Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who else is enjoying remote work?

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
It's been kinda weird for me. Part time in, part time telework. There are good and bad things about it, but lately I've been trying to focus on all the benefits. One day once the normal grind starts back I will look back fondly on all my telework hours

Tigerbomb

Poster
Founder
I have worked from home for several years. I'm self-employed and always enjoyed the quietness and freedom to set my own schedule.

Then Covid hit and my office became a two person office.

It dawned on me very quickly that I cant get anything done with my best friend sitting 10 feet away and wanting to talk about various things throughout the work day.

She thinks it is great but I'm working twice as long to get things done.

Her work is actually considering letting some people to continue to work remotely after we return to "normal".

If that happens I'll be building a detached garage with a finished office above it.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder

Been remote for the past year and will never go back to an office unless I’m forced or desperate for a job. In destin all this week and just as productive as always.
View attachment 8547

It's been kinda weird for me. Part time in, part time telework. There are good and bad things about it, but lately I've been trying to focus on all the benefits. One day once the normal grind starts back I will look back fondly on all my telework hours

Been remote since 4/19. Currently in the mountains near Lesotho in South Africa.View attachment 8548
If you don’t mind me asking, what do you gents do that allows you to be remote? Don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I have worked from home for several years. I'm self-employed and always enjoyed the quietness and freedom to set my own schedule.

Then Covid hit and my office became a two person office.

It dawned on me very quickly that I cant get anything done with my best friend sitting 10 feet away and wanting to talk about various things throughout the work day.

She thinks it is great but I'm working twice as long to get things done.

Her work is actually considering letting some people to continue to work remotely after we return to "normal".

If that happens I'll be building a detached garage with a finished office above it.

My best bud back home said the same damn thing. He also added the wife asks more questions throughout the day than you can possibly fathom. Then also asks him to help with her side project.

EdgeBest

Poster
Loving it. We are still optional. When I do go in it's dead in there so everyone must be opting remote

The_Goose

Poster
Founder
Just signed an offer with a new company literally an hour ago. 100% remote. I enjoy going into the office and we had the option since last August at my current company which I took advantage of a few days a week. Going to be an adjustment, but I’ll be ‘aight.

Last edited:

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Being in med device sales I’ve been jealous of what a lot of my friends have got to do with this work from home. Guess my $40 off my cell phone plan will have to do.

comotiger

Poster
Founder
If you don’t mind me asking, what do you gents do that allows you to be remote? Don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.
I’m an inside sales rep selling marketing and small business software services. So just dialing on the phones all day. As long as internet and cell service is good I can work anywhere

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
I've gotten use to it.

Things I like:

1. An extra hour not having to drive to office
2. Being able to work into the night and can just go downstairs to sleep in less than 6 seconds
3. Peace and quiet

Things I miss:

1. Social interaction
2. Having people stop by for a drink - our office is set up like a lounge with full bar and kitchen + 5 70" TVs
3. Visits from hot title, MI, and insurance reps

Mr. Goodtiger

Poster
Not always a fan. Too easy to sleep in or knock off early or whatever. Feel like I’ve got no momentum. In the winter I’ll go a whole work week without moving more than 100 yards from my bed.

It doesn’t help that things are in an upheaval at work (not covid related), but generally I just don’t think sitting at home all day agrees with me.

On the bright side setting your own schedule in the summer means lots of afternoon golf. So, you know, pluses and minuses.

EDIT: case in point, I should’ve been in bed an hour ago or more, but I don’t have a meeting until like 10 so why bother. It doesn’t affect my output but it just feels gross.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Not always a fan. Too easy to sleep in or knock off early or whatever. Feel like I’ve got no momentum. In the winter I’ll go a whole work week without moving more than 100 yards from my bed.

It doesn’t help that things are in an upheaval at work (not covid related), but generally I just don’t think sitting at home all day agrees with me.

On the bright side setting your own schedule in the summer means lots of afternoon golf. So, you know, pluses and minuses.

EDIT: case in point, I should’ve been in bed an hour ago or more, but I don’t have a meeting until like 10 so why bother. It doesn’t affect my output but it just feels gross.

I’ll ask everyone even if it comes off rude, I truly don’t mean for it to, but what is your profession? Reason being is because I’m moving on from what happened pre-surgery/and all that shit. I’ve talked to so many of you all.

dragworm

Poster
I’ve been working from home for about 7 years. All these corona restrictions had no impact on my work routine. I like the flexibility that you get while working at home. It’s also a bonus to not to have to fight traffic every day.

Mr. Goodtiger

Poster
I’ll ask everyone even if it comes off rude, I truly don’t mean for it to, but what is your profession? Reason being is because I’m moving on from what happened pre-surgery/and all that shit. I’ve talked to so many of you all.
I’m a software admin—I call it IT adjacent. If you’re familiar with the CRM software Salesforce, I’m a Salesforce admin with a company based out of Atlanta.

I got into sales after college, mostly cus I didn’t know wtf I wanted to do, and that was a terrible fit, but of course once I was in it I was kind of stuck. You go in for an interview for something unrelated and they go “well you’re not a fit but you’ve got a lot of sales experience why don’t you talk to our sales manager?” I’d have blown a cow to get out of it and thankfully I ended up at a spot where we used SF and I learned the software. Parlayed that into my current gig.

It’s a good line of work. Easy enough to learn, a lot of need for it right now, so plenty of money to be made.

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Been remote for the past year and will never go back to an office unless I’m forced or desperate for a job. In destin all this week and just as productive as always.
View attachment 8547
Being you have time on your hands, go clean that rust from the desk. Also, while you're at it, those chairs could be upgraded and those shrubs are terrible. Sure there are some great colorful options available in your hardy zone to compliment those pretty pink flowers.

Lastly, paint or stain the fence.

Maybe you could convince your wife to buy you a bedazzled grill like that fag ticket2ride.

Cute pup though.....

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Work from home = more Skype/Zoom meetings. At the office I would go and meet clients and decide whether I was mobile that afternoon (usually yes). Now stuck taking meetings at the computer.

comotiger

Poster
Founder
Being you have time on your hands, go clean that rust from the desk. Also, while you're at it, those chairs could be upgraded and those shrubs are terrible. Sure there are some great colorful options available in your hardy zone to compliment those pretty pink flowers.

Lastly, paint or stain the fence.

Maybe you could convince your wife to buy you a bedazzled grill like that fag ticket2ride.

Cute pup though.....
This is primarily a rental property my parents own that gets rented out 35-40 weeks of the year so most of the amenities are for longevity than getting the nice upgrades possible. No point painting the fence when the sand will mess it up constantly. We are working on the rust there though lol

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
This is primarily a rental property my parents own that gets rented out 35-40 weeks of the year so most of the amenities are for longevity than getting the nice upgrades possible. No point painting the fence when the sand will mess it up constantly. We are working on the rust there though lol
Tell your kids to paint the fence. Ever heard of Tom Sawyer?

denn

Legendary
Founder
Unfortunately I do not have a job that can be done from home. I would love to have that option. Those that are getting that option now, after having to go through the daily hustle for x amount of years, I am happy for you all. It has to be a pretty cool change.

Top Bottom