Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alice In Chains fans...

Cotton Hill

Elite
Founder
There is very little AIC that I don't like. Dirt, Jar of Flies, and obviously AIC Unplugged get most of the attention, but for some reason I like Alice and Chains (album) and Facelift the best.

Pro Tip: Check out Jerry Cantrell solo stuff if you haven't already.

Belezabro

Elite
Dirt, Jar of Flies, and Sap are on constant rotation for me. I regularly listen to Flies and Sap first thing in the morning with headphones from my computer while starting work....both great early morning music. Dirt, is currently in my suv disc player. If you've ever delved (fairly) deep into the drug world, Junkhead describes it perfectly.

Edit: also, back in the day, I bought the music book for Jar of Flies to learn how to play the songs. First album (and really only album) I could play every song.

Go#10

Poster
They were supposed to open for Metallica and then he goes to rehab. We got stuck with candle box instead . Would have been a goat concert. Still pretty good but candle box can't replace Alice and chains!!

TJHall1

Legendary
giphy.gif

Loudog

Poster
Big AIC fan..stumbled across this Korn cover of Would? recently and really dig it. Also would say the Unplugged is my favorite album.

usecd

Poster
I google him this afternoon and read about his crazy drug use. Ir always amazes me how the tortured souls make some of the best music.

And it's not even close.

Lane was incredible(and higher than a giraffe's pussy) that night.
Yeah, watch the full video of Unplugged and you can see it...

Layne fucks up Sludge Factory. They all stop and restart the song...that’s when Layne takes his sunglasses off and you see his eyes are as pink as his hair haha

MegaPoke

Elite
Founder
The best band of that era. Their music would be great no matter when it came out. Sabbath DNA.

The thing that sets them apart and makes them hard to cover is the vocal harmonies between Staley and Cantrell. Really unique and sets the mood perfectly by creating tension and working off the bass and melody with minor and major triads. Also though - the vocal tones of the two voices just blend end emote so powerfully it’s hard to replicate the pain and earnestness just by singing the same parts.

It’s really the secret sauce of why the music is better than great. Kind of like how Michael Anthony’s backing vocals were the secret sauce of the VH sound.

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
It’s really the secret sauce of why the music is better than great. Kind of like how Michael Anthony’s backing vocals were the secret sauce of the VH sound.

I just mis-read this and wondered why I never knew that Anthony Michael Hall was in Van Halen.

Tedneckerson

Poster
Founder
Here is some footage I took from stage at Rock N Rio when I toured with AIC IN 2013.

Top Bottom