Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone own a VRBO? Help needed in Ft Worth

Pete_Cawthon

Elite
Founder
I'm looking at buying a place in Fort Worth. I work there most of the week and would like to rent it out on the weekends.

I'm curious as to what works best; 1/1 or 2/2?

Should I be in Sundance Square, Medical District, by TCU (gross), or does it really matter since a renter is probably going to Uber everywhere anyway? House or condo? Pool, does it matter?

Would you recommend a management company?

What other pitfalls am I not thinking of?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I own two properties that I Airbnb. One full time and one part time to cover the bills.

I really enjoy it. It’s a little bit of work, but mainly just communicating with guests and cleaners, so pretty easy.

One of my places is a 2 bed 2 bath and crushes Airbnb. Always booked and prices are high, good for me.

The other one I keep priced on the high end only dropping price when I want a rental.

I pay someone 25% to manage it because I don’t live close by. That makes it an average investment for me, but it would be a great investment if I lived close by and could manage myself.

I don’t know anything about your specific area, but have had good success with Airbnb overall. Had over 150 guests, let me know if I can answer any questions

biglandowski

Poster
We rent our basement out on Air Bnb, only advice I have is find an area that people want to go without a lot of hotels. Roswell GA has like 50 wedding venues and lots of festivals (pre covid) and zero hotels downtown so we are under a mile walk so we gave it a shot. Basement is a 1/1 with a wet bar, no kitchen. It also has a pretty nice gym and great TV set up. We average about 1K a month.

Top Bottom