Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which credit cards are the best for accumulating sky miles?

My travel destinations are most likely Florida, Caribbean, and maybe SW so the miles would most likely be used with Southwest Airlines. If we decide to go abroad the little lady has a deal with Delta so that's covered. I looked at the different Southwest Rapid Rewards credit cards....Priority, Premier, Plus, and Business. Any suggestions on which way to go? TIA.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
My travel destinations are most likely Florida, Caribbean, and maybe SW so the miles would most likely be used with Southwest Airlines. If we decide to go abroad the little lady has a deal with Delta so that's covered. I looked at the different Southwest Rapid Rewards credit cards....Priority, Premier, Plus, and Business. Any suggestions on which way to go? TIA.

If we want to be honest miles are a rip off. Just get a cash back option and use that.

Miles are just a currency that airlines can devalue rather easily.

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
I've been using the Capital One Venture card for several years now and really like it. I can use my "credits" for cash back or travel. If I use them for travel, then they are worth more. So I just save them up and use them every couple of years. I'm taking a road trip to Yellowstone this summer and plan to use my credits to be reimbursed for all the gas I'm going to buy, the lodging, food, etc. All of this is considered "travel" so I get the better exchange rate for them.

Thanks for the responses fellas. I've got a Regions C.C. where I can cash in reward points so I may just leave at that for now. May look at Capital One's Venture card. Only thing holding me back would be those annoying commercials.

Top Bottom