Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why do commercials play the dancing part in reverse?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Oh my, you had me at commercial. I love breaking down commercials. I even talked to @BLatta12 about starting my own YouTube channel.

Never noticed on the sofi commercials about the backwards dancing. I felt like they have a good commercial to advertise some what of a parasitic product.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
One of my girls (6) is incredibly observant. She said something that made us realize that she absorbs all the commercials. So I just randomly asked her what the Toyota tag line is (I couldn’t think of it off the top of my head) and she said “let’s go places”. I was very impressed. She wants to make commercials when she gets older. And be a rock star and a chocolate chef

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
One of my girls (6) is incredibly observant. She said something that made us realize that she absorbs all the commercials. So I just randomly asked her what the Toyota tag line is (I couldn’t think of it off the top of my head) and she said “let’s go places”. I was very impressed. She wants to make commercials when she gets older. And be a rock star and a chocolate chef
She wanted us to download the dominos app so bad so we could get a “surprise free”. I downloaded it and order some food. The surprise free is random and we didn’t get it, but a got something extra to pretend it was a surprise free and she was so happy.

We also had to get a triple treat box from Pizza Hut.

Gonna have to teach her at some point how advertising tries to sell you things you don’t need, but she can have fun in the meantime

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
The few sports I watch, I usually change the channel or mute it durung the commercial break.
I’m too lazy, but I like watching them and try to figure out how they are selling stuff to people. Back in my stoner days it was one of my favorite things

Over Christmas macy’s made all their commercial about random perfumes and cologne. They called macy’s the fragrance destination. Why? Because the only place you can smell a variety is at a brick and mortar store. But also the last gasp of a dying department store industry

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
How not to become your parents.

No more talks about parking lots.

Let's not talk about leaving before the game starts.
Drives me nuts because it’s clear that the guy coaching them up is more of a losers than the parents are

Top Bottom