Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Is that supposed to be 100,000.00 or 1,000,000.00?
Million dollar rebar job. We will get the steel mill to lock our buying prices in. Then they change or fuck up so we charge a premium on top. This'll be my 7th in 30 years. Navy Google stealth flight chip plant and other I can't speak off. We donate no cash to political organizations.
All I cN say is it not anything atomic

Last edited:

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
That's it? What do you take home?
It really depends job to job. Anywhere bw 30-60%
30-40% is our goal. But when you get to bigger jobs every fabrication shop will pad their number a min of 10%. 10% means you trust your number. It goes up from there if there is convoluted shit going on.
In 2001 I lost 100k on a job bc I missed an entire floor on the quote I submitted. I had it in my estimate but just left it out of the quote.
Our last 500 ton job we actually only used 412 tons. So we pocketed 88x2000 straight to our bottom line. But that is very rare. You should always be 10% up or down on a job to consider is correct tonnage

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
You'd all be surprised at how many government buildings and war rooms are under just about every cancer hospital in USA. They have radiation in use so guess what you can stash there. Same with water treatment plants.

We did a Google facility in 2004ish in an area near Charleston. Every senior partner (all my family) had to have a background check and get high classification clearance. I had to drive every delivery not our normal delivery guys. They would run mirrors and xray on every load.
Anyone who went to that facility had to do a polygraph I think it was every 60 days or 10th delivery. It was certainly more than just a Google storage center.

Another job was a car dealership. But the job went 7 stories below the dealership. The people on that job wouldn't speak to one another. I'd make jokes and shit during offloading. All I ever got was dead eye stares back. On my last time there I said to a dude named Melvin if he wanted to have a beer to celebrate. He told me he couldn't bc he had to catch a plane back to his base.
That is why I believe our govt can keep anything a secret

MalO

Elite
You'd all be surprised at how many government buildings and war rooms are under just about every cancer hospital in USA. They have radiation in use so guess what you can stash there. Same with water treatment plants.

We did a Google facility in 2004ish in an area near Charleston. Every senior partner (all my family) had to have a background check and get high classification clearance. I had to drive every delivery not our normal delivery guys. They would run mirrors and xray on every load.
Anyone who went to that facility had to do a polygraph I think it was every 60 days or 10th delivery. It was certainly more than just a Google storage center.

Another job was a car dealership. But the job went 7 stories below the dealership. The people on that job wouldn't speak to one another. I'd make jokes and shit during offloading. All I ever got was dead eye stares back. On my last time there I said to a dude named Melvin if he wanted to have a beer to celebrate. He told me he couldn't bc he had to catch a plane back to his base.
That is why I believe our govt can keep anything a secret

I believe you.

I'm just disgusted by the whole thing.

Our country is over 30 trillion in debt and defense spending got an unlimited budget with the last debt ceiling negotiation.

Our military does not serve and protect the American people. It is a self-serving military that would crush, oppress, brutalize, and destroy us if we dared to put it back on a leash.

BigBucnNole

Elite
It really depends job to job. Anywhere bw 30-60%
30-40% is our goal. But when you get to bigger jobs every fabrication shop will pad their number a min of 10%. 10% means you trust your number. It goes up from there if there is convoluted shit going on.
In 2001 I lost 100k on a job bc I missed an entire floor on the quote I submitted. I had it in my estimate but just left it out of the quote.
Our last 500 ton job we actually only used 412 tons. So we pocketed 88x2000 straight to our bottom line. But that is very rare. You should always be 10% up or down on a job to consider is correct tonnage

What's the timeline on a federal project? I had a $2 million dollar gig that paid out over five years. Wasn't worth shit by the end.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I believe you.

I'm just disgusted by the whole thing.

Our country is over 30 trillion in debt and defense spending got an unlimited budget with the last debt ceiling negotiation.

Our military does not serve and protect the American people. It is a self-serving military that would crush, oppress, brutalize, and destroy us if we dared to put it back on a leash.
We agree mostly. I think we can bbith be convoluted dickholes. That's why people like me.

Top Bottom