Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

YouTube TV to drop Disney-owned channels

Belezabro

Elite
Email:

We have held good faith negotiations with Disney for several months. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we were unable to reach an equitable agreement before our existing one expired.

As of December 17, 2021, end of day Eastern Time, all Disney-owned channels, including ESPN and your local ABC station, are unavailable on YouTube TV.

I didn’t know Disney owned all these channels:

Your local ABC channel
ABC News Live
Disney Channel
Disney Junior
Disney XD
Freeform
FX
FXX
FXM
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN3 (by authentication to the ESPN app)
ESPNU
ESPNEWS
SEC Network
ACC Network

Belezabro

Elite
By that definition, they should drop the price of YouTube TV.

But they won’t, because Google are greedy bastards.
I left out that part...

We will be decreasing our monthly price by $15, from $64.99 to $49.99, for the Base Plan while this content remains off of our platform. No action is needed on your part. A credit of $15 per month will automatically be issued. Once content is unavailable, this credit will be applied to your next bill after December 17 and will only be visible to family managers in Settings > Billing after the charge has taken place. Please note that if you have a promotional price with YouTube TV, you can still expect a $15 credit. Members who are in a paused state will receive this credit one month after their first charge.

Gators300

Savage Daemon
Founder
Yeah, it's good that they at least drop the price. But this shit is so tiring to deal with.

Given how Google likes to manipulate search results, I wonder if they'd consider suppressing search results for Disney owned properties. Like if someone searches for ESPN or sports scores, the first four results are like CBS Sports, FOX Sports, etc. Or search for Disney and Universal results come up instead.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I didn’t think the mad lads would actually do it. I bet that is one hell of a negotiation between Disney and Google

Gators300

Savage Daemon
Founder
I didn’t think the mad lads would actually do it. I bet that is one hell of a negotiation between Disney and Google
From what I could tell, YouTube TV only has around 4 million subscribers thus far. Not really negotiating from a position of strength. Their leverage only lies in that they are owned by Google, unfortunately.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
From what I could tell, YouTube TV only has around 4 million subscribers thus far. Not really negotiating from a position of strength. Their leverage only lies in that they are owned by Google, unfortunately.
Can you watch ESPN if you have Disney plus?

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Just a negotiating tactic. Disney will come to the table a deal. Although I hate that fucking company.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
Drop all sports channels and use sportsurge.net for ALL your events, including pay per view

Sadly college basketball is the only major sport missing. But you can find any game for free elsewhere.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Drop all sports channels and use sportsurge.net for ALL your events, including pay per view

Sadly college basketball is the only major sport missing. But you can find any game for free elsewhere.
I went for years avoiding paying for sports but I finally just had to switch over so I could stream straight from the tv

Oler Ted

Elite
Feels good to have a reason to drop a Google product. Don’t know why I got caught up in the YouTube TV hype when there were other options

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Ended up going with Hulu live. Just seemed like the best options, plus the best shows

I just got the live part for football season. Will cancel next month. The rest of the year, I feel like hulu gives me alot for the money, but I love all those shows I listed. Think it has 30 Rock also, but the cartoons & Always Sunny are enough to keep me subscribing.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
... and there it is. By 3:30 Eastern on Sunday.

It's almost like I've been through these before. They're always the same.
What in the fuck was Google thinking? If you are gonna settle, do it before you start losing customers. I personally know 3 that switched yesterday

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Buy john boat listen on radio like gramps did

Watch at bar w beer and wings

Seems like a no big deal situation

Shaun52

SCAR Cawk Connoisseur
Founder
So what’s the consensus? Get off of YTTV? Go full Hulu or Fubo?

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
So what’s the consensus? Get off of YTTV? Go full Hulu or Fubo?
YTTV is fine. All the channels are there. They only have about 4 million subscribers but have the negotiating power of a service with 100 times that many.

I think Paramount/CBS is about to blow all of this up though. They've already done it to Dish.

Top Bottom