is that those weapons have been turning up in western Eurpope, Africa, the Middle East and the far East. You realize people can sell weapons on the black market right?

Goldhedge

Legendary

War Analysis​

Introduction
Olympus has fallen. That is a very good description of what happened on May 20th. A milestone event. Which milestone? Well, I pointed out in this article how the Russian strategy could potentially look. And I also defined the battle around Artemovsk as one of five milestones.

Okay again, not Olympus but Artemovsk has fallen. Which is a key event after General Valery Gerasimov nominally took over control of the SMO in January 2023.

It has plenty of major implications. And I’m going to go through them in this article along with several other topics.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

War Analysis​

Introduction
Olympus has fallen. That is a very good description of what happened on May 20th. A milestone event. Which milestone? Well, I pointed out in this article how the Russian strategy could potentially look. And I also defined the battle around Artemovsk as one of five milestones.

Okay again, not Olympus but Artemovsk has fallen. Which is a key event after General Valery Gerasimov nominally took over control of the SMO in January 2023.

It has plenty of major implications. And I’m going to go through them in this article along with several other topics.

Govt are throwing so much that zelensky way bc Ukraine was the honey pot. Don't believe anyone

Goldhedge

Legendary
Give this a listen at 1.5X
very informative

John Mearsheimer Ukraine Salon​

The Biden Administration is engulfed in a staggeringly expensive folly in Ukraine with no forseeable good outcomes. The Committee hosted University of Chicago Professor John Mearsheimer the week after the Russian invasion fourteen months ago. That zoom salon had 1,136,000 views. The Committee has invited John to return -- this time in person.

John will argue twin themes: First, we are in a war where both sides – Ukraine and the West versus Russia – see the other as an existential threat. That makes a workable peace agreement beyond reach. The best possible outcome is a frozen conflict that is likely to have a variety of terrible consequences. The worst possible outcome is a nuclear war, which is unlikely but cannot be ruled out. Second, Russia is going to win the war, although it is not going to decisively defeat Ukraine. It will end up, however, conquering a large swath of Ukrainian territory and making it part of Russia, while at the same time turning Ukraine into a dysfunctional rump state.

The Committee would not be holding this salon over Ukraine if we had been faithful to constitutional processes. The systematic provision of $113 billion in military assistance to Ukraine in its war with Russia makes the United States a co-belligerent requiring a congressional declaration. But no co-belligerency declaration has been initiated by Congress nor sought by President Joe Biden. If Congress were required to vote, it would balk at co-belligerency as it balked in 2013 when President Barack Obama asked for a declaration of war against Syria and as it balked in 1999 when President Bill Clinton asked for a declaration of war against Serbia.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
We know they are weapons. the point is that those weapons have been turning up in western Eurpope, Africa, the Middle East and the far East. You realize people can sell weapons on the black market right?

This is my argument against a gun ban. You can take away every firearm in the US and it won't stop gun violence. The Cartels would simply fill the void and you'd have alcohol prohibition 2.0.

Of course weapons are sold on the black market. The US government supplies all kinds of crazy mother fuckers with weapons. How much shit did we leave behind in Afghanistan?

I never agreed to supply Ukraine. Especially since we're in deeper than Europe when they're the next one in the crosshairs.

It is pertinent to the discussion of @PeytonMooning
being half tardo

I'm not the one picking sides because I hate the current POTUS. You're just as triggered as dems in 2016. I'm just a neutral observer. I really don't give a shit if Ukraine is bad and Russia is trying to save ethnic Russians (who just invaded Russia btw). I will say that this board spits Russian propaganda. Of course there's Ukrainian propaganda and our media regurgitates a lot of that shit, but I've seen Russian propaganda repeated here that is straight from Putin's titty.

Other than that bullshit that I really don't care about, it's not difficult to figure out what's going on battlefield wise. One side will claim this or that but it gets confirmed soon enough. Like right now with the Russian ship.

Also if you'll remember I said Russia would take Bakhmut. It just took way longer than I predicted. So get off my nuts because I'm not cheering for one side or the other.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
This is my argument against a gun ban. You can take away every firearm in the US and it won't stop gun violence. The Cartels would simply fill the void and you'd have alcohol prohibition 2.0.

Of course weapons are sold on the black market. The US government supplies all kinds of crazy mother fuckers with weapons. How much shit did we leave behind in Afghanistan?

I never agreed to supply Ukraine. Especially since we're in deeper than Europe when they're the next one in the crosshairs.

I'm not the one picking sides because I hate the current POTUS. You're just as triggered as dems in 2016. I'm just a neutral observer. I really don't give a shit if Ukraine is bad and Russia is trying to save ethnic Russians (who just invaded Russia btw). I will say that this board spits Russian propaganda. Of course there's Ukrainian propaganda and our media regurgitates a lot of that shit, but I've seen Russian propaganda repeated here that is straight from Putin's titty.

Other than that bullshit that I really don't care about, it's not difficult to figure out what's going on battlefield wise. One side will claim this or that but it gets confirmed soon enough. Like right now with the Russian ship.

Also if you'll remember I said Russia would take Bakhmut. It just took way longer than I predicted. So get off my nuts because I'm not cheering for one side or the other.
Do you think Col Douglas Macgregor is getting info from Russkies and not contacts in the military and nato?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

The only side I picked is truth. I don't think we should be all in anyone's shit. Ukraine is a slush fund for elites. If trumps kids were on their burisma board I'd be against that too
You don't even realize how the media is falsifying the action on the ground.
I didn't believe the media under Trump or now. I quit after 9/11.

Jtrain80

Legendary
So.... Ukraine is drone striking Moscow and having excursions into Russia. I hear people saying that they shouldn't be attacking Russia.

Am I the only one that thinks it's a war and anything is on the table?

denn

Legendary
Founder
So.... Ukraine is drone striking Moscow and having excursions into Russia. I hear people saying that they shouldn't be attacking Russia.

That is one thing I will agree with Ukraine on if they are doing it. If Russia doesn't want them attacking within their borders, they should end the wat, otherwise it is fair game.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

It's their right. I just don't think they should be using stuff with an American flag and "made in the USA" on it while Victoria Nuland goes overseas and brags about doing targeting and surveillance for them...

Then the Lyndsey Graham types will get their wish and Russia will hit a target in the US and we go to real war.

Jtrain80

Legendary
It's their right. I just don't think they should be using stuff with an American flag and "made in the USA" on it while Victoria Nuland goes overseas and brags about doing targeting and surveillance for them...

Then the Lyndsey Graham types will get their wish and Russia will hit a target in the US and we go to real war.

Fair point.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

They did nothing it like japs flying soul candles like @ChingChongDingDong The Ruskies are denazifying

Last edited:
I was thinking about the kamikaze pilots of WW2 the other day. Wonder how pissed they are seeing the UAVs replacing them. No sacrifice, no honor.
Were there kamikaze pilots that survived after slamming their plane into a U.S. ship and then exploding into flames?

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

This guy has been good since the war started. He lays out what we could see in the weeks ahead. Good breakdown of units and defensive positions.

Top Bottom