Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who decides what is a conspiracy theory and what is truth?

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

tenor.gif

BigBucnNole

Elite

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Just in terms of volume/ratings which mainstream publication/ website gets the most hits?

I'd be curious to see all MM viewership plus Wapo and NYT circulation vs hits on vice, vox, buzzfeed. It's all apart of the same animal but interested in which limb carries the most muscle

Long cat

Elite
Just in terms of volume/ratings which mainstream publication/ website gets the most hits?

I'd be curious to see all MM viewership plus Wapo and NYT circulation vs hits on vice, vox, buzzfeed. It's all apart of the same animal but interested in which limb carries the most muscle
I think twitter and Facebook screw with people’s minds like no other. These are targeted, data driven apps that are designed to 1. Get you addicted and then 2. Push the narrative that they want you to see as effectively as possible while limiting dissenting opinions that are likely to influence a person. It is crazy to me that people go for it, but here I am posting on a spin off message board from a college football recruiting message board so who am I to talk.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
I think twitter and Facebook screw with people’s minds like no other. These are targeted, data driven apps that are designed to 1. Get you addicted and then 2. Push the narrative that they want you to see as effectively as possible while limiting dissenting opinions that are likely to influence a person. It is crazy to me that people go for it, but here I am posting on a spin off message board from a college football recruiting message board so who am I to talk.

For starters, no one is censoring what you say here, which is why we all abandoned ship from the other site.

But you are right, social media is a drug of sorts. Posting something- anything- and getting dopamine hits when random people click “like” is a real addiction for lots of people.

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Great point. People will seemingly always choose friends and fitting in over truth

Gets to the importance of narrative

Somebody posts some vapid, ridiculous, infantile message and it gets dozens of likes

Others post a thoughtful or scrutinizing message and gets nothing

Would love to know the breakdown between the true believers vs the bandwagoners

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

But a lot of those other places get their storyline from NYT and wapo editorial pages.... not the news sections.

Top Bottom