Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whelp the Job reports were Amazing

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
We should never find a bad jobs report surprising when there is a job-killer in the Oval Office.

Npklee

Elite
Retirement account got shredded in 08, told him I don't care about gains put me in something with low risk low yields for the rest of the year.

No bullshit there is zero reason to not put some into GBTC. We are going to print another $2T for stimulus. Inflation is coming and BTC is going to $100-220k in the next 6-12 months.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
No bullshit there is zero reason to not put some into GBTC. We are going to print another $2T for stimulus. Inflation is coming and BTC is going to $100-220k in the next 6-12 months.

Probably a good reason I will never be rich

but I will never be broke either

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
GTBC is all kinds of crazy when you see the advantage institution investors have. This is why I also have some arkw.
MARA is another crypto play from an IRA.
In the end your right to have some allocated.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
Need some advice. I’m 30 and have about 300k in my Roth + 401k. How quickly should I sell my retirement funds and move into my money market account for the time being?

The market scares the hell out of me now and I really want to avoid taking a huge haircut. I’ve been thinking about it for weeks but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Need some advice. I’m 30 and have about 300k in my Roth + 401k. How quickly should I sell my retirement funds and move into my money market account for the time being?

The market scares the hell out of me now and I really want to avoid taking a huge haircut. I’ve been thinking about it for weeks but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

If you are 30 you can weather almost any downturn in the markets.

If you really want to maximize your investments, get good at real estate

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

The market scares the hell out of me now and I really want to avoid taking a huge haircut.
The general public is in a really bad spot right now. If you go all money market you are gonna get destroyed by inflation. If you go all stonks you risk devastation when the bubble pops. Best plan I can come up with is to go something like 60% stocks / 40% bonds and just ride it out. If the market takes a 10-20% dump rebalance. If we have another massive fall (50%ish) shift to 90%/10% stocks to bonds.

This is the best way I’ve come up with to play it somewhat safe without potentially being wrecked by inflation.

Edit: and if you feel confused and don’t know what you are doing, go find a financial planner based on recs from friends and family

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
If you are 30 you can weather almost any downturn in the markets.

If you really want to maximize your investments, get good at real estate
I’m planning on getting into rental real estate in a few years. Would it be a bad idea to sell and potentially buy back if/when the market tanks?

It just seems to me that I have way more downside to protect then potential upside.

Maybe I am overreacting.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
The general public is in a really bad spot right now. If you go all money market you are gonna get destroyed by inflation. If you go all stonks you risk devastation when the bubble pops. Best plan I can come up with is to go something like 60% stocks / 40% bonds and just ride it out. If the market takes a 10-20% dump rebalance. If we have another massive fall (50%ish) shift to 90%/10% stocks to bonds.

This is the best way I’ve come up with to play it somewhat safe without potentially being wrecked by inflation.

Edit: and if you feel confused and don’t know what you are doing, go find a financial planner based on recs from friends and family
Great insight, thank you. If the market takes a 10-20% dump, what would you rebalance into if in a 60/40 fund?

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
I’m planning on getting into rental real estate in a few years. Would it be a bad idea to sell and potentially buy back if/when the market tanks?

It just seems to me that I have way more downside to protect then potential upside.

Maybe I am overreacting.

There are far many more people who have been burned trying to time the market vs those who just invest in index funds and forget about it.

If you really want to see for yourself, look at the S&P 500 chart from the last 30 years. However advice would be different if you were retiring soon.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Great insight, thank you. If the market takes a 10-20% dump, what would you rebalance into if in a 60/40 fund?
If you’re in something that is dedicated 60/40 then it will handle it for you. To make things simple what I’ve done is moved to a Target Retirement 2025 fund - gives you roughly 60/40

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
If you’re in something that is dedicated 60/40 then it will handle it for you. To make things simple what I’ve done is moved to a Target Retirement 2025 fund - gives you roughly 60/40

Index Target Retirement funds are great. The trick is not to mess with managed funds.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
There are far many more people who have been burned trying to time the market vs those who just invest in index funds and forget about it.

If you really want to see for yourself, look at the S&P 500 chart from the last 30 years. However advice would be different if you were retiring soon.
Totally agree and it’s against my normal logic. A collapse just seems imminent.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Totally agree and it’s against my normal logic. A collapse just seems imminent.
Just went to a 10 ladder today because that shit is coming down.

There is no way all this optimism hold.

Crypto, printing money, job killing, wuhan charlie, and ending energy is going to be a dangerous combo.

I don't see how it's not a play for them to bump the rates once the inflation takes hold (exactly like what they want).

This coming collapse has cabal written all over it.

BigBucnNole

Elite
I have not followed it, was this expected? That is a shit ton of jobs.

Yes. I predicted it anyway when employer confidence collapsed. Employment is basically the coming together of employer and consumer sentiment. When covid hit consumer sentiment collapsed leading to huge numbers in unemployment. Employers and establishment owners were relatively optimistic in the early days because of panic buying and no one was quite sure what covid was. Lockdowns took place and that more or less wore down employers. Consumer demand picked up on the flipside, and kept employment in place through the fall and into winter. But by that point cash flow running short, it more or less killed employment as establishments can't really afford one way or the other to keep employment in place. Regardless of customers lined up at the door.

Top Bottom