Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Where our money go?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
So I have just been blown away by the support over here.

We are nearing $17,000 in donations as of now! I plan on being transparent about where your money go.

So far we have spent:
$2000 on a server upgrade to provide us one year of runway
$500 bonus for @Croot_Lord for his hard work (original plan has $200 but the scale of this blew up and he has worked his ass off)

Going forward:
-I am going to make a donation to the guys on the Discord because they are trying to accomplish the same thing as us and we want both communities to support each other
-Going to pay CL $15/hr for all the odds and ends he does for us
-Need to spend a few hundred on changing our business structure
-Bringing on an intern that we will pay $1000/month to sit with the forum 8am-5pm and handle IT concerns as a side job (already got my guy and he is an IT wiz)
-Need to get liability insurance

The business is being run out of an LLC I previously used to design websites. It is a 50/50 partnership between CL and I.

I think as long as we maintain 500ish members that are willing to sign up for a (voluntary only) $5/month membership we should be able to float this thing exactly as it is indefinitely.

As far as folks that want to invest in the larger enterprise I am going to work on a proposal to develop our very own platform. I want to take the concept of TMB/Xenforo, but optimize software strictly to support the community. It will be an entirely new platform. Hoping to seed this with around $100k-$150k to hire a software guy and overheard - I know just the guy that can do this. I want to use this forum as a think tank to optimize our platform. Everything will be handled 100% professional (on the business side at least)

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Next should be the look of the site. Need a symbol, need a header, dark mode...you know. That distinct look to give it its own identity.
Yeah CL is on that as well as our new intern.

We are waiting for the money to hit the account so we can renew the XenForo license and get access to a couple tools. That will be a couple hundred that is not listed above. I expect that to be done before the end of the week

Whiskey&Weed

Poster
Founder
So I have just been blown away by the support over here.

We are nearing $17,000 in donations as of now! I plan on being transparent about where your money go.

So far we have spent:
$2000 on a server upgrade to provide us one year of runway
$500 bonus for @Croot_Lord for his hard work (original plan has $200 but the scale of this blew up and he has worked his ass off)

Going forward:
-I am going to make a donation to the guys on the Discord because they are trying to accomplish the same thing as us and we want both communities to support each other
-Going to pay CL $15/hr for all the odds and ends he does for us
-Need to spend a few hundred on changing our business structure
-Bringing on an intern that we will pay $1000/month to sit with the forum 8am-5pm and handle IT concerns as a side job (already got my guy and he is an IT wiz)
-Need to get liability insurance

The business is being run out of an LLC I previously used to design websites. It is a 50/50 partnership between CL and I.

I think as long as we maintain 500ish members that are willing to sign up for a (voluntary only) $5/month membership we should be able to float this thing exactly as it is indefinitely.

As far as folks that want to invest in the larger enterprise I am going to work on a proposal to develop our very own platform. I want to take the concept of TMB/Xenforo, but optimize software strictly to support the community. It will be an entirely new platform. Hoping to seed this with around $100k-$150k to hire a software guy and overheard - I know just the guy that can do this. I want to use this forum as a think tank to optimize our platform. Everything will be handled 100% professional (on the business side at least)

I am going to be honest, we need to use this format with the discord spinoff for live games. Just update them every night. Bring in the discord managers if need be. This format is why I am here.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I am going to be honest, we need to use this format with the discord spinoff for live games. Just update them every night. Bring in the discord managers if need be. This format is why I am here.
Yeah I have been talking to shakeweight. This has never been about us vs. them to me - we are all the same community and want the same thing.

Like I've said in other threads this is digital manifest destiny

Cards1968

Founder
I agree. I just hated that I couldn't create my own threads like I can here, but appreciate all the features offered for the live games.
That is an issue that won't go away IMO. Another thing missing is polls. I mean there is a way as I put a sample one up in the baseball channel, but it's a) clunky and dorky looking, b) you have to wait until off-hours as there was a response between the poll and the emoji explanation post and c) it gets lost in the chat too quickly to have any value.

Cazvol

Poster
Founder
Where is the Discord board? I clicked on one of the links provided on here and I ended up at the MB Crypto thread, unless somehow I'm on the right Discord board and can't find where you guys are hanging out.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m fully on board with Crootn and the discord server. It’s already better than anything TMB had before. I was bummed to learn of the exodus as it feels like all of my entertainment is being ruined these days but was very happy to see what has come of it with the two options.
Yeah it really is an awesome blend having both

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
Sorry dude job position has closed

giphy.gif

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder
That is an issue that won't go away IMO. Another thing missing is polls. I mean there is a way as I put a sample one up in the baseball channel, but it's a) clunky and dorky looking, b) you have to wait until off-hours as there was a response between the poll and the emoji explanation post and c) it gets lost in the chat too quickly to have any value.
There’s a bot you can use that takes care of that, what’s your name on discord? I can send it to you.

Top Bottom