Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Y’all got any more of dem bass fillets?

Chief_Trojan

Poster
Founder
Big bowls. Money.

Jz4.gif

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Nice catch OP.

I never really liked bass. As a kid we always ate crappy and blue gills. Now I’m partial to northern pike. So meaty and delicious. Cleaning them is a mother fucker tho. Tough to get the Y bones out but if you do it’s glorious.

Alot of tasty, boney, pain in the ass to clean fish out there. I love fresh fried flounder, but hate cleaning it. I always miss a little bone or two somewhere. My favorites are easy though. Hard to beat mahi, tuna or wahoo imo.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Alot of tasty, boney, pain in the ass to clean fish out there. I love fresh fried flounder, but hate cleaning it. I always miss a little bone or two somewhere. My favorites are easy though. Hard to beat mahi, tuna or wahoo imo.
Wahoo and hogfish are my favorites. We get ono (wahoo) here flown in daily from Hawaii by our local fishmonger. There’s nothing better IMO.

TJHall1

Legendary
Nice catch OP.

I never really liked bass. As a kid we always ate crappy and blue gills. Now I’m partial to northern pike. So meaty and delicious. Cleaning them is a mother fucker tho. Tough to get the Y bones out but if you do it’s glorious.
Northern pike 🤮🤮🤮

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
my Grandad had two ponds on the property. One full of bass and bream, the other full of catfish.

TJHall1

Legendary
It’s just as delicious as walleye and a much firmer texture. You realize walleye is a pike as well, right?
This is wrong.

Walleye is in the family of percidae. Northern pike are in a different family. They are not a pike.

Walleye, sometimes called walleye pike (although it is not related to pike), is a freshwater fish with a moderately firm texture and a mild, sweet fish flavor.

Walleye tastes waaaay better than northern. We never keep those slimy bastards.

Last edited:

Nape

Elite
Founder
This is wrong.

Walleye is in the family of percidae. Northern pike are in a different family. They are not a pike.

Walleye, sometimes called walleye pike (although it is not related to pike), is a freshwater fish with a moderately firm texture and a mild, sweet fish flavor.

Walleye tastes waaaay better than northern. We never keep those slimy bastards.
I know it’s not a pike. It is actually more similar to perch than pike. But many call it a walleyed pike.

Regardless, everyone has different tastes. Put a plate of walleye, perch, and pike in front of me and I’m eating the pike every time. You do you. I’ll do me. No problems here.

TJHall1

Legendary
I know it’s not a pike. It is actually more similar to perch than pike. But many call it a walleyed pike.

Regardless, everyone has different tastes. Put a plate of walleye, perch, and pike in front of me and I’m eating the pike every time. You do you. I’ll do me. No problems here.
You LITERALLY said: "you realize walleye is a pike."
And then I showed that walleye is part of the perch family and you reply by telling me walleye is similar to perch. Hahahaha.
Whatever, you were wrong and are now backtracking. Its ok.

Most people think walleye is great tasting and that northern are closer to carp and sheepshead. Your recipes are mostly good, your palate must be shit if you like northern.

Top Bottom