Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who were the big transfers in the College Football Transfer Portal?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Outside of Alabama, what are some of the other big transfers? I haven't kept track, so if there are some other big ones, I'm not even aware

Heading into the offseason it looked like Bama might be weak at offensive skill positions, but Saban cleaned up in the free agent market

Now Alabama has added 4 NFL level players (CB Eli Ricks from LSU, RB Jamyr Gibbs from GT, WR Jermain Burtin from UGA, WR Tyler Harrell from Louisville)

He warned everyone: https://leaders.com/articles/sports...be-an-advantage-for-the-alabama-crimson-tide/

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Ugh....see Kiffin.

If feels great to be KING! We will look at May transfers as we have a loaded roster. Congrats on picking up our scraps.
Itll be really interesting to see if he can take down Saban. I've always kinda thought kiffen to be similar to Spurrier. Ya hate him til he is your coach. Unless you're a Vol4life then you cry in your mash

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Itll be really interesting to see if he can take down Saban. I've always kinda thought kiffen to be similar to Spurrier. Ya hate him til he is your coach. Unless you're a Vol4life then you cry in your mash

Hated Kiffin at UT, but would have loved him coaching us post-Spurrier. To show how shitty our board of trustees is at Carolina...when they were beginning the search to replace Spurrier (insane they didn't already have several names of potential replacements, but that's a whole other thing), the board gave Ray Tanner two names that they would never approve, so he wouldn't waste time persuing them. The names? Lane Kiffin and Bobby Petrino...and that's why we will always suck. Our administration doesn't care enough about winning. Lmfao at going after Muschamp instead of Kiffin or Petrino.🙄

Outside of Alabama, what are some of the other big transfers? I haven't kept track, so if there are some other big ones, I'm not even aware

Heading into the offseason it looked like Bama might be weak at offensive skill positions, but Saban cleaned up in the free agent market

Now Alabama has added 4 NFL level players (CB Eli Ricks from LSU, RB Jamyr Gibbs from GT, WR Jermain Burtin from UGA, WR Tyler Harrell from Louisville)

He warned everyone: https://leaders.com/articles/sports...be-an-advantage-for-the-alabama-crimson-tide/

I'd say outside of Bama, the Longhorns have cleaned up significantly. QB Quinn Ewers (Ohio State), WR Isaiah Neyor (Wyoming), TE Jaheel Billingsley and WR Agiye Hall both coming from Bama.

That's a lot of firepower all going to one side of the ball. Ewers was the #1 QB in the '21 class so that's obviously a huge pickup. Both Billingsley and Hall are uber-talented but both appear headaches in the locker room. I can almost imagine Bama officials helping both of them load up their U-Hauls. Its a good thing Texas is getting players in the transfer portal. Their '19 class was an abortion as 19 of the 26 players has either left or still riding the bench.

Getting back to Bama, Saban proves again that he is THE master in recruiting. With Bama having the most talented roster in the country, Saban went out and brought in FIVE starters for the '22 season with OT, Steen, CB Ricks, RB Gibbs, and WRs Burton and Harrell. That's insane.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I'd say outside of Bama, the Longhorns have cleaned up significantly. QB Quinn Ewers (Ohio State), WR Isaiah Neyor (Wyoming), TE Jaheel Billingsley and WR Agiye Hall both coming from Bama.

That's a lot of firepower all going to one side of the ball. Ewers was the #1 QB in the '21 class so that's obviously a huge pickup. Both Billingsley and Hall are uber-talented but both appear headaches in the locker room. I can almost imagine Bama officials helping both of them load up their U-Hauls. Its a good thing Texas is getting players in the transfer portal. Their '19 class was an abortion as 19 of the 26 players has either left or still riding the bench.

Getting back to Bama, Saban proves again that he is THE master in recruiting. With Bama having the most talented roster in the country, Saban went out and brought in FIVE starters for the '22 season with OT, Steen, CB Ricks, RB Gibbs, and WRs Burton and Harrell. That's insane.
I never knew Billingsly transferred. Had super high hopes for him, but he did seem to cause more harm than good last season

I never knew Billingsly transferred. Had super high hopes for him, but he did seem to cause more harm than good last season

Billingsley made his splash for Bama in the second half of the '20 season leaving Bama fans clamoring for more in the upcoming seasons. I think for much of the '21 season fans were waiting on Billingsley to shift into his next gear. It didn't happen.

As for Agiye Hall, his best game was Bama's A-Day game to wind up '21's Spring practice when he made a few circus catches. Like Billingsley in the Fall before, fans were anticipating Hall to be the next Julio Jones. It didn't happen.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
OU had 10 transfers.

QB Dillan Gabriel will be the starter.

An OL from Cal, a DL from Tulane, a de from Hawaii, and a dB will also start/see significant playing time.
I look forward to seeing veneables as a headcoach. I think he will struggle in the SEC. But if TX and OK get all the nil transfers they may be ok.

Jtrain80

Legendary
I look forward to seeing veneables as a headcoach. I think he will struggle in the SEC. But if TX and OK get all the nil transfers they may be ok.

From what I saw at the spring game, it is a completely different animal. The defense is going to be good again! As a whole, they all looked in much better shape than they have been Riley took over.

Not saying they win the SEC every year, but very few will check them off the schedule as a definite win.

Jtrain80

Legendary

Are you a Longhorn?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
From what I saw at the spring game, it is a completely different animal. The defense is going to be good again! As a whole, they all looked in much better shape than they have been Riley took over.

Not saying they win the SEC every year, but very few will check them off the schedule as a definite win.
That is how I feel about them. They got the OC from ol miss right? Should remain potent

I really wanna see TX fall below South Carolina in standing

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

When Veneables came to Clemson our Defense was just awful. Always played some soft, bend don't break, philosophy and the results were .... broken. We sucked. He took that same group of players and turned them into a great defense the next year. He was much more aggressive with the blitzes and it was just a much more fun defense to watch.

You gotta love his intensity too, no one can match that.

Jtrain80

Legendary
When Veneables came to Clemson our Defense was just awful. Always played some soft, bend don't break, philosophy and the results were .... broken. We sucked. He took that same group of players and turned them into a great defense the next year. He was much more aggressive with the blitzes and it was just a much more fun defense to watch.

You gotta love his intensity too, no one can match that.

He has had good Defenses since the 90's at kState.

Are you a Longhorn?

Negative.....

Nick Saban's respect for Bear Bryant extends beyond national championship  record | Sporting News

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
This thread reminds me how BORING life has been as a CHAMPION since 1/10. At least Tomorrow night will be like a repeat of 1/10 when DAWGS rule the day(s).

All joking aside:
Have to wonder if fans (👀 @ u GUMPS) really believe yore team is "Great" when needing a Starting LT from Vandy and 4 others to fill starting roles. :ROFLMAO:

I though Bama/Saban was known for Player Development.......wtf is going on in Tusky these days?

This thread reminds me how BORING life has been as a CHAMPION since 1/10. At least Tomorrow night will be like a repeat of 1/10 when DAWGS rule the day(s).

All joking aside:
Have to wonder if fans (👀 @ u GUMPS) really believe yore team is "Great" when needing a Starting LT from Vandy and 4 others to fill starting roles. :ROFLMAO:

I though Bama/Saban was known for Player Development.......wtf is going on in Tusky these days?

Easy answer here. Juniors leaving early for the draft.....usually going first two rounds. OT Steen coming in for departing OT Even Neal who'll go 1st round. WRs Williams and Metchie, who scorched Georgia in the SECCG but both being injured in the NC game, will leave early for the draft, and incoming WRs and Jermain Burton taking their place.....Burton leaving Georgia in order to play in "Tusky."

Rounding out the incoming starters are RB Gibbs who was Ga Tech's leading rusher in '21 and former #1 rated CB Elias Ricks from LSU coming in for BRob and Jobe both of whom are heading to the NFL. BRob was a Senior but RB had a rash of injuries in '21 with McCellen and Roydell Williams so adding Gibbs while losing BRob was a no-brainer.

Also, I love it when every couple of years a team other than Bama wins a NC, you'll have that fanbase declare this "new world order" kind of horseshit. FSU in '13 and OSU in '14 started this theme. Clemson did win twice in '16 and '18 so I'll give them a pass. To their credit, LSU fans knew they were top heavy with veteran players in '19 so they didn't spew the NWO nonsense. Now, Georgia fans are flexing in this humorous manner. As Bear Bryant would often say to his players..."when you score a touchdown, act like you've been there."

Last edited:

BurntJ

Founder
Easy answer here. Juniors leaving early for the draft.....usually going first two rounds. OT Steen coming in for departing OT Even Neal who'll go 1st round. WRs Williams and Metchie, who scorched Georgia in the SECCG but both being injured in the NC game, will leave early for the draft, and incoming WRs and Jermain Burton taking their place.....Burton leaving Georgia in order to play in "Tusky."

Rounding out the incoming starters are RB Gibbs who was Ga Tech's leading rusher in '21 and former #1 rated CB Elias Ricks from LSU coming in for BRob and Jobe both of whom are heading to the NFL. BRob was a Senior but RB had a rash of injuries in '21 with McCellen and Roydell Williams so adding Gibbs while losing BRob was a no-brainer.

Also, I love it when every couple of years a team other than Bama wins a NC, you'll have that fanbase declare this "new world order" kind of horseshit. FSU in '13 and OSU in '14 started this theme. Clemson did win twice in '16 and '18 so I'll give them a pass. To their credit, LSU fans knew they were top heavy with veteran players in '19 so they didn't spew the NWO nonsense. Now, Georgia fans are flexing in this humorous manner. As Bear Bryant would often say to his players..."when you score a touchdown, act like you've been there."
🤣 Easy answer…..then you post that diatribe.

Look Bama has recruited OR developed like shit lately. Which is it? Bama has been signing elite OL and you want me to believe that Vandy is developing shitty players into better players that yore developed 5 ⭐🤣

I (stupidly) thought we might have 1 Bammer that isn’t a total homer…..you sir are NOT him 🤣

Holy Shit…..I didn’t read the whole thing…..BUT WHOLLY FUCK! You quoted Bear ……🤣. We’re you the old loser that I made cry in Indy! I was bashing that faggit and his gay houndstooth shit, which I learned…..Is like a Gump dog whistle. PATHETIC

🤣 Easy answer…..then you post that diatribe.

Look Bama has recruited OR developed like shit lately. Which is it? Bama has been signing elite OL and you want me to believe that Vandy is developing shitty players into better players that yore developed 5 ️ ⭐🤣

I (stupidly) thought we might have 1 Bammer that isn’t a total homer…..you sir are NOT him 🤣

Holy Shit….. I didn’t read the whole thing….. BUT WHOLLY FUCK! You quoted Bear ……. We’re you the old loser that I made cry in Indy! I was bashing that faggit and his gay houndstooth shit, which I learned….. Is like a Gump dog whistle. PATHETIC🤣

Deergod memes. Best Collection of funny Deergod pictures on iFunny

BurntJ

Founder
I asked a simple question….

What’s the deal, has yore evaluations gone to shit….OR is it yore development.

You made up BS excuses.
Where is #1 RB’s Trey Sanders and Camar Wheaton? Where are all the highly rated OL you have been signing.

Needing to fill 5 positions in 1 offseason and Saban not having the replacements on roster….is…..Off for N Saban and Bama.
(I’m not a Saban is done guy…this is just GLARING bc its never been DB,OL,RB. These are key staples of his recruiting throughout his career.)

You made up BS excuses.
Where is #1 RB’s Trey Sanders and Camar Wheaton? Where are all the highly rated OL you have been signing.

Needing to fill 5 positions in 1 offseason and Saban not having the replacements on roster….is…..Off for N Saban and Bama.
(I’m not a Saban is done guy…this is just GLARING bc its never been DB,OL,RB. These are key staples of his recruiting throughout his career.)

Dude, you're bitching about the greatest dynasty run in college foosball history and you're wanting me to explain my reasoning? Got damn, Georgia fans are delusional and are rivaling FSU '13 and OSU '14. I'll continue to monitor the situation.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I had completely forgot about Spencer Rattler. Also good to see @BurntJ back talkin shit in the board

Thanks sir. I haven’t admired this beauty in months. Beautiful year. UGA Natty and Best RB ever dominating……2022….UGA natty and Best RB ever dominating Senate.

Yore welcome. Hershel is awesome both in his playing and in his political stances.

You made up BS excuses.

Uga fan talking about not developing talent. That’s rich

BurntJ

Founder
Uga fan talking about not developing talent. That’s rich
Correct! We are RICH!

1651109837008.jpeg
Thanks for noticing! Feel free to watch tomorrow and you will see a ton of “developed talent”. We did have that problem prior to Kirby and was really frustrating. Luckily that won’t be an issue for us for the next 20 or so years.

Correct! We are RICH!

View attachment 96788
Thanks for noticing! Feel free to watch tomorrow and you will see a ton of “developed talent”. We did have that problem prior to Kirby and was really frustrating. Luckily that won’t be an issue for us for the next 20 or so years.

If that ring isn't 24k gold, the players' fingers will be green enough to be amputated by the time it gets to 2062.

Last edited:

BurntJ

Founder
Yeah UGA will always be 1980 in my heart. Only reason they won is because Metchia and Jameson went down. I put an * on their 2021 championship.
That’s fine bc we have an * on the 18 for the Tyler Fickin Simmons Blocked punt so….

We’re all square.

Top Bottom