Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

who gets an eye exam locally and then buys glasses online?

JerBearr

If so, where do you buy your glasses? Last time I paid $300 for frames locally (insurance covered $180 I think...so I really paid around $120). Online I've seen frames that are in the neighborhood of $20 + the cost of the lenses. Also how do you know which glasses are good? Can you return them if you dont like the way they look?

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Can you blame her? She has seen your house right next door to Taco Bell.

The only thing you have to worry about is her leaving you for some dude that lives next door to a Waffle House.
@JerBearr this cannot be stated enough. Make sure that she is a keep as you are literally fishing with dynamite thanks to the Taco Bell.

BurntJ

Founder
If so, where do you buy your glasses? Last time I paid $300 for frames locally (insurance covered $180 I think...so I really paid around $120). Online I've seen frames that are in the neighborhood of $20 + the cost of the lenses. Also how do you know which glasses are good? Can you return them if you dont like the way they look?
Not a poor or glasses wearer BUT my wife thought she was going to score this same deal. Glasses were wrong prescription and website was a PIA to deal with returning and re-ordering. She called her eye doctor and ordered the correct $300 ones and got them immediately. Last week (4 weeks after original purchase) she finally received her cheap prescription glasses.....and they were the wrong color 🤣. She saw my smirk and immediately said.....well I can deal with this color (neutral/tan/skin color) easier than I can deal with that fucking website again.

@JerBearr
Long story short....just buy the $300 glasses and save the $20 and 4+ weeks of Bullshit!!

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Eye Buy Direct is where I shop. Good selection and quality, and best of all they get the prescription right, and if you are not happy, full re-fund or exchange no questions asked. Got for it.

JerBearr

Not a poor or glasses wearer BUT my wife thought she was going to score this same deal. Glasses were wrong prescription and website was a PIA to deal with returning and re-ordering. She called her eye doctor and ordered the correct $300 ones and got them immediately. Last week (4 weeks after original purchase) she finally received her cheap prescription glasses.....and they were the wrong color 🤣. She saw my smirk and immediately said.....well I can deal with this color (neutral/tan/skin color) easier than I can deal with that fucking website again.

@JerBearr
Long story short....just buy the $300 glasses and save the $20 and 4+ weeks of Bullshit!!
This is the kind of information I'm looking for. Thanks for the information. I'll tread lightly with online glasses.

Eye Buy Direct is where I shop. Good selection and quality, and best of all they get the prescription right, and if you are not happy, full re-fund or exchange no questions asked. Got for it.
Now this gives me second thoughts haha. The full refund part makes me happy though. I might give it a try!

PawPower1981

I love those 👩🏻‍🦰
Founder
I know a girl on eBay that can hook you up with designer frames. She got me 2 pair when I got my glasses. Then I took them to Walmart and got lenses for both pair for like 200

BurntJ

Founder
To Me:

Glasses are for BETA's.......a real Alpha would just power through the vision tunnel to the light at the end......vision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom