Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ambulance Cost

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Yeah I keep getting Neuro over ortho suggestions as well. I just want to do the best thing I can for my future health, but at this point I’m ready to do it ASAP. Interesting balancing act.

I may have missed it, but you still have not had an MRI to really see what you are dealing with, correct?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I had an MRI back in August/September. Showed a herniated disc. But I haven’t had a new MRI since Thursday.

Gotcha. Chronic back pain is the worst. Hope you get some relief soon!

I feel like I can never complain about back pain around here...a few years back my next door neighbor & good friend fell 15 feet off a roof & landed on his back on concrete steps, at around 50 years old, breaking several vertebrae and shattering his tail bone amongst other things.

Another good buddy was almost killed in a car wreck in his mid-50s. The engine of his pickup shoved one of his femurs through his hip socket, shattering it in the process and breaking his leg in several places. His rotator cuff was torn, being pulled from his truck as it was engulfing him in flames...and neither one of those guys ever complain, even as they struggle to get out of bed some days. Neither one is on disability either, both work. So I figure it could always be much worse & I really shouldn't complain.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

I feel like I can never complain about back pain around here...a few years back my next door neighbor & good friend fell 15 feet off a roof & landed on his back on concrete steps, at around 50 years old, breaking several vertebrae and shattering his tail bone amongst other things.

Another good buddy was almost killed in a car wreck in his mid-50s. The engine of his pickup shoved one of his femurs through his hip socket, shattering it in the process and breaking his leg in several places. His rotator cuff was torn, being pulled from his truck as it was engulfing him in flames...and neither one of those guys ever complain, even as they struggle to get out of bed some days. Neither one is on disability either, both work. So I figure it could always be much worse & I really shouldn't complain.

Holy shit, sounds like neither one of those guys should be alive!

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Unbelievable respect for people like that

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Holy shit, sounds like neither one of those guys should be alive!

The dude that fell off the roof was blowing the gutters, and that backpack/blower probably saved his life. In addition to his broken bones, concussion, etc, he degloved basically the whole lower half of his body! That is when your skin is seperated from the muscle/bones/deeper tissue below. Cannot imagine that pain, but probably pales in comparison to a broken back.

The guy in the car wreck is insanely lucky to be alive. He was driving home one night in the middle of nowhere, rural SC. As he came around a turn, there was a load of pipes lying in the road. He either swerved around or skidded over the pipes, into a concrete piling for a railroad trussel. In addition to the horrible iniuries I mentioned earlier, the dash being pushed in also pinned him in the truck. Both the cab doors were also stuck shut.

As he is sitting there trying to figure out what he is going to do, the truck catches fire! He absolutely could not get his legs free, or his door open. Told me he had accepted the fact that he was going to burn to death, and never see his family again. Then out of nowhere, 2 guys pulled up and ran to help him. They somehow had a pry bar in their truck, and were able to get his door open. They had to yank so hard to get him out, as the fire grew bigger, that they tore his shoulder all to shit.

He loves telling the story of how all the Drs thought he had had a heart attack, because of his labs. He installs alarm systems for a living, and had been electrocuted earlier that day somehow. Son of a bitch just shook it off & kept working, but ended up in the hospital later for the accident.

Weird thing is, he and his family have asked around, & this is a very small rural area, and no one knows who the guys who stopped to help him were. He has wondered if they were guardian angels, or something like that. Who knows, but they 100% saved his life that night.

The dude that fell off the roof was blowing the gutters, and that backpack/blower probably saved his life. In addition to his broken bones, concussion, etc, he degloved basically the whole lower half of his body! That is when your skin is seperated from the muscle/bones/deeper tissue below. Cannot imagine that pain, but probably pales in comparison to a broken back.

The guy in the car wreck is insanely lucky to be alive. He was driving home one night in the middle of nowhere, rural SC. As he came around a turn, there was a load of pipes lying in the road. He either swerved around or skidded over the pipes, into a concrete piling for a railroad trussel. In addition to the horrible iniuries I mentioned earlier, the dash being pushed in also pinned him in the truck. Both the cab doors were also stuck shut.

As he is sitting there trying to figure out what he is going to do, the truck catches fire! He absolutely could not get his legs free, or his door open. Told me he had accepted the fact that he was going to burn to death, and never see his family again. Then out of nowhere, 2 guys pulled up and ran to help him. They somehow had a pry bar in their truck, and were able to get his door open. They had to yank so hard to get him out, as the fire grew bigger, that they tore his shoulder all to shit.

He loves telling the story of how all the Drs thought he had had a heart attack, because of his labs. He installs alarm systems for a living, and had been electrocuted earlier that day somehow. Son of a bitch just shook it off & kept working, but ended up in the hospital later for the accident.

Weird thing is, he and his family have asked around, & this is a very small rural area, and no one knows who the guys who stopped to help him were. He has wondered if they were guardian angels, or something like that. Who knows, but they 100% saved his life that night.
Holy cow. That’s super intense.

I hear ya, I hear ya… I’ll quit whining. 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom