Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anybody else sitting their ass in a tractor for the next month?

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
ANFStateCJ-e1404155182732.jpg

TJHall1

Legendary
I’ve never killed anything bigger than 140’s. So 150 and up is a monster to me haha. Do you hunt?
I used to pheasant hunt all the time. Used to deer hunt every year with a big group. Haven't done either for a few years because of various things/work. I love it tho. When I was in high school we used to get out of school on Fridays before football games and 2-3 of us would go shoot our limits in an hour or hour and a half and get back to the school to get ready for the game. Numbers have died off a lot in the last 10-15 years but seem to be making a comeback.

Deer are pretty good sized around here with all the corn and soybeans, there's just not a lot of cover for them anymore around here with the farmers using every inch of ground. Still a lot of them and good sized. My dad has one mounted that I think was 175 maybe. I'll take a picture and post. It's tiny tho compared to some of the 200+ ones shot in eastern/southern iowa.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I’ve never killed anything bigger than 140’s. So 150 and up is a monster to me haha. Do you hunt?
Still hugo deer but I fuck around in the woods not really hunting w my coon hound. Built I've seen some 10-12 monster swamp bucks from huger to mtp

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
@TJHall1 was just thinking back to this thread and am curious how the harvest was for you? How are the supply chains working for you to get your harvest out to market? Genuinely interested and hoping you had a profitable season.

TJHall1

Legendary
@TJHall1 was just thinking back to this thread and am curious how the harvest was for you? How are the supply chains working for you to get your harvest out to market? Genuinely interested and hoping you had a profitable season.
It went great. Stayed dry except for a couple days. No major machine breakdowns. Had a little bit of wind damage on some corn, but not bad. All in all this was about as good as you could ask for.

Our town/community is small and we haul to 3 different coops, so we don't have any bullshit to deal with as far as market. Only problem we had was hauling to a certain feed mill and the line was so fuckin long it wasn't worth it, even for the higher prices.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
It went great. Stayed dry except for a couple days. No major machine breakdowns. Had a little bit of wind damage on some corn, but not bad. All in all this was about as good as you could ask for.

Our town/community is small and we haul to 3 different coops, so we don't have any bullshit to deal with as far as market. Only problem we had was hauling to a certain feed mill and the line was so fuckin long it wasn't worth it, even for the higher prices.

Great to hear, brother.

Top Bottom